“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Reno
Missouri
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while on business for a couple days. Our room was nice and clean with a view of the river and skate park. It was an entertaining view. It came with a small fridge. We were quite happy here. The casino was typical...good way to waste money...got a couple free drinks and lost a little cash. However, we enjoyed ourselves.
We ate elsewhere so I cannot vouch for the food. I declined room service as we are late sleepers. I did not use spa. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. I felt safe there. I really liked their shampoo/ conditioner.
My only in convince was it seemed the lights in the bathroom were dim . They had makeup mirrors that helped . The water gets scalding hot so use carefully :-)

Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Balboa Island, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Attention to the details in our room fell well below our expectations, front desk adequate and pleasant - not stellar, restaurants were above average, didn't gamble here, so no opinion. Room: no duvet cover, just bare comforters, bedskirts were about 5" too long so dragging on floor, dirty/stained carpets, bath counter still had leftover spillage from previous guests -- there was even toothpaste splatters on the mirror and frame. Needless to say, glad I travel with 'Lysol to go" - so, I cleaned the bathroom myself. Headboards had grimy, greasy prints - and who knows what else on them - doors needed wiping down, etc. Hotel rooms should be/appear sanitary when guests first open the door!! It's so easy and quick to have cleaning those small details be part of the cleaning routine, so visitors aren't uncomfortable, -- and there is no excuse not to! Beds were changed and nicely made for our second day, but carpets definitely not vacuumed, again, and bathroom not cleaned. Our reservations were for a party of 3, but they only left towels for two guests -- acceptable mistake --- ONCE! After asking for another set for the first day, I thought the second day would surely have enough for each of us -- but no, had to ask again (small matter but example of disinterested housekeeping staff). In general, room condition was below our expectations in cleanliness and upkeep condition. We did have a great river view - which we appreciated and enjoyed!
Be warned though, the front dest will not accommodate your need to print out any boarding passes for you when you are away for the day, never run into that before. They "don't do that". Then when you arrive to do it 'yourself' they are willing - but not particularly happy to assist you.
The food was quite good -- specially their 'fine dining' restaurant and the service was very good there. We would recommend that for a nice dinner with a good river view. B-fast was average, no complaints. The pool area is very nice and the spa appeared to be above average with a very pleasant staff.
The hotel itself was in a pretty good location and easy walking to most everything. Outside of the room condition, it would be a satisfactory choice and a good value - just bring your Lysol :)

Room Tip: River view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Once again we stayed at the Siena love the room looking out over the river Love to play. Tim the pit boss looks out for you. I have so much fun there can't wait to go back stayed every where else but it's my favorite

• Stayed May 2013
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My son travelled to this hotel from Canada. Along the way a situation occured that I had to urgently find him. I called the hotel in Reno and received outstanding above and beyond customer service. The front desk (unfortunately I was in such a panic I never noted her name) immediately put an "alert" to his account when he checked in with my message for him. Then an extra step was taken by this wonderful employee. Without my asking she said she would call my son's cell phone for me as I had mentioned I was unable to get a call through to him. THAT is what I call customer service. I have never been to Reno but you can bet when I get there, this will be the hotel of choice for me. Awesome customer eperience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Siena Hotel Spa and Casino is a wonderful place to stay while in Reno. The Hotel is clean and spacious. Kimberly, the Hotel Manager provides excellent customer service. The Spa is beautiful!! My daughters and I had some of the best sushi ever! I highly recommend this "Jewel" of a Hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Unbelievable is my overall opinion. Harrah's is old time. This place is new as far as I am concerned. And it's uncongested. Food is excellent. The location and tranquility is a big plus. For those looking to relax, this hotel-casino provides you a home atmosphere and won't cost you a fortune. If you happen to be physically challenged, they provide you with showers that fit your needs. The staff is world class in every which way possible and imaginable.
I know. I've seen it all and been there and I am not writing this to drum up their business. Thanks and take care.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Winnemucca, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have visited Siena Hotel before and always have had wonderful experiences. It is located on the Truckee River, so the views from the rooms and restaurants on that side of the building are always breathtaking. We have always considered Siena a romantic get-a-way on special occaisions, but this trip, Siena outdid themselves. When I made our reservation, I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday. The reservationist sent me over to the Special Events department (we have a player's card) and the wonderful woman there made the reservation for me and promised that my husband would have a great birthday. Siena surprised us by comping us a Jacuzzi Suite and when we went to DaVinci's ( their beautifully appointed dinner restaurant) for his birthday dinner ( which was excellent), the waiters and hostess made a huge fuss over him. He was very happy. We spent our day walking hand in hand on the River Walk, enjoying the river and the sights. We visted the Blues Festival (many shows and events are all within walking distance) and enjoyed the hospitality and care that the staff of Siena provided. It was an idealic experience!

Room Tip: Always ask for a River View.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Siena Hotel, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!