“Feel of real American food and surroundings.....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Feel of real American food and surroundings.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wanted to taste real food eaten by Americans and my husband suggested that I should try Texas Steakhouse. We went with our cousins and indeed we enjoyed ourselves with the bucket of peanuts, the good fresh bread rolls and the meat. Service was fast and excellent. I love my half slab of ribs which slided off smoothly when I savoured it and it was divine. My husband had his Porterhouse steak with baked potatos, our cousin had his Porterhouse with sweet potatos and his wife had the Grilled Salmon which was cooked to perfection. An evening well remembered and enjoyed!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Reno, Nevada
“Tried and Tried, 4 times never had a good experince here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tried and tried but me and this restaurant do not get along. I have not been to Texas Roadhouse for 18 months. I called ahead to see what the wait would be, they told me 25-30 minutes. Great we are about 25 minutes away: get on list. Arrive in 23 minutes- should be quick seating. Check in told it will be 15-20 wait before we are seated. Wait just over 15 minutes to be seated: so much for calling ahead.
Seated, bread on table drink orders taken: looking good, order an appetizer (Cactus Blossom) Waitress came back and took order. Wife ordered the top sirloin and grilled shrimp. Their idea of Medium is cool pink throughout, warm pink throughout is Med well. So that was ordered on her steak. I look and looked decided on the Prime Rib. I remember at other locations the Prime Rib was very good.
Appetizer arrived a little over cooked, the inside was eatable the outer ring was very crunchy, we left that part to go back.
Very long lag time between the appetizer and the main entrée coming out almost 15 minutes. Food arrived the wife’s place looked very nice, green beans and rice for her sides. Even with all talk about how prepared, it was bright pink inside, a very nice Med/Rare.
I received a cryo vacuumed packed piece of prime rib that was heated in a convection oven. This item was a the end of it cryo life. To say that I was disappointed that Texas Roadhouse no longer cooks a Prime Rib but have out sourced this and cooks a Cryo packed slice of prime rib that is reheated in a convection oven. My sides corn and rice.
The meat was a poor cut, look and tasted like it, sides, corn was good and rice was nice.
The waitress was good, she came back and checked on us, keep my glass of tea full. I will say service overall was good.
Manager came around and asked if everything was good. I asked here if the cooked their own prime rib, she said if is cooked in kitchen, when I asked about the cryo pack, “it is cooked in our kitchen before being served” she did ask if I wanted something else, I declined.
Side were nice, service was good, wife’s steak undercook but eatable, prime rib—Don’t Do It, try something else

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Super”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you want to get off the strip in Reno and are hungry eat here. The food was wonderful especially the the dinner rolls. Service was most excellent as the wait staff busted their butts to ensure everyone enjoyed their meals. A most enjoyable evening!

• Visited May 2013
Winnemucca, Nevada
“Least Advertised but the best food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stopped at the Texas Roadhouse for dinner one night with 2 grandkids and my daughter. My husband was in love from the minute he opened the door and smelled the rolls. They are amazing, especially with the cinnamon butter. My grandkids ordered off the kids menu and the size of the servings were GREAT, the kids were hungry from running around Reno all day and they couldn't even eat all the food. My husband and Daughter said the steaks were the best that they had ever tasted anywhere( I questioned them if that included mine, and they assured me it did!). I had the tri-tips in gravy with rice it was delicious also a large serving. The kids loved the peanuts on the table, the service was great, the food was extraordianry. We happened on to The Texas Roadhouse by accident but I am so glad we did. It will definitely not be an accident the next time we visit which will be next week, we live in WInnemucca, Nevada so now we have a favorite place to enjoy great food, awesome intuitive servers, and great prices. Why don't you advertise, oh forget I said that, it was crowded enough when we were there, you don't need advertising, word of this mouth will advertise for you. Thank you so much for being in Reno.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Chili, ribs, and corn was all very delicious. You get peanuts and bread when you sit down and the service is prompt and courteous. When I was eating the waitresses did a line dance to some music.

If you come here you will enjoy the food but if you want a quiet dinner this is not the place to go.

• Visited March 2013