“Best Kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Mill
Reno, NV
“Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I are Reno locals. We enjoy going out for breakfast every weekend. We typically try to avoid the casino scene, but decided to try the Siena Coffee Shop/Restaurant. After a bad experience several years ago, at this location, we hadn't been back. We decided to try it again and were very pleasantly surprised by the changes made since we were there last. Very comfortable atmosphere with great seating right next to the Truckee river. Our breakfast was very good, with a nice variety of choices. The pricing was very reasonable. The hostess and waitress were welcoming, friendly and attentive. We will definitely become regulars at this site and plan to try an evening dinner there soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reno, Nevada
“Ignored reservation & menu not what is on the net!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Had Open Table reservations for 6:30 Tuesday nite. Got there early & sat at the bar. That was ok. At 6:15 we alerted them we had arrived. Told to come back at 6:30, because that was the reserved time. 6:30 we were told we had to wait for a table. Finally seated at 6:50. Table was wet. Now, we find that the menu is NOT what is on Open Table or Trip Advisor. Coffeeshop that had a few steaks. Staff was totally incompetent. A number of unhappy customers. It will be a very cold day......used to be great!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“view and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really enjoy being able to eat and lookout over the river, while having some wine relaxing. This is one of those places where you should not be in a rush to enjoy the experience. I liked that you had a choice to eat outdoors too.

Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great dinner with my family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this restaurant. My steak and lobster were great. The risotto side dish was very flavorful and well prepared. The view of the river was beautiful and we got to see fireworks which was neat. The restaurant itself is also very well decorated. The service was great and everybody was friendly. Chef Kevin even came out to greet us. I thought that was a nice touch. My only reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is because the French onion soup doesn't come with the melted cheese. They just sprinkle a teaspoon of cheese on a tiny piece of bread. It's not what I was expecting but the flavor was good. I tried my husbands lobster bisque soup and it was excellent. This is definitely a good place to go if you want a nice formal sit down dinner in Reno.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Being jet-lagged I went in for an early dinner and was able to get a window seat overlooking the River and it was very pretty. Service was great, decor is nice. Wine list could be better but I was only ordering by the glass and they had quite a lot of bottles to order. I started with the house salad that had balsamic candied nuts in it and for a nice simple salad like this, I really enjoyed it. It was dressed perfectly! So often you end up with heavily dressed salads so you can't even taste the vegetables. And those small nut pieces really made it yummy. For my entree I had the crab pasta special. it was nice-maybe a teensy bit too heavy on the olive oil but it was tasty and had plenty of crab in it. Between the salad, bread and pasta I was really full so only managed to have about half that dish and was bummed I could not bring the rest home (hotel room). I gave in to my sweet tooth though and asked for a dessert to go to eat later and the red velvet cake was ok. I've had better, I've had worse.
All in all this was a very pleasant experience with good food and a nice view. I would go back again. I think the waiter helped make the experience enjoyable, he was friendly, informative, there when I needed him and even let me return a glass of wine that was not to my taste and recommended another. Anyone reading this I say give it a try. The people in the tables around me seemed to be enjoying their steaks which I understand is often a special here.

Visited July 2013