“Very convenient and nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Reno
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very convenient and nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed here several times now while in Reno on business. I like that it is darn near in the airport it is so close, the most convenient hotel by far in that regard. It is away from the downtown area, the casinos and the typical traffic and hassles that come with that, but right next to the highway so it is easy to get anywhere quickly. The hotel is very clean and well run as far as I can tell. It doesn't have a ton of amenities, and I wish the a/c units were centralized, but honestly I forgot all about it once I got settled in. No airplane noise ever!! Not sure how they did that? Free breakfast and free wifi included make this a nice value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Athena N, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the great comments! Even though we are an airport property hotel there is very little noise and we are centrally located in Reno.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review. We hope you continue to stay with us here at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport.

Thank you!

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here on a sat night, extremely affordable for the amenities provided. The rooms are beautifully laid out and we loved how new everything was. From check in to check out we enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely friendly the entire stay. When checking in, they matched an online price, which was great for a sat night! They were very nice and answered every question, even the million my six year old asked. Thank you Armando and Matt, you were very accommodating. I even heard poor Eric on the phone with a crazy person arguing with him about reserving a room without a credit or debit card. I wanted to take the phone and tell her she was crazy and this poor man had more important things to deal with! He was still very nice and courteous dealing with her irrationality.

Right when we walked into the room, we were blown away with how nicely decorated and spacious the room was. We immediately heard a whistling sound from the heater. We called down and Eric immediately came to our room with keys to a new room for us to move. Thank you Eric for your help! My daughter enjoys swimming everywhere we go, and this was no different. She loved the pool and how warm it was. The pool is indoors and and the hot tub is outside, kind of a cool layout. We loved the continental breakfast provided, lots of variety for a 3 star hotel.

We will stay here again. This is the perfect place if you don't want the casino stay and all the smoke. Beautiful hotel with a wonderful staff!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Athena N, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We really appreciate the wonderful review! Our staff takes pride in what they do and try to accommodate each and every guest the best we can. I will pass on your comment and let our staff know they are doing a great job!

Thank you again, and we hope that you continue to stay with Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport whenever you are in town.

Thank you!
/las /vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Very similar to Hampton Suites but more expensive and not 100% guaranteed. The room had a very strong musty smell which was almost unbearable. I was given an air freshener which did not help at all. Since we arrived quite late, my daughter was asleep so we were not able to change rooms. I complained again at checkout and was just offered 50% off.

• Stayed March 2013
Athena N, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory. We have advised our housekeeping staff and we take your comments very seriously. We hope that you will try our hotel again in the future.

Thank you.
Bishop, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Unbelievably stressful time for my family,Hyatt made the Reno trip much easier and they were very friendly. Our reservations changed on a day to day basis, never knowing if we were staying or going. They adjusted the reservation, honored the original rate and offered us anything that we needed. The room was large enough for the 4 of us, and we did not crowd each other. Plenty of space for computers and food. Pool was open late and the water was warm. Beds are very comfortable, large sofa in separate seating room as well as a desk, small refrigerator, and a dry bar area. There is a kiosk for check in/check out if don't want to have the human touch. You just might altogether miss the registration desk as it blends in with the coffee/snack area. The pool was great for the kids, no one there but us!
It was nice to not have to worry about rates changing or being asked to move to a different room. We will stay here whenever we visit Reno. Seriously did not know that people this nice were still out there working at a big city hotel. Well done, Hyatt!

Room Tip: Airport side was rather quiet, not a lot of planes in the middle of the night. If you end up parking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ames, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was so glad that I chose this hotel, and I probably will stay here every time I visit this town.

I had stayed at two previous hotels in Reno: The Comfort Inn near the airport, which is also pretty good) and John Ascuaga's Nugget Hotel towers. I became concerned about staying at the latter place after reading more complaints about how saturated with smoke it can be, as can all casino hotels.

Since I have respiratory problems, it is difficult to find a hotel that is smoke free in this town.

The Hyatt Reno Tahoe Airport was the answer to that problem. The entire hotel is smoke free. It is also a clean hotel, and I had no problems sleeping despite being my room facing the Interstate. I stayed in Room 604 (King Suite) with a view of the snow-capped mountains to the west. It was great. The shower and toilet are separated from the vanity area which was spacious. The staff was friendly, and helpful.

The location could not be better, and it is hard to miss a flight because of car trouble or some other road problem when you can literally walk a block or two to the terminal. I rented a car and took a side drive to Tahoe City. I was there and back in about 3 hours.

The only slight drawback is food. There is no full service restaurant,and that is why I cannot give it my highest rating. I ate breakfast at a nearby McDonald's because I just did not find the hotel fare appetizing enough, though others may be just find with it. Mountain Mike's Pizza is amazing, and they deliver to your room.

The hotel deserves an ovation for just being smoke free in Reno.

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better in terms of views, and one facing the west. Otherwise, you will face th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Easy check in and spacious clean rooms. Quiet although next to airport n highway. Great place to stay for early am flights. Did prepay online to save money. Only negative is their elevator is very slow.

• Stayed March 2013
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel if you want to stay near the airport. The fact that you can't tell you are next to an airport tells you how quiet it is. The rooms are nicely laid out and spacious.
Staff is superb - and while they don't have a traditional restaurant -- they do have a good menu to order from and the food was good. If you don't want to mess w/the casinos - this is the place to go.

Room Tip: My part had 2 rooms and one was an end room, and I did not care for that layout as much as the corne...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport? Share your experiences!