“Great food, nice view too” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mill
Reno, Nevada
“Great food, nice view too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I had eaten here previously and had just a so-so experience. We decided to try again after waiting a few months and were nicely surprised. The menu at DaVinci is upscale. There are some nice steaks and a variety of other choices. I had a coffee rubbed steak (special that day) and my wife had Salmon. Both nicely prepared. The service was excellent and deserts outstanding. The restaurant is situated in the Siena Hotel and Casino which is a nice "boutique" casino in downtown Reno along the Truckee River. If you go before the sun sets, you get a nice view of the river. The waiting area for the restaurnt is the Rotunda Bar and they have a decent selection of wines that are not the typical names you see on a "wine by the glass" list. We had a couple of good wine choices. Also enjoyed talking to the bartender Karl who was a well travelled and interesting person. Give this place a try.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

tracy, ca
“Steak and Lobster!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What great service and quality food, all at a fantastic value. You never feel as if you are being ripped, which is a pleasant change these days.

Visited November 2012
San Francisco
“Great food, venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed the food and presentation. This restaurant is along the Truckee River, with tables overlooking the river. The food was excellent, our salmon dish was well presented; the steak dishes also looked good. The service staff was attentive, but not intrusive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minden, Nevada
“Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Prime Rib dinner ---very prime- and the specials are tempting
My waitress--Ms.T----, very worthy of a ++tip..Enjoyable meal by the Truckee river.. NO dislikes

Visited January 2013
Reno, Nevada
“One of the best meals I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My hubby and I celebrated our anniversary here and we treated like gold. From the private table overlooking the river to the chef sending out complimentary appetizers, this was a perfect evening.
The steak I had was flavorful and amazing and probably one of the best I have ever had.
The chef came out to ask us about the meal and to make sure we were completely satisfied.
The cheesecake dessert was beyond words!! Great wine list too!

I look forward to going back again very soon for our next special occasion.

• Visited June 2012