“Amazing Room & Great Music Act in Lounge” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
San Ramon, California
“Amazing Room & Great Music Act in Lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my first stay at the Siena. I ventured to try it prompted by an AmazonLocal offering and together with the deal and a small upgrade, I was able to get a corner suite which was outstanding. The property exceeded my expectations. The suite had windows on two sides, beautiful views of the mountains, and a nice useful arrangement of modern, yet cozy, furniture. The decor was a desert palate with warm reds, yellows, & orange hues, yet a bit retro chic - very cool. The suite's bathroom was spa-like with separate shower room, toilet room, large wall length vanity/counter area, and a very large whirlpool/jacuzzi tub for two. The desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Really enjoyed the musical act in the lounge too, rouding off this great weekend get-away.

Room Tip: Find a travel deal (i.e., AmazonLocal, LivingSocial), then upgrade to a suite for a well-worth it ex...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We always appreciate the feedback we get from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to write the review. All of our corner suites are very well appointed with some great features and I'm happy to hear you were able to upgrade your accomodations and also enjoy our live entertainment in the casino lounge which is available every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. Again, thanks for your excellent feedback and we hope you visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stay at this hotel a few times a year. Most recently, I stayed on the 8th floor and had a view of the Truckee river which was gorgeous. Kimberly, the manager at the front desk, was helpful, friendly and gave us some good tips on where to eat. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. The headboard was a bit creaky when I moved around during the night, but I managed. I had breakfast one morning overlooking the river...again, gorgeous.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better the view of the city/Truckee River
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to telll us about your recent visit to the Siena. All of our rooms are nice but once you upgrade to a higher floor river view that's a view unlike any other in Reno. Unlike most hotels you are able to also open the window and get some fresh air as well. The Whitewater restaurant does not only have a great view but great food with reasonable pricing so I'm pleased you were able to enjoy this amenity. I'm also happy to hear you were pleased with our Hotel Manager Kimberley and she gave you some good tips. This is an example of another benefit you have when staying in our boutique hotel where personal service is standard. Thank you again for your feedback and I'm happy to hear you make the Siena your home whenever you visit Reno.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

It is not often that I write a review. Siena Hotel, Spa and Casino is worthy of my time and comments. Their service is genuine and professional with 5-star service and accommodations. The hotel is comfortable, clean, and looks brand new inside and out. The Whitewater restaurant is a must for anyone craving for a New York Strip Steak and lobster dinner (be sure to ask for Lee as your food server - you will not find any better at any restaurant in the US). The steak was the finest I've tasted in more than 30 years of dining at high-end restaurants. The lobster was cooked to perfection - tender and tasty! Service at this hotel is beyond superior. The hotel manager (Kimberly Roberson) is always present and available and her staff are as dedicated and present as she is. Siena Hotel is quite possibly the best overall deal and experience in Reno I've had in over twenty years of visiting Reno at least once or twice each year! It's definitely not the biggest hotel in Reno by size, but it's the biggest hotel when it comes to being staffed with enthusiastic and genuinely sincerely staff dedicated to making your stay as pleasant as possible. This was my first stay with Siena, but they earned my respect with that one stay over three days. I will definitely return to Siena in 2014 for future events... I have to give a rating of 5-Excellent (see below) for Service, Value, Sleep Quality, Cleanliness, Location, and Rooms - because it is the truth. However, the views from my room and from Whitewater alone are worth the stay - right on the river! We did not have room service or attend any spa treatments - so no grade there. What I did see while staying there were two very happy ladies who were thrilled to go back to the spa... so that's on my list of things to do the next time I visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river. It's tranquil and full of wildlife (ducks, pheasants, fish, etc.).
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Siena. We are very proud of staff and I'm happy you were able to interact with Lee, Kimberley, and others who provided the personable service you enjoyed. The upgrade to the river view is certainly worth the price and I'm pleased to hear you were able to enjoy.Again, thanks for your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

For the cost, I frankly didn't expect a big end hotel; however, the staff (front desk, restaurant, and others) were most friendly, helpful, and warm.
We requested the 9th floor based on a review that on the lower floors, a guest heard the fans outside. We had no issues with that, great views, and nice room, fridge, etc.
We ate downstairs at the All You Can Eat Sushi restaurant and, again, were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was, the freshness, the wild caught salmon, and the friendly sushi chefs at the bar.
We went on business and will defn return.

Room Tip: request higher floors
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We truly appreciate all the guest feedback that we receive so thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Siena. It is great to hear you were able to dine in Sushi Saga during your stay. We are very proud of our exceptional staff and the fresh food quality we serve. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and we look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Where do I begin? Let's start with check-in. The lady that checked us in did not make eye contact and could not have cared less about making us feel welcome. She had every opportunity to really make an impression on us as I clearly made notes on our reservation as to the weekends importance to us (we were celebrating 3 separate anniversaries & my birthday). Upon arriving at the room, I was so let down. The website says that all rooms have robes & I even called to make sure and was told that "I'm pretty sure there are robes in all the rooms" but there weren't any in the room. The bathroom tile grout was dirty, there were dead bugs in the light fixtures and the tub water tap was mislabeled (hot/cold on opposite side). The room was too crowded with furniture, there was a piece of art 3/4 concealed by the TV, the drapes were poorly hung with some of the hooks not even attached to the rod, the one windows closing mechanism was broken and the window would not close, the wall paper was torn at the seam near the air conditioner and the baseboard was loose from the wall with a pile of sawdust between it and the air conditioner. The bed and bedding were nice. We tried The Whitewater Cafe for breakfast. I ordered yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. The fruit was moldy, our waitress Lilanna was awesome, apologized and took it off our check. My husband ordered an omelet; it was made with eggs from a bag....yuck. I worked out in the fitness room prior to our massages at the spa. Nice fitness facility. The spa however left so much to be desired. Nicole was great and made us feel welcome however, the ladies locker room was filthy. There was hair in all the shower drains, used/broken soap on the floors and no place to put a persons shampoo, soap or face cloth in the showers. Also no tissues (Kleenex) in the locker rooms or even napkins for the fresh fruits provided in the 'serenity' room. When I told and showed Nicole the showers, she said she would address it with the evening cleaning staff which led me to believe that the spa locker rooms do not get cleaned during the day when people are using them...gross. Also, the spa robes are a joke, the shoulder pads in them are a burnt mess from being dried on heat too hot for them.
So many details have been overlooked in this place that it was simply not a pleasant stay. This place puts a lot of advertising emphasis on being 'on the river' & in downtown. The river view is mediocre at best and there are plenty of other places to stay in the downtown area that are just as good for walking everywhere.

Room Tip: Simple! Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Siena. It is very dissappointing to hear your stay on such a special occasion did not meet your expectations and certainly not our standards.I would like to personally discuss your stay with us so if you could please email me at Tripadvisormgr@sienareno.com I will contact you back immediately.
SF, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Very helpful and polite reception staff. Mediocre house keeping. We were given a room on the 4th floor. Odd thing is that the 4th floor has a mix of party rooms, conference rooms and guest rooms. So I suggest not taking a room on this floor unless u are attending a conference on the 4th floor. Besides that wifi signal on the 4th floor was very weak and I had to sit in the lobby to use the internet.

We got a great deal on the room so overall I am happy with my experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We always appreciate the feedback we get from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have our spa, pool, fitness center, and outdoor hot tub on the 4th floor overlooking the river so it can get busy although you are not required to go through the guest corridor to enter these amenities. Also, thanks for letting us know about the wi-fi signal as we can't fix anything we're not aware of so we'll certainly address this with our IT department.. We appreciate your business and thanks for making the Siena home during your recent stay in Reno.
Wherever I happen to be...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This review is only for the Whitewater Restaurant inside the Siena Hotel Spa Casino.

We like to eat breakfast at the Whitewater Restaurant because there is a great view of the river. The food is very good and reasonably priced. The service is more professional and less casual than I am used to at breakfast time. Prior to a recent renovation, you had to walk through the smoky casino to get to the restaurant. They've moved the restaurant so that you can walk straight in (from the east entrance) without smelling a single cigarette! All casinos need to follow Siena's example.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bobby Ray H, Director of Guest Services at Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to the Whitewater Restaurant. The ability for our guests to valet or self park, check into their room or go to the Spa, enjoy our 24 hour Coffee Bean and Bakery grab and go outlet, go to the Rounda Lounge featuring both indoor and outdoor drinks and appitizers, plus the ability to enjoy the Whitewater Restaurant all within just steps from the front door is just one more reason the Siena is becoming both a locals and tourist favorite. Thank you again for your excellent feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Siena in the near future.

Been to Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!