“Winter tri” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Dorado Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reno
El Dorado Motel
1607 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502   |
Ranked #17 of 65 hotels in Reno
Davis, CA
“Winter tri”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I used a groupon and stayed one night. Groupon included room, 2 show tickets and 2 breakfast buffets. It was a great deal. Rooms are clean. Water is hot. Wifi in the rooms is not free. That is annoying these days. Breakfast buffet was included and good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kirksville, Missouri USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The EL DORADO HOTEL and Casino in Reno, Nevada is one of the most beautiful budget hotels I have ever stayed in. The Lobby alone is a true eye candy. My room was super clean with a beautiful view of Reno. The Buffet was super delicious and the Staff very friendly and eager to help in any way. I had free, strong WIFI included in the price of the room. A real beautiful place to stay. Very luxurious accommodations on a budget. I highly recommend this very beautiful HOTEL.

Room Tip: Always ask for higher floor rooms, with a city view......
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed one night in Reno on our way to California. The El Dorado was big, and we had never stayed there before. Sure was the right choice. Beautiful room, clean with good climate control and big bathroom. GREAT rate since it was a Sunday night! My son got Wi-Fi for his laptop (games) although there is free internet on the TV to check email etc. The casino was fun. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Sunday through Thurs is usually when you get the best rates. Ours for 3 people was less than we paid...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The rooms were very clean with all the amenities you'd expect at a much more expensive hotel, with highest quality mattresses. I enjoyed my stay there and will return as soon as i possibly can. They are so close to so many great sights and attractions, restaurants and shops, and the staff was friendly in a not-fake way. Gonna do it again. ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as you can get to get away from noise, but even so a bottom floor room will b...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mariposa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our room was $200.00 and we had to get a smoking allowed because the hotel was booked. Our room smelled horrible...cigarettes! Anyway, the housekeeping were responsive to our requests for a razor and toothbrush. The pool is ok...nothing compared to the Peppermill...the buffet was Sunday Brunch...The food was ample,,,,lots of choices...but a little high priced...5 adults....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed on Thursday. Made reservation few days before with very helpful operator. Room & Jersey Nights show -- $99! Front desk was super nice & upgraded us because it was my birthday. Room was clean, remodeled, spa in living area, beautiful. Theater is small so every seat is good and show was really, really good. Would go back to see it again. Only complaint I would have was room was a little noisy in morning because of the location in building but not a big deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked two nights through hotels.com. Every single problem was blamed on that. I requested a nonsmoking king room and was placed in a smoking one! When I protested, I was told that hotels.com only allows a request and they can put you in what they have available. Really - it's ok to put a nonsmoker in a smoking room? Apparently that's ok at the El Dorado.

I was charged $9/day in additional fees and charges. This wasn't on my hotels.com confirmation and I wasn't alerted to that when I checked in. When I checked out, I was told that hotels.com indicates that additional fees can be charged by the hotel. Well it wasn't on my confirmation, but because I gave my card at check-in for incidentals they charged me.

Perhaps the girl passing out in the hallway on my floor Saturday night was somehow because of hotels.com also?

I'll also note that there were lines to check in and out - slow.

In fairness, the room was comfortable (once they put me in a smaller nonsmoking queen) and it was fairly cheap. It wasn't visibly dirty although I didn't want to take my flip-flops off in the room. Little things are missing - no q-tips, no full-length mirror, but there is a coffee maker, which I appreciated.

Parking in the garage is free with validation. However, I will note (and wish I'd been told) that valet parking is also free.

I took this place because it was cheap, I needed to get to Lake Tahoe the next day and the reviews here were pretty good. I would not stay again, though and wouldn't recommend it, particularly after all the charges on check-out - it wasn't as cheap after all.

Room Tip: Absolutely insist on another room if the one they give you one much different than what you original...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to El Dorado Motel? Share your experiences!