“Very pleasant stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard to your Saves list
Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5851 South Virginia Street, S McCarren Blvd/Neil Road, Reno, NV 89502   |
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Los Angeles, California
“Very pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I read some bad reviews about this Super 8 and was a bit wary at first, but we decided to stay anyways because we got unbeatable weekly rate and the location was very convenient. We ended up staying for 3 weeks (instead of 1 as originally planned) in this hotel and never had problems!! The room was cozy and clean, with fridge and microwave, very good Internet connection - what a refreshing change after some bad past experiences!! We came there for business, good connection was crucial for us, and we never had one single problem. The housekeeping and front desk staff was helpful and friendly, we got housekeeping 3 times per week for small extra fee. We couldn't care less about quality of breakfast, casinos, stains on the carpet or internal lobby decor, never noticed it and this is not what makes our stay pleasant. We got convenient quiet room, centrally located hotel (you can find anything around in walking distance - restaurants, shops, tires place, car wash, Trader Joe's - you name it) for a great price.
One downside is that the AC system is centralized and you cannot control the temperature from the room, so I could see how complaints for hot/cold room can be justified. We stayed there during moderate spring season with favorable weather, and it wasn't bad at all. One night was really cold but we got a space heater from the front desk and it did the job. We will definitely stay there again when back in Reno!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The bathroom appeared to be newly renovated, the bed was fab, the room was clean....but the toilet had some small chips in the seat, and the carpet was clean but old. The furniture was literally antique! But I found it amusing...everything about the place worked, including the fact that I could walk to Whole Foods, a big mall (I needed some unexpected wardrobe help), other stores, lots of food options. Definitely not anything fancy, but perfect for what I needed - a clean, inexpensive place to sleep. One note: it has a 24/7 fan running in the room - the heat/cooling system is centralized so at another time of year that could be more challenging (I went in early May).

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Slc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've stayed here a half a dozen times and enjoyed its proximity to freeways yet distance from casinos. This time the service, ammenities, and stay was not pleasant. They recently changed internet service which was POOR. I was on the phone with Tech support three times and still was unable to maintain connection with internet longer than 15 minutes. Breakfast was poor; I know, I know, its a "free breakfast" but all the other times i stayed the variety was satisfactory - not this time. Their heating and cooling is a two pipe system which means cold/hot regardless of what you want. Hard to believe they can't save some $ and upgrade their cooling. Here is the deal, you book this hotel because it is close to the freeway, restaurants, and reasonably priced. That's the bottom line. Other than that, you can find something better.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here on a Monday night. Liked the location and price. Room was large and had been updated some, mainly the sink/faucet/vanity area. Beds were to soft from overuse I would imagine. The only thing that was a thumbs down event was one could not control the temperature in the room. There was a note displayed saying the central heat/cool was controlled by mgmt. for the entire property, not any single room. Thus is your room was to hot, come get a fan at the office or if to cool, like it was the night I was there, come get a portable heater to plug in. Not a good option as far as I'm concerned. It was cool but made due and since there wasn't any way to control the air flow there wasn't any "white noise" to void out the outside night time interuptions, the people below me had 2 Dachunds that would bark at noises. Guess I'll have to start packing my onw "white noise" machine in the future. Would I stay here again, not really. For an additional $20 could stay at the Atlantis Casino/Hotel which is very modern & comfortable w/o having to put up with the irregularities of heat/cool feature.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard

Address: 5851 South Virginia Street, S McCarren Blvd/Neil Road, Reno, NV 89502
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard Hotel Reno
Courtyard Reno
Super 8 Reno
Super Eight Reno
Courtyard Meadow Wood
Reno Super 8
Reno Super Eight
Reno Courtyard

If you own or manage Super 8 Meadow Wood Courtyard, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.