“First Class All the Way” 5 of 5 stars

Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Lake Street, Reno, NV 89501   |
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“First Class All the Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently spent a week at the Siena Hotel. I had called the hotel and arranged for the complimentary car service to pick me up. Within moments of arriving and exiting the airplane, I had a call from the driver telling me where to meet him and welcoming me to Reno. Check in was less than a 2 minute process. The room was spacious, modern and extremely clean. Bath products were top notch. I was attending a class at the National Judicial College and the staff offered to drive me and drop me off each day (I elected to walk but thought it a kind offer). The car service was also used by a classmate of mine when he and his wife went to dinner several miles away. A very nice service. The hotel is a block away from the main drag of Virginia Street but it is still very well located. It is a short walk to the Car Museum (across the street), the National Bowling Stadium and the Reno Aces ball field. The hotel is right next to the River walk. My room provided a beautiful view of the Truckee River. I gambled a little when I was there and I found all staff to be very pleasant and professional. Complimentary drinks were readily available while I was playing. The hotel also has a very nice pool and hot tub area. In the past, I have also stayed at the Eldorado and the Silver Legacy and I can say that the Siena exceeds them in every imaginable category.

Room Tip: Spend the extra dollars to get a deluxe room. The extra square footage is worth the small increase...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an excellent review on TripAdvisor. Actually, I want to thank our outstanding employees for doing such a terrific job treating our guests as they would want to be treated. All properties have their areas of strength and areas of opportunity and we are proud to offer personalized service in a boutique size property with an excellent location. Thank you for making the Siena home when visiting Reno.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We enjoyed the newly renovated room's at the Siena along with their yummy restaurants (the new Johnny Rockets and also the sushi restaurant) along with their loose slot machines.

Also unlike several of the other downtown casino's the Siena has great security so we felt safe anywhere on the property. Many of the downtown casinos we were afraid to go to and from our rental car. Not at the Siena.

The Siena has the whole package. We can't wait to go back for a week.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you very much for such a great review on TripAdvisor. It was nice to hear you enjoyed Johnny Rockets and the Sushi Saga restaurants during your stay. Winning in the casino is always fun and it's great you had some luck at the slot machines. Safety of our guest and employees is always a priority for us and I'm pleased to hear the presence of our security was noticed and appreciated as well. We look forward to seeing you again at the Siena the next time you visit Reno.
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

If we ever get back to Reno, this is where we would stay, refrigerator in room, clean and comfortable and great price. Had two resaurants on site, and the casino was open, friendly didn't notice smoking at all.

Room Tip: Walk one block up the river for dinner, it was really a nice dinner and walk
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Siena. A clean and comfortable room at a great price and a casino which doesn't have too much smoke sounds like a winning combination to me. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again at the Siena the next time you visit Reno.
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Took my mom to Reno for a quick weekend trip, and happened to be during the big car show Hot August Nights. One thing I did love about this hotel, free shuttle service to and from airport. Staff is awesome and SUPER nice. Pool is a bit small, but the bartender Steven is awesome!! Smaller and quieter casino, but I dont gamble so didn't matter. Right on the river and two blocks from anywhere. If you want a big vegas type casino - go to El Dorado.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Siena. Most guests don't realize our shuttle service from the airport is a Lincoln town car unless it's a large party so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this complimentary amenity. We're very proud of our excellent staff and we will certainly recognize Steven our bartender for going above and beyond. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back at the Siena on your next visit to Reno.
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was the third time we have stayed at the Siena for Hot August Nights. The rooms are gorgeous and clean. We had a bit of check in frustration, room not ready on time. You can't beat the location and I have only one complaint. The smoke. We had a non smoking room and still, we could smell the smoke, the casino reeked as well. Sure wish they would improve that.

Room Tip: Better view higher up.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
It's always nice to hear from our guest and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent visit. Taking advantage of our convenient location within walking distance of the other downtown resorts and the Truckee river is just another great reason to stay at the Siena. Good air circulation and the high ceilings inside the casino usually minimize the smell of smoke but we will certainly review to make sure all is working properly. We appreciate your business and hope to see you at the Siena again the next time you visit Reno.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stay at. The staff is extra friendly and surpass the customer service level you would get at any of the other hotel casinos in reno. I've stayed in all of them and would never stay anywhere else but the Siena, I have all my business visitors that come to town booked here and they all agree with me that this is the best hotel to stay at.

It's hard for a hotel to keep everyone happy and some of the negative comments I read below are very unjust, to many people pick at very small mishaps or details and as a world traveler like myself, who has stayed in several hundred hotels the Siena is doing their job right. There's always room for improvements at any establishment regardless of it's a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel but Siena has done a magnificent job with their staff in every department and the overall facility is clean and peaceful.

I've stayed here more times than I can count and have never been disappointed!!!

A special thanks to Tim Downy and all the pit supervisors on all shifts for making the table area fun, comfortable and friendly. Five stars

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Seriously, I did not write this review but I was overjoyed when I read it. From a world traveler and frequent guest to tell us how much you enjoy the Siena just made my day. We have many wonderful employees at the property and Tim Downey is certainly one of them. Thank you for such an outstanding review and I thank the Siena employees for doing such an outstanding job.
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed two nights during Hot August Nights, so expected crowds, but wait to check in was not bad.. Valet service was great., We had a deluxe King non smoking room, but nothing to compare it to in hotel since our first stay.. Bathroom was a little small, prefer sinks outside of shower area, but lived with it.
The ONLY larger complaint was the dated heating & A/C unit.. Although kept room cool, the fan on LOW was VERY noisy, so had to turn it off to sleep... Excellent black out shades.. Only view we had was the back of the Siena sign on the 3rd floor over Johnny Rockets, but we were not in room much anyway.... The casino was VERY WELL ventilated, so cool & not a lot of smoke.. Johnny Rockets was very cute..
The restaurant on the River for breakfast was EXCELLENT & great prices .. We did not use any of the other amenities because we were to busy with friends & family at the car show.
Siena is not the Ritz but comfortable & clean.. Thank you for the refrigerator & coffee in room !! Very friendly staff throughout ...

• Stayed August 2014
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review regarding your recent stay during Hot August Nights. It's always nice to hear about our friendly staff and how the property was clean and comfortable. Johnny Rockets has been a great addition to the property and the brunch on the river at the Whitewater restaurant has been well received.I've heard from numerous guest about the black out curtains in the rooms and have also personally experienced their ability to keep the room dark even in the middle of the day. We appreciate your business and hope you stay at the Siena again the next time you are in Reno.

Been to Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!