“Not worth it!'!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
4 attraction reviews
“Not worth it!'!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Upon walking to the ticket office from grand Sierra resort, we came across a young man who didn't want my $100. Because he didn't want to give me change. Our bill for 12 tickets was $65. 5.50 for 10 or more, or 6.50 per person if individually purchased. My daughter then proceeded to pay with her debit card because she and her sisters really wanted to do this. This was there 1st time ever riding these and they ranged in ages 12-22. The other young men who worked there were very young and not at all friendly. I was already disappointed at the fact the 1st guy didnt want to take my cash, then the workers all acted like the 1st one, like it was a chore that they had patrons! We were at the resort for 3 days and saw very little action at the go-karts.... Now I know why..... I'm glad my daughters were able to do this but I will not recommend this to anyone unless these young men get some lessons on how to treat people.... by the way the girls did 6 laps before being pulled in to finish.... Not worth it!!!! The bungee rides at $25. Per person, ridiculous!!! I saw 2 people do this, in the 3 days we were there...

Los Angeles, California
“Never go to this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Don't go to this place! Why? Because the ticket man is really a tough guy. He is old and khaki. He speaks unpolitely and behave disgusting and threw the ticket and money to me! Then, the cars are really crappy! They do not work well and stop working in the middle of race. This happened to me and some other folks. I think they do not consider any standard in their park.

Visited December 2011
“Very basic, not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011 via mobile

We took our kids to play miniature golf. (a family favorite, kids are 2 and 4) first of all the staff was not very friendly at all. The website listed one price but the price had gone up and they were unwilling to honor the website price, also the wanted to charge for our 2 year old who can barely hold a club. But worst of all as we were golfing a staff member came with a blower and actually blew the leaves off our hole and our balls too.
The golf course lacks imagination for the most part you get a strip of putting green with a rock placed in the center.
We had planned on driving the go carts but decided to pass based on our golfing experience.

Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
“It really is the ultimate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We found The Ultimate Rush ride while driving around Reno. It is located on the perimeter of the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino's parking lot. Essentially what they do is strap you (and up to 2 other insane people) in a harness and hoist you up via cable so that you are dangling 180 feet in the air. At the top, "ground control" advises you to pull the rip cord when you're ready. What happens next is that you immediately plummet straight down until right before you hit bottom, you are swung out and over the parking lot/landing area. From there you swing back and forth until, mercifully, you are brought back down. My kids said this ride beat anything they have ever done anywhere, including the rides at Stratosphere in Las Vegas.

There is another ride at the same place called "The Sling Shot" where you are strapped in a steel cage and sent up via 4 bungee cords so that you experience 4 G's. We didn't ride this one, as not enough people showed up to operate both rides(!) And everyone wanted to ride The Ultimate Rush.

Highly recommend the Ultimate Rush . . . .