“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Reno
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms. Close to airport and freeway and not too far from downtown and casinos. Staff was also friendly. But Breakfast could be better. Overall good stay for your dollar and if you want to be away from the busy casinos. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lowell, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Just a stopover for us on the way through town but the best we have ever found! Convenient, clean, great staff! Nice rooms! Will definitely repeat! Food is available in the hotel as well as a fully stocked bar!

• Stayed August 2013
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Right next to the airport, so super convenient for an early flight. But no reason to stay here otherwise. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Front desk directed us to the Stone House Café for dinner--a short drive and a great meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Truckee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Place before an early morning flight & I was truly impressed. The hotel itself feels fresh & new (despite being a few years old) & the furnishings are modern & chic-- something you just DON'T find in Reno.
The convenience to the airport cannot be beat-- it takes, literally, 5 minutes via shuttle to get there. I did the park & stay package & it was considerably less expensive to leave my car at Hyatt Place versus paying $14/day at the Reno AIrport. There was the slight inconvenience of having to call the shuttle & wait 10-15 minutes for pick-up once we returned, but the $$ savings made it worth it.
My room was very spacious-- with a living area & bedroom separated by a shoji screen. Everything was super clean, the linens were nice/of good quality as were the toiletries. There's a large flat screen TV in the room & mine looked onto the airport, which was fun.
I wondered how the noise would be considering Hyatt Place is tucked between the highway & airport but I heard nothing -- & I'm a light sleeper.
Perhaps most impressive of all was the service. From check-in to check-out everyone was super friendly & seemed to have an above-and-beyond attitude.
I may stay at this hotel again, even if I don't have an early morning flight. It beats the rest of the dated, smokey, casino hotels in the area.
I didn't use any of the amenities, but I noticed they had a swimming pool, fitness center, restaurant, even computers to use for printing boarding passes, etc.

Room Tip: As for a room on the "airport" side. Noise isn't bad & it's fun to see the pla...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here one night, because we had a 6 am flight out of Reno. Our room was free because my husband had hotel points (from years ago) as a Hyatt gold passport member. It's free to sign up and the points don't expire. We had a corner room, very clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner is a window style next to the bed - only negative. The bathroom was fine. There is a wet bar with large counter top. Very large flat screen TV on a swivel base. This hotel is perfect if you have an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - they are usually larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here overnight into July 4th. My wife and 2 kids met me here (they were driving in from an extended visit with relatives), and I flew into Reno in the evening. My wife was very impressed with the customer service at check-in, and was also very impressed with the cafe in the lobby. My flight arrived after 10:00 at night, and within 5 minutes of calling to ask for the shuttle it had arrived to pick me up. The guy who drove the shuttle was also who checked my family in earlier in the day and made their dinner in the evening - he was extremely friendly, and I very much appreciate the extra attention he gave to my wife and kids.

The room itself was great. Everything seemed new and was in perfect working order. Also, the complimentary breakfast was fantastic, with very unique options. Well done, Hyatt Place!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Reno/Tahoe Airport for one night during our drive from Salt Lake City to San Francisco. The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodating of us and our dog -- giving us a quiet room close to an exit. The room had a fridge, couch, bed, and bathroom. It was very clean, as was the hotel throughout. The breakfast in them morning was basic, but good. They had egg scrambles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee. Overall, this was probably the best "budget" hotels I've ever stayed at. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Driving downtown or to the Peppermill or Atlantis casinos was also a snap. We went to the Atlantis for dinner and it was only about a 2-3 mile drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport? Share your experiences!