“great hotel and spa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Sacramento, California
“great hotel and spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

First time going here I was pretty impressed with friendly staff and clean casino .the room was nice but floors need to be cleaned that's why I'm giving four stars the spa was nice friendly staff very professional I recommend this place if u just wanna relax with your wife or girlfriend deffintly not crazy or load like other casinos in reno.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Quaint little place on the river walk. It is a Holiday Inn that has been redone. The rooms aren't large, but cute, clean and comfortable.
The staff was friendly, right down to the housekeepers. Everyone was always happy to chat and always, always had a smile.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed a few times and have been impressed with every visit. The staff is very nice and accommodating as well as friendly. The Casino is much less smoky than the bigger casinos and more fun to play at the tables. We have always enjoyed our stays and will continue to make this our hotel of choice when going to Reno. The rooms are comfortable, clean and nothing beats the river view. The pool and hot tub are nice amenities as well in the summer and winter. We have stayed with our children and without and was within walking distance to anything for them as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View .... you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel was clean, very nice and inexpensive....the staff was very nice and I even got a greeting from the Hotel Manager....very nice lady. We got to be at the grand opening for the night club and it was very nice to get a pretty red rose for every lady.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brentwood,Ca 94513
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were compt a 2 night stay at this Hotel .. We were there on a Friday and Saturday Night in June of this year(2013). Every one was so friendly at check in.. I asked for a room with a River View on a high floor and that is exactly what we got...The view was so nice and if you opened the window at night you could hear the water flowing, it was so peaceful. Our room was beautiful and spacious...All of the people who work there were very nice.. We will most definitely be back again and again. We also love the couple who sing and play different instruments....wow can she blow that horn..For anyone who says a negative thing about this hotel/casino they need to try again...maybe it was an off day it does happen now and then to everyone...

Room Tip: When booking a room be sure to ask for a high floor and a river view they are much quieter and nicer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked at the Siena Hotel for two separate one night stays; one at the beginning, the other at the end of our Reno trip. We were in town for the Boys Jr. National volleyball tournament being held at the Reno Sparks convention center. Since the Atlantis is connected by walkway it was more convenient to stay there for the majority of our days in Reno and we're sure glad we did after visiting the Siena. In fact, we cancelled our last night at the Sienna opting to stay on at the Atlantis for the final night. The Sienna looked great on trip advisor, not so great in person. We had high hopes as we were picked up at the airport...we had arrived late but our car was there waiting and the attendant was polite and friendly, getting us to the Sienna quickly. However, once we arrived we were met at the desk by an unwelcoming staff member. The lobby was dark and extremely smoke filled from the casino. We were given our room assignment and once upstairs we found a very worn and tired looking room, much smaller than I'd have thought. We asked for a non-smoking room or floor but it clearly was a smoking room. The carpeting was disgusting with stains and dirt...the bathroom and room furnishings all a bit beat up as well. We had a King bed with only two small pillows and when we called the front desk the assured us they'd have someone from housekeeping bring a couple of extras up. When we had to call back a half hour later we offered to come get them but were told that housekeeping was closed up for the night. No pillows, no extra blankets. We've stayed in Hilton Garden Inns and Courtyards that have these items in plastic zipped bags within the room and we're staying at what should be an upgraded hotel and you can't find the same amenities! We also called for a wake-up call and if we hadn't set a travel alarm as a back-up we'd have slept through the first matches of the day over at the tournament as the call from the hotel desk never came through.
Overall, I'd say the best thing about the hotel was the ride from the airport! By comparison, our stay at the Atlantis was top-notch. Don't waste your time at the Siena, just not worth it.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for and receive a non-smoking room if you don't want to smell the smoke from t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked this place on a third party discount booking site (not sure I can name it but starts with H) and I got a pretty good rate. But keep in mind this is Reno and most of the hotels give good rates because they want you to gamble. When I got to the hotel after 4 pm, they told me my room wasn't ready. I waited over an hour and tried again - now they were having problems FINDING my room. When they did find it, they stuck me on the 2nd floor- the windows were level with a roof that had some huge domed compressor type thing on it so yes I had the hum of electronics CONSTANTLY. I asked for a different room and they said they were fully booked and couldn't do it. Really? the first time i tried to check in they had me on the 8th floor but after "consulting" with the manager they stick me in this room? The bathroom is so small that when you open the door it barely clears the toilet and hits the bathtub. I already paid for this room so I wasn't going to just leave so I stayed. I will say that it does appear clean. I can also say that maybe due to the hum of this compressor outside the window all night long I also could not hear the very loud club that was on this floor. I would guess this has to be the worst room in the entire hotel.

I was tired and hungry and despite my upset with this room I was too tired to try to find somewhere else to go for dinner (I didn't care to give this place any more of my money). I went to their fine dining restaurant Da Vinci and I have to say it was a very pleasant experience. I will review that separately because it doesn't deserve to get lumped in with this crappy room. It seems you get what you pay for. I may not use those third party booking sites any more. Glad I am here only one night. (yes I booked a different place for the rest of my stay).

Room Tip: Do NOT let them put you in room 204.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!