“excellent variety of tapas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 763 restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Spanish, Tapas, Vegetarian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fuego for Tapas & Vino is a great place to socialize with friends or be intimate with someone special. Located down town next to the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Fuego is Reno's only Tapas Style restaurant offering Spanish Tapas and their own creations with American and South-of-the-border influences. Eat light or go big while enjoying the freshest of ingredients and imported meats and cheeses from Spain. Fuego's full bar features a daily Happy Hour, the best Sangria in town, a large tequila selection for refreshing margaritas, and an extensive Spanish wine list with Ports and Sherry. Fuego is open at 4pm Mon.-Fri.until 10 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., until 11 p.m. on Fri., and open 4-11p.m. on Sat.
El Paso
“excellent variety of tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

These people know their tapas. A little expensive, but in line with other tapas places we've visited. Only problem that they serve everything at once, rather than sequentially as most tapas places do. And when I noted that to waiter and manager, they acted as if it were impossible to do it any other way. Maybe they need to visit other tapas places.

Visited May 2013

85% Recommend
“Beautiful variety, and beautiful restaurant, but the food just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We tried 6 things from the menu. They recommended we order 3 things at a time. I have lots of tapas experience, but I usually consider recommendations. They brought out all six things at once!!!!!! After a 20 minute wait!! In the years that I have had tapas, this did never happen before.
Usually they keep the food coming. Even if paired in threes, they should have brought out at least 3 cold finger food dishes that we ordered...
The ceviche over salted , no other particular flavor, the potato pancakes really bland, dry and cold, the tapenade just salty, no other flavor. Steak tasty, shrimp tasty, chorizo dry and cold and bland.
The really positive part about this restaurant was the lots of choices. Nothing was uneadible and when combined a bit of this and a bit of that, it was quite ok. The menu has good items, may be we should have ordered different things.
The atmosphere was excellent, the restaurant is beautiful.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lynnwood, Washington
“Outstanding Tapas joint on the other side of the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a nice business dinner for five at the restaurant that was recommended by one of the locals. The food was outstanding and the service was perfect. The group that was hosting us does a fair amount of business in Reno and they plan on bringing other customers there following our visit.

It's a short walk across the river from the main hotel district on Virgina, but well worth the walk.

Visited April 2013
Bishop, California
“Hit the spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

First off, the owner was very welcoming and friendly. The tables and bar were made out of planks of the same tree, with the rough edges. It was a very cool, contemporary setting. It happened to be happy hour, and with deals on tap beers, sangria, and margaritas, I was pretty stoked. Personally, I can't stand sports bars, and was pleased to not have "the game" in my face, distracting me or anyone else from socializing.

As I sipped on one of the best sangrias I've had, I browsed the menu. The first thing that caught my attention was... well, everything. The selection of foods on the menu was much greater than I expected. So much variety, I had trouble deciding what I wanted. Definitely more than I expected from tapas. Of course, this is tapas, so you're not going to get full entree sized dishes here, rather, you order a handfull of things with your party and all share and sample.

The food was great. Everything was fresh and flavorful, and all the food was unique.

Our bar tender, I think his name was Jimmy, was a great guy. Excellent service, interesting to talk with.

This is now going to be one of my regular spots whenever I visit Reno. The combination of delicious food and refreshing drinks puts Fuego at the top of my list!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“Something different for Reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It is nice to see variety coming to Reno and Fuego is a welcome change. I have been there 3 times now and find the place to be warm and friendly. Bring friends and share the tapas plates around the table. Their menu is decent but not large and they have some good spanish wines to try along with the more traditional offerings. The staff is pleasant and helpful if you've never tried tapas before. The location next to Pioneer Theater makes it a good place to catch if you're attending an event.

• Visited February 2013