“Convenient location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 65 hotels in Reno
Cape Coral, Florida
“Convenient location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is not far from the casinos and plenty of restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are updated and comfortable. I at at the Bistro every night and the food was good. Too lazy to go out for dinner after 4 long days. The only thing negative I will say about the hotel is they need automatic opening front doors. I expect Fairfield Inns to have doors you have to pull open but a Courtyard should have automatic opening doors. Nothing like having both hands full or a luggage cart and having to navigate two sets of doors. Fun! Time for the ownership and their landlords to spend some money on automatic doors and not be so cheap.

This will not stop me from staying there again as the friendly staff and proximity to the convention overcome this issue. center ov

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Murrieta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The woman who checked me in, Haile, was one of the most friendly/professional guest services person I've ever met! She checked me in quickly, and confirmed my special requests (no feathers). She came around the desk to hang me the room key and showed me the number (rather than saying it out load); as a woman traveling by myself, I appreciated that!

I went up to the room and it smelled of smoke. I went back downstairs, and Haile immediately put me in another room, sent someone else up to check the smoky room, and ensured that I had foam pillows.

That night when I left, I dropped off at the desk a glass that was dirty -- looked like caked on orange juice. This was't a big deal for me -- I had other glasses in the room -- but I thought the hotel would want to know. When I returned a few hours later, I chose some deoderant from the mini-store; the man remembered that I'd brought the glass back, and did not charge me for the product

The next day, I asked about a taxi; the guest services professional said she'd be happy to get one for me at the time I wanted it. The taxi arrived 10 minutes early.

The room was very clean. I appreciated the small refrigerator to keep my beverages cold.

This hotel is within walking distance of a Wine Warehouse-type store, Starbucks, and a few other eateries. If I'm ever in the area again, I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I came in late and left early so I didn't have a lot of time to experience amenities. However, the service, from checking in, to a late dinner, to an extremely early check out, was solid. Folks were friendly and helpful. I was very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013
Stephen J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Reno, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us recently at the Courtyard by Marriott Reno! We are glad that you enjoyed your brief stay and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Hotel:This is your typical business courtyard. No extras, or accessories. The room was nice and spacious. No micro or mini fridge, just a relaxing place. Complimentary WIFI and easy connect. Could be a good place off the strip if everything else goes well.

Our Stay: When we checked in, I was assigned a room on the upper level vs my preferred lower level. Front desk person, didn't mention anything about my reservation profile requests. When asked about a different room, was told none available...all have been assigned. So, took the pre-assigned room on upper floor. Then the fun began, during the night, I discovered that the pillows were feather which was the thing causing me to have problems sleeping (allergies). Got rid of the pillows and finally got a few hours sleep. The next day my spouse and I noticed bites on our arms and legs from some unknown insect. Before checking out mentioned it to the new desk person and she apologized and said that they would give the room a through cleaning.
Needless to say, this Courtyard will not be on my list the next time I am in this area. The biggest disappointment is that the hotel staff did not check my requirements and attempt to fulfill them, especially the feather free pillows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for providing a review of your recent stay. After a careful review of the guest record for this stay, there were no requests noted on this reservation regarding floor preferences or pillow types. The hotel is not able to complete pre-arrival planning to meet our guest's needs if these details are not submitted on the reservation despite our best efforts to do so. In response to the bug bite concern that was communicated to the staff, a national level licensed and certified pest control company was promptly called and conducted a timely and thorough inspection of this guest room and there was absolutely no pest activity found whatsoever.
san rafael
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I love Marriots they always come through with stellar service and accommodations. This is a nice place close to all the big hotels. For sure I will be going back next visit. We had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves.

• Stayed August 2013
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel wasn’t too easy to find at night. It is not that far from the airport. The room was very clean, but there isn’t any miniature refrigerator or microwave in the room. At least, I didn't see one in my room. I didn’t really care about that though.

The housecleaning services are willing to come and service your room if you wake up late and miss out on the maid’s services. I haven’t seen that at any hotel that I can remember. They slipped a sign under my door telling me about it.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. It may be a little more expensive than some places, but it is worth the extra money. If you have children, they will like the miniature Magic Carpet golf course next door.

Hint, if you have trouble finding the hotel, just look for the Magic Carpet golf course sign. That will tell you where the hotel is at night. The hotel isn’t right on the side of the road. It is a little way back from Virginia Street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

First let me say I was glad to get a room. It was a busy Friday in Reno and I was coming off a 600 mile drive and hadn't booked. The front desk gave me good directions on how to get here - it was easy off the freeway. I paid a premium price because it was the last room they had -- king bed with in-room spa. I took a spa when I got in and it was small and comfy. Actually, I almost fell asleep. Unfortunately, at 10:45 pm, after I had fallen asleep, the room next door decided to take a spa and the noise of the running water was so loud it woke me up. After 15 minutes it was quiet again. But I was not amused! Also, the toilet runs. And you hear all the noise in the hallway, even heard the neighbor on the otherside of me get rid of a throat booger at 6 am. I was already awake, but it was just too gross. The coffee bar doesn't open until 7 am but there is coffee in the room. But no cream. That said, the room is large. The bed and linens comfy. The colors and wall hangings are relaxing. The shower big. I like the lemon sage lotion. No car or traffic noise. No smoking. No old ladies pulling handles. I might stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Reno? Share your experiences!