“Best hotel in downtown Reno” 4 of 5 stars

Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Lake Street, Reno, NV 89501   |
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best hotel in downtown Reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I travel to Reno for work about once a year. A co-worker suggested this hotel last year. I had a positive experience, and decided to stay again this year. The beds are very comfortable, upper 10% for hotels in general, with high quality mattress, sheets and comforter. The location is right on the river, easy walking distance to anything downtown. The staff was helpful and friendly. The gym is resonably nice, as is the rooftop pool. I used the spa for a massage while I was there. They did a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend it. There is a significant discount on spa services for hotel guests, which is not listed on the standard pricing lists that the hotel passes out. Unfortunately, the spa is closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It also fills up fast. When I made my appointment Sunday afternoon, they were almost booked up for Thursday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
San Anselmo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Reno's newest spa and hotel did not disappoint on our recent visit. From free valet parking, to the 24hr snack shop and roof top pool, to clean and spacious rooms and easy walking distance to all the action, this boutique location is the best choice in town.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is the second trip that my husband and I have stayed at Siena both times during "Street Vibrations". Last year we stayed here for our wedding weekend. Ms. Carol at the front desk was very helpful with every question we had getting things taken care of for our wedding. Wonderful stay.

This year returning again for Street Vibrations and our 1 year anniversary started off a little shaky. The first night an air-conditioning unit was making a loud noise outside our window even with the window closed could hear all night long did not get much sleep. The next morning already tired and looking over our billing for our stay we had questions. We where being charged for and extra night that we had not booked and my husbands card was showing 2 charges for the deposit. When we went to the front desk to question the charges we spoke with Ms. Kimberly the General Manager. Long story short Siena had only charged one time deposit not two and for the sleepless night and the frustration over the extra booked night Ms. Kimberly did take off the extra night, discounted our stay and put us up in one of their WONDERFUL suites. Having a blended family of four kids now this is something that my hubby and I would not be able to do.

Thank you Ms. Kimberly for making our first anniversary very memorable. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. I also want to thank our wonderful bartender in the lounge I feel so bad that I cannot remember his name, want to say it is Mark. He looks like the actor Christian Bale which also makes for a more pleasant Happy Hour. He is so awesome he even remembered us from the year before!

Thanks again Ms. Kimberly for your patience explaining that we where not charged and extra deposit and giving us a wonderful anniversary gift by putting us in one of your BEAUTIFUL SUITES!!!

Hoping to see you all again next year!

Tamara

Room Tip: If you can swing it you must try the suites, if not request the 8th floor the rooms have wonderful v...
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Siena was a nice hotel/Casino in decent location, alongside the Truckee River that my wife and I stayed in for 2 nights. The valet is good, and free which was a big plus. The reception were so-so. Not overly helpful yet not offensive. The room was nice and large however the pillows stunk like cigarette smoke. The room was also noisy from the doors slamming in nearby rooms, so loud that it made the room vibrate. I wouldn't say that the hotel is run down as much as the whole town is run down. The casino is very small, however well catered.

I probably wouldn't visit Reno again however this property would be considered again should I need to return.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the river if you can.
Canoga Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed two (2) nights based on a reviews also very reasonable price. friendly staff and good sushi bar. I really enjoyed this place and I'm coming back bring some friend with me.
I was surprise how well organize the staff and very helpful. Except I arrived without no towels in the room and toilet flush not working good you need to hold at least 5 second to flush the water down. But I received my towel right away. I don't complained about the toilet flush as long it flush to the drainage and not cause me flooded.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
southwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We Arrived To Find Our Room Needing Clean Sheets. The Maid Returned To Correct This, But Other Problems Soon Emerged. There Aren't Enough Towels (Only 2) For Our Room. Very Noisy Due To Noise From The Adjoining Room And The Street And This Is On A High Floor. Stained Carpet...This Hotel Is Tired. Cost This Weekend Night Over $170, And Not Even Close To Worth It. Very Disappointed And We Won't Be Back.

• Stayed September 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed in Reno for 2 nights as a stopover to break up our train trip on the California Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco.

We didn't get off to the best start as we arrived 9 am which obviously we knew was far too early for check inn. But we explained we had just come off a train, been travelling 2 days, had barely slept and hadn't showered. So all we wanted was to get into a room and sleep an shower. Long story short, they didn't bother prioritising cleaning our room as they didn't want 'upset' the cleaners and the order they cleaned, and we didn't get into our room until 2.45 pm. Shocking really, they could see how tired we were, check out was 12, we should've got a room earlier.

Anyway, the room was lovely, modern, spacious, tasteful. And particularly good value for the price we paid. The bathroom could've done with an update. I have a thing about shower curtains! They should be long gone.

The location was good. You could walk to the Strip, although why you would want to, I don't know. Or to the river area which is much nicer with cooler selection of restaurants and bars.

We had lunch in the hotel which was really nice, and good wine too. Not too expensive either. Breakfast was reasonably good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!