“A Refreshing Change from the Bigger Casino Hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Siena Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Lake Street, Reno, NV 89501   |
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Reno
Meridian, Idaho
“A Refreshing Change from the Bigger Casino Hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you're looking something other than the bigger casino hotels, then this is the place for you. Smaller casino, but love the boutique style hotel. Check in was a breeze and the room was found to be clean, fresh and modern. Nice view of the river.
Spent a couple of hours in the spa for a mani/pedi. Very nice.
Restaurant was the only downfall. Ate breakfast one time and decided not to return. And breakfast is a fairly simple meal to provide in a restaurant, you would think. Food not tasty at all and could've been a lot hotter. Service was good.
The sports bar tended to draw the homeless population over to watch the Super Bowl, but they didn't cause any trouble other than sleeping on the sofas.
Everyone who works at the Siena provided excellent service with a smile. You can tell these employees love their job and their customers. We will return.

Room Tip: If you prefer a view, reserve the river side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice decor well appointed friendly helpful staff good restaurants
Ridiculously small rooms only one chair
River walk is a joke. Yes to river no real walk no shops restaurants
Very small casino
Ok place but will choose Peppermill or Grand Sierra next trip to Reno,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Windsor, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked a suite and it was very comfortable; a large living area with sofa, coffee table, easy chair, and foot rest, big TV, refrigerator, and a powder room. Separate bedroom with full bath, king sized bed. I liked the bed; very comfortable for me. Bath robes were a nice touch and large enough for me, which is not always the case. I got consistently good customer service - at check-in, she apologized for the wait, the room wasn't quite ready, invited me to sit down in the lobby. (Note: I had arrived many hours before check-in, so this was not unreasonable.) Cleaning was completed within 10 minutes and again, she apologized for the delay and thanked me for waiting. Customer service #2: I'm vegetarian and didn't see what I wanted on the menu. So I asked for what I wanted (stir fried veggies with tofu) and they made a delicious dish for me. Customer service #3: when I checked in, I asked about late check-out the next day. I wanted to stay until 5pm. I was informed I was welcome to stay until 6 by paying 1/2 day rate. That evening, they sent a flyer to each room offering a discounted rate for Sunday night of only $50/night. I asked if I could have the half-day rate at $25 and they agreed. Voila, only $25 bucks to relax in the room all day. Customer service #4: Love the towncar ride from and back to the airport. Very friendly and polite drivers both times. I didn't gamble so can't comment on the casino. I liked the location on the Truckee River and enjoyed a couple of walks along the riverfront.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hood River, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband after viewing their web site. He came home today and told me that he was very disappointed with his accommodations. We always like to stay in fine hotels and resorts. He vented to me his entire one hour drive home from the airport. This is what he said: The photos on the Siena web site are an illusion. The casino is very small and had just one person at the craps table, no action there what so ever. The rooms are very small, just enough room for the bed. Very poor water pressure, loud heater. All of the resturants are tiny and the cafe where he ate ran local discount coupons to the public drawing a crowd that didn't warrant the right clientele for a top notch resort. He did say they make a great club sandwich but will not return.
He also mentioned that 75% of the Main Street structures are vacant and he felt like he was in a ghost town. I usually travel with him but this is one time I can honesty say that I was glad that I had jury duty and could not join him at this bad experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dave K, Director of Operations at Siena Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Carol,
I am sorry to hear of your husband's disappointment with the Siena. Our casino is intimate and many of our guest's appreciate the ease with which they can maneuver through it. We offer a complete array of table games and as Reno is a very seasonal area there are times when our table games are a bit slow. In addition to our standard rooms we do have a large selection of well appointed deluxe rooms and suites available with terrific views of the Truckee river. As with so many cities, Reno has experienced some business vacancy in it's downtown corridor, however the River Walk area is still a wonderful place for a stroll with plenty of warm and friendly businesses along the way. Perhaps the next time your husband has business here in Reno you'll have time to enjoy all the charm that the area has to offer.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at a casino hotel to get a real Reno experience when we stopped here on our road trip, but we really didn't like the Siena.

The basic finishing of all the decor was a bit off - the wall and floor surfaces all seemed a bit shoddy. Every fixture in our room was slightly wobbly - the lamps, faucet, desk. How do you screw that up? We were given a second-floor room with a view of the back of their signage. Maybe this was the only room available (I doubt it), but you're supposed to warn people if you have to give them a room with such a big fault!

Let's see, what else... The room was tiny, the bed linens lousy, and we were woken up by a loud drilling-type noise at 1AM, which the front desk could not explain. Fail.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave K, Director of Operations at Siena Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I am always disheartened when I hear from one of our guests that did not have a first rate experience at the Siena. You are certianly correct that our Front Desk agent should have explained that your room was on a lower floor with a restricted view. The agent should have also taken the time to explain the different options available to upgrade. We have many beautiful rooms and suites with great views of the Truckee river which would have been more appropiate. Our decor is very modern and eclectic with one of a kind designer pieces throughout the property. Like most aspects of design, beauty truly does lie in the "eye of the beholder". Should you choose to join us again in the future I am confident you will enjoy all that the Siena has to offer. I appreciate the time you have taken to communicate your experience and I have shared your review with our team.
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in 9/12 and have been back for two days a month since--Very nice-Quiet-adequate and well done Casino--Food and service is excellent --rooms very comfortable--and the pool/hot tub--haven't tried the spa yet--but hope too on a future stay--As a local from Carson Valley--have been to other great casinos in Reno/Tahoe---This one is right up with the best of them--I highly recommend giving it a try--The Da Vinci and River View are highly recommended dinning experiences also-AND in addition--the personnel couldn't be more accommodating,efficient, accommodating and just plain nice--from the maids to the managers and all in between that I had contact with--and the evening entertainment (a guitar & keyboard duet@the time) was very good. I better quit for now --Try this place, I'm sure you will be satisfied.

Dan,Minden, NV.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North Side have the best view of the river and parts of reno...and the hotel is next to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
grass valley, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were invited to Siena's New Year's Eve party...We had a blast! The food was amazing the music by 2 Girls Dj's was a lot of fun. The place was decked out to the max! Hoping to be invited next year too! Thank you Bob from VIP for the invite! By the way....we always win when we play here. This is our destination Hotel now...have been many many times! We love it! The food is great at the River Cafe too! Clean, friendly and very comfortable Boutique Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Room 630 & 730 have a great river view! You can also see the ice skating rink from there. We wer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends