“Nice Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 732 Restaurants in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Savor hardwood grilled steaks, chops and seafood in an unparalleled atmosphere in Bimini, Peppermill's gourmet steakhouse. Intimate, yet open spaces provide spectacular views of the pools and gardens as you dine in the surrounds of a virtual aquarium. Over 1,000 wines from our expansive cellar pair up with a new and innovative menu to help make Bimini Reno's best steakhouse.
Pleasanton, California
“Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice setting, fairly good food. Great service.I had the special of the day, some scallops that were out of this world good. My husband ordered Oso Bucco that should be a veal shank, but it was lamb.

Visited March 2013

San Jose, California
“To put it in a simple word...Perfect!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

To put it in a simple word...Perfect!!!!!!

I have been in the hospitality business, both restaurants and hotels, for a long time, and rarely have I run across an establishment that has a perfect combination, and more importantly balance, of class, quality cuisine, service, and elegance.
My recent trip to Bimini’s involved me bringing my family and friends for a great dining experience. We all agreed that the menu was exquisite. To start off our evening, we all decided to have the lobster bisque. If you are not a fan of lobster, or creamy soups, then you probably would not agree, but this was like a “dream in bowl.” It was perfectly balanced, numerous pieces of lobster in every bite-full, rich, creamy, without going overboard with the combination of spices. Often times restaurants either over-do it with the cream, or spices, to make up for the fact that there is no lobster in the bisque, but the culinary team at Bimini’s has crafted perfection in this dish.
For my main course, I had trouble deciding weather or not to go with their outstanding lemongrass crab legs, or a nice juicy steak. In the end, my carnivore instincts took over, and I decided to go with the porterhouse. Not unlike the bisque, I was blown away by not only the presentation, but the flavor and tenderness of the steak. The steak that was placed in front of me was as big as the plate it was served on, with a wonderful garlic butter garnish. Now, I come from a family that has been cooking high quality steaks for decades. I am proud to say, that I am the fourth generation that has inherited this talent; however, what was placed in front of me I would easily place in my top three best steaks of all time. I could tell after my first bite, that this steak was not only prepared with experience, but was prepared with “love.” Now, I don’t mean the love two people share for each other, I am talking about the love a chef puts into his meals that shows he/she took time and patients to select not only the right seasonings, but the right amount of seasonings, what temperature is needed, and how the finished dish should present itself. In other words, it is the love that showcases his/her passion for their craft and profession.
After the main course, we finished off our evening with a glass of port, and great conversation. Before you we knew it, what only felt like thirty minutes turned out to be two hours; which brings me to the service staff at Bimin’s. First off, my compliments to Jason, the establishment’s general manager, you can tell he has taken time to put together a wonder and very capable service team. Over the last several visits I have watched him take a brief moment and visit every table that was being occupied. While this may not seem like much to someone who has never worked the industry before, a manager, taking the time to not only check-in with his guests, but thank them for choosing Bimini’s is something that many establishment just simply don’t do much of any more. It is refreshing to see that the management team at Bimini’s doesn’t look at their guests like they are just a dollar sign. While I have been waited on by several teams since finding Bimini’s, I do have to compliment both Kamila our server, and Tony, her assistant on great service. They were both extremely attentive, and checked on our table several times throughout our visit, if for nothing else just to let us know they were close by if we needed anything. Outstanding!
In the end, I would recommend this wonderful establishment to anyone, for any occasion. Can you find cheaper restaurants in Reno; absolutely. However, what you save in price, you will most certainly loose in quality of cuisine, service, or both.
In addition, if you are debating weather or not to experience all that Bimini’s has to offer, don’t let these other negative reviews, or mine for that matter, persuade you one way or another. See it for yourself. I have been enjoying Bimini’s for four years now, and have yet to have a mediocre experience, let alone a bad one. Judge for yourself. I think you will find at the very least a great memory of time well spent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Land, Texas
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great food. Best steak I've ever had and the service is impeccable. Really worth the money - and yes, it is expensive - but worth every penny. You really should give it a try.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California
“A nice dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am writting this review from a very nice suite at the Peppermill Hotel. We enjoyed dinner at the
Bimini last night. Did not feel like steak...so went for the roasted chicken, it was delicious, moist,very fresh tasting chicken and nicely seasoned. Also had the "REDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS" potatoes gratine and perfectly steamed asparagus. The service just so so...our waitress, seamed annoyed at our sharing an entree...when she is in her 60's she will understand, one cannot eat large plates of food in later years. Anyway a nice dinner I recomend you try it...a beautiful dinning room to be sure, with cozy booths.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Celebrating in Style at the Finest Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Bimini Steakhouse is our favorite place to celebrate special occassions. My mother recently retired after 40 years of employment. So we couldn't think of a nicer place to celebrate this great occassion. Her favorite was the Rib Eye Bone In with Lobster bisque soup. Of couse she only at 1/4 of the steak but just loved the scenary and great service. Recommend this place to you, your family and loved one! you won't be disappointed

Visited February 2013

Been to Bimini Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bimini Steakhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.