“It's good to know your neighbors...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Craft Wine & Beer

Craft Wine & Beer
22 Martin Street, Reno, NV (Formerly The Craft)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 763 restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Olympia, Washington
“It's good to know your neighbors...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is so cool! I have never been in a place like this (keep in mind I was not raised in a closet) where you can just walk around and choose wine out of wooden crates labeled which country the wines are from, prices without asking, or go into a walk in cooler (huge) and choose what you would like (even if only a bottle of mineral water from Paris) and then have the barkeep crack it open for you and keep your tab.
They seem to know their product, from what I heard while listening as they informed other customers, and there is plenty of that to (product/choices), about what to serve/have with what, if you are looking to purchase and run on home. Great idea for people like me who do not like to be fussed over by waiters, etc. although they were there for me.
I recently (2012) visited my father that lives around the corner and he is 83 without wi-fi; I know you feel my pain. It was a great excuse to go around the corner for a beer, eh? My father commented that he wanted to see this place that is in his up and coming neighborhood.
Definitely a kickin-it environment. They even walked over a gift certificate for my dad’s Birthday because I couldn’t take him myself, living out of town in Washington. I know he is going to enjoy himself there. Do I have ties to this place? Nope, just enjoyed myself and the neighborhood friendliness that is not commonly found in the community from a vendor. Thanks guys for hooking me up with Daddio, he’ll be bragging at the Eagles (I can’t do anything about that)!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
Reno, Nevada
“Great Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Craft is a wonderful little neighborhood bar and retail wine and beer shop. It's a great place to meet friends and enjoy a glass or bottle of wine, or perhaps a cold brew. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but everyone says the beer selection is fantastic––from the looks of their cold case, it seems to be. I love their selection of wine, particular those from France and Italy. They have a number of wines imported by Kermit Lynch, one of my favorite Bay Area wine purveyors. The prices are quite reasonable.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
China
“Fantastic Random Beer and Wine Bottle Shop and Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I went to visit The Craft with a friend who is local to Reno, and I was really happy to have been introduced to this beer and wine bottle shop. It has a very nice selection of different import beers and wines. There is a very large walk-in refrigerator with a mind-blowing selection of impprted beers. I tried a bottle of imported Italian beer, which probably has very limited distribution representation in the United States. It was amazing, tasted a bit like sparkling wine/carbonated with a very light beer flavor. We tried a few bottles of imported French wine, one very earthy bottle (not really my speed) and another with a very clean finish (my speed). Both bottles were great to try out and we had a fantastic time sitting at the bar and chatting.

The Craft apparently also sells wild Alaskan sock eye salmon, and they were making brisk business with the salmon sales as well. I think the shop has only been in business for the last two months or so but it looks like they are off to a great start!

The staff and owner have most likely tried everything they have in the shop, so they can give great recommendations about what a beer or wine will taste like before you try it.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Been to Craft Wine & Beer? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Craft Wine & Beer, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.