“Stay on the top floor, if possible” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, AZ
“Stay on the top floor, if possible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for three nights, and overall, it was fine. I knew breakfast was not included with the room (which seems strange, since just about every other hotel includes this), but there was not even so much as free coffee in the lobby. And for $150/night, it seems this would be available. There is a little cafe that is open for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the evening, but it would be nice if coffee were available all day (again, as it is in almost any other hotel).

The room was on the small size, but it was clean, and the bed was comfortable. For the most part, it was very quiet, except for the family of elephants that seemed to be staying above us. They started stomping around at 4 a.m. every morning, until they finally left an hour later. On the last day, we slept later than we planned, and at 8:30 a.m., we were abruptly awakened by the knock of housekeeping on the door. Being a little disoriented, it took a moment to realize what was going on, and by then, the maid had already opened the door and was on her way in. She apologized and left, but it was a rather rude awakening. I don't know why housekeeping doesn't coordinate with the front desk to find out who's checked out and who is still in their rooms, but I would advise anyone staying here to put out the "do not disturb" sign, as well as bolt the door from the inside!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed only one night at this property. Our room was spacious, very clean, and attractive. The bed was perfect. We had to leave early so we missed the breakfast. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will stay here again when in Reno.

Room Tip: We were near the freeway but could not hear any noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Brittany G, Manager at Courtyard Reno, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for the great review! We are so thrilled that you had such a pleasant stay! We look forward to seeing you again.
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Courtyard for 2 days on a business trip. The service was great. I used my mobile app to check in and out. It makes it a lot easier. My room was up to date, clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had breakfast at the Bistro. It was hot, quick and good. The hotel is walking distance to several other places to eat. It was about an $15 cab ride to the airport.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Brittany G, Manager at Courtyard Reno, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your great review Joe! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Reno!
Draper, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very nice Courtyard - clean, updated, and as always, super comfortable. I didn't get to eat breakfast as I had to leave early, but I slept like a rock as the bed and linens were perfect as were the pillows. The room was very clean and the AC worked flawlessly - could not have asked for more. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Brittany G, Manager at Courtyard Reno, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you again soon!
Killen, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is a typical Courtyard property with a level of service that I have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. Brittney at the front desk was very friendly and helped us with all of our needs. Sometimes, a property does not live up to our expectations, but good people can make all the difference in making the stay pleasant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Brittany G, Manager at Courtyard Reno, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Reno!
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is sore need of room repair. This particular room has frayed carpet from the bathroom to the sink area. My heel got caught in the carpet and I fell.
The noise from downstairs cut through the wall when the person came in at 2am. I asked for a 4:30am wake up call - the front guy "forgot" to put that request down. Lucky for me I set my phone alarm.

When checking out - asked for an updated receipt and of course the computers were down. I remembered why I quit staying at this place. It was awful!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Brittany G, Manager at Courtyard Reno, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your response Joy. We truly apologize for the defaults in your recent stay. We are committed to providing excellent service and we have unfortunately fallen short of your expectations. I hope you can give us another opportunity to make it right on your next visit to Reno. Please email me if you do decide to stay with us so I can personally make sure your stay is up to yours and our expectations.

Brittany
bgamboa@courtyardreno.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Clean rooms in a nice area of Reno. Staff are very nice and helpful. Hotel lobby and grounds are very nice and relaxing. Rooms are clean and very quiet. Beds need to be updated. Not up to Marriott standards. Still a nice place to stay for the night away from the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Brittany G, Manager at Courtyard Reno, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for your response! We are happy to hear that our staff delivered on providing great service. We apologize for the discomfort of your bed. Following our brand standards is very important to us and we will be sure to look into that room. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Reno!

Been to Courtyard Reno? Share your experiences!