“A Taste of Texas!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
South Lake Tahoe, California
“A Taste of Texas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was so happy when I heard about the Texas Roadhouse restaurant in Reno. Finally, a place that brings me back to where I lived and worked for over thirty years. Just walking in the door and smelling the wonderful bread is enough to make you want to be seated ASAP and taste the freshness. The food and barbecue sauce is fantastic. I love how tender the cuts of meat are, especially how EASILY the meat falls off the bones. The salads are nice and chilled, with tons of goodies besides just the lettuce. And the raspberry tea adds just the right touch of sweetness. The music, menu, waiters, along with the decor provide a little bit of Texas in Nevada. IF SOMETHING ISN'T THE WAY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE, JUST TELL THEM ABOUT IT. THAT IS TEXAS HOSPITALITY!!! YEE HAW!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
“Fried and sweetened. Yuck.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

There is nothing here that isn't heavy and fried. There is honey in the butter. Even the veggies are sweet. It's like the entire restaurant is one giant kid's menu. Not my thing.

Visited February 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food in top atmosphere. We were a larger party and a variety of starters and main courses. All of us left very satisfied and would recommend it to a friend.

“Was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We have only eaten here twice as we live a little bit away. The service was excellent. Our drinks were never empty and the server was very attentive. Living way in the country, i loved the noise and people. My guys had beers and it was Sooo cold. The only issue we had was we ordered the ribeye and I am a medium steak person forever!!!! Always pink to red no matter where we go. My husband and I ordered M and my son ordered MR, boy were we mistaken. 1- my husband and mines ribeye s were really thin and were more of Medium dine than medium. My sons 20 oz ribey was MR and it was more what we are used to M. Very disappointing. For a steakhouse you'd think they'd know how to cook their 'thin' steak. Mine was definitely not 12 oz. 8 oz would more like it. I could go back because the servers are amazing.

“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

always happy to see a Texas Roadhouse while on the road! Fun, great, friendly service, consistent food. Beats the unknown. Tender steak love that I can pick my sides and we all know their buns are the bomb! Manager came by the table, always a nice touch and a good sign and he told us there are plans to open a Texas Roadhouse here in Las Vegas! Yiiippeeee!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere