“It was Paradise!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“It was Paradise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2004

Put my family up at the Atlantis this past weekend!! What a wonderful place. They spent time in their spa and got a wonderful massage and facial. The service they experienced was first rate, from the restuarants and the casino. If you are traveling to the reno area I would highly recommend this hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2004

The lodge part of the Atlantis is a shabby (that's being kind), absolutely horrible place to stay! We thought were getting a 4-star room but got one that had stained and missing ceiling tiles and stunk. We got a smoking room when we had specifically reserved a non-smoking one. We were tricked by the ratings in Hotels and didn't know they applied only to the tower part. We complained about the false advertising to the manager, but were told that there was nothing they could do, as we had booked our reservation through a third-party service. After I asked for the corporate headquarters number to lodge a complaint, the manager on duty comped us with a free buffet. That did not make up for it.

Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2004

I got this hotel through hotwire. At checkin there were some 10 odd employees standing around, nobody seemed interested in helping me. I was given a room in the "luxury tower". It was nothing close to a 4 star, perhaps at the 2 star. The room smelled like smoke, the a/c was loud, there was a big gap between the suite door to the adjacent room (I was NOT staying in a suite) and the noise and smoke from next door filtered through. The bathroom light spontaneously went on and off throughout the night, and the room was located next to the very noisy elevator. I asked to move but was told I would only be moved to the motel and "I wouldn't like that".

In the am, after NO SLEEP, I complained to the manager. He did not even offer me a complimentary breakfast.

DO NOT go here!!

wa state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2004

We did not stay at this resort, but visited it. The down side of this hotel/casino is that it is out of the way. With that said, all I can say is that this resort is wonderful! First thing we did was go to the promotion desk. The clerks there were the friendliest of any of 10 resorts that we visited. We asked if they had a certain slot machine and, the clerk took us on a quick tour showing us around the casino. She even showed us some of the new slots and gave us a quick commentary on them. Also the cocktail waitresses came along often asking us if we wanted something, and did not frown or sigh when I asked for water. She (cocktail waitress) even came back and asked if I wanted something else. We did not find this much service at any of the other casinos. In fact at some casinos, a cocktail waitress never came by. Upon visiting another casino my mom found she had lost her wallet at Atlantis. We quickly returned to Atlantis. She discovered that security had found her wallet. Everything was still in it even her money!!! What a secure feeling to know that you are being taken care of. This casino was my personal favorite :-).

Stayed January 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

This was a wonderful place to stay. We stayed in a suite for 5 nights and it was well worth the money.

We only had one problem we had to add an extra night to our stay and didn't think to ask to make sure it was in a tower and they put us in the motor lodge. Make sure when making reservations that you specify that you want a tower room.

The machines played with us and the comps were adequate.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

I have stayed at the Atlantis in Reno for several years the rooms and food is great; they are also comped. I am greatly dissapointed in the machines I have watched them go from a lot of pay back to almost nothing. they have cut back on key and change personnel and thy are getting no tips as there are no jackpots, I overheard two of the slot supervisors talking and wondering what they would do when there were no players. John you need to do something , just because you are building a new casino does not mean you will have players there when it is completed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

I stayed at the Atlantis for several days in May, 2004. The tower room was incredibly comfortable. The resort's restaurants were excellent and provided a variety of options. The Purple Parrot was my favorite. If I return to Reno again, the Atlantis will be my choice for the stay. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!

Been to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Address: 3800 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Spa Hotel in Reno
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Reno
#1 Business Hotel in Reno
#1 Casino Hotel in Reno
#1 Green Hotel in Reno
#1 Family Hotel in Reno
#2 Romantic Hotel in Reno
Hotel Class:4 star — Atlantis Casino Resort Spa 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Atlantis Casino Resort Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlantis Hotel Reno
Atlantis Resort Reno

If you own or manage Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.