“Football Retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Sanger
“Football Retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited Reno for a football game and stayed two nights at the Atlantis. Our room was very spacious and the beds were very nice and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again. Our only complaint was how smoky the casino was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you Shelley for choosing Atlantis for your stay; I do hope your football game was enjoyable. I am sorry for the smoky casino, and I do hope that you will come stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Ceres, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We love the room. Great bedding, cofee service, 42" HD Flat Screen TV, all the toiletries and free internet service!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I am happy you enjoyed your room Tina, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
San Francisco, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just went up for the weekend... It was a very relaxing n spontaneous getaway. Room was very spacious n bed was comfy.. Price was fair and the breakfast buffet was great. Service exceeded my expectation. Staff member were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It is so great to hear William that our service exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you back soon.
Carmichael, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed in Reno frequently for business from 1998-2009, and have stayed in nearly every casino/hotel over the years. As casinos entered the market, and others declined, I gravitated towards properties which offered the best products, pricing, amenities, service, and dining options. My recent stay at the Atlantis sealed the deal for best remodel and makeover award of Reno, and erased the memories of some of the worst design and decorating of the original Atlantis (dreadful tropical and pink stuff everywhere).

Check in was simple and pleasant...with the very courteous front desk assistance. We were the only ones in line, so I can't comment on how things are handled during rush hour. Our rate on a Wed night was $48 plus tax and $12 for "resort" fee for a tower room with 2 queen beds (and included $10 free slot play). The rooms are beautiful, and the beds are the most comfy of any room in the past 10 years. I tried to buy pillows at the front desk because they were absolutely perfect! (housekeeping is supposed to contact me when a new shipment arrives). The room had a 50+ inch flatscreen, and plenty of channels to watch. Excellent lighting in room, and I wanted to take the desk chair home with me, as it was really comfortable while I was doing work.

Bathroom is well-lit, nice toiletries, good shower/tub (although the railing is in the wrong spot in the tub...my 82 year old mother found it useless...not sure if they just randomly stuck a railing on the far side and hoped it would be helpful).

The room was quiet, even though we were right across from the elevator...rooms seem to be well insululated from noise. Request a higher floor, as it is nice to look out at the mountains (or the airport..as it is interesting to watch the planes).

My mom and I gambled for about 8 hours, and found a great selection of machines. We particularly like the non-smoking region of the sushi bar (which was closed for renovation)...it was quiet and enjoyable with good cocktail service... This area is typically much busier when the sushi bar is open, which is scheduled to re-open 11/10. I was disappointed that my favorite bar was closed, but the quietness was a plus. Another plus is the lighting of this area; it is built over the street and is all windows, so daytime actually feels like daytime (unlike being in a cave when gambling). We also enjoyed the listening to the evening entertainment, and there are some fun machines in the area so you can multi-task. Overall, the ambiance is pleasant and not too smokey throughout the casino.

I have always enjoyed the sports bar area of the Atlantis...easy access from parking lot, plenty of TVs, helpful assistance when placing bets, pleasant area to watch sports and play video poker. Another plus is they have decent wine when gambling..

The Atlantis did an excellent job with their lighting and color schemes in the gambling area. It is rather large, and can be confusing until you do a couple of laps to become familiar with the area. Cocktail service was readily available (don't forget to tip because they make very little in wages). I didn't use the spa, although it was quite nice prior to the remodel. I have used the gym in the past, and am impressed by the equipment, facilities, etc....not sure if they have made any changes.

We didn't eat at the Atlantis this trip, however I have ALWAYS loved the Napa Bistro Grill...great happy hour with wonderful wine selections and appetizers. The buffet has always been popular...and I have enjoyed it in the past (everything was fresh and nicely presented). As mentioned, I love the sushi bar, and look forward to seeing the changes after the opening on 11/10... They also offered the best Seafood Louie salad!

I will definitely be staying at the Atlantis again...we booked through Expedia and received $10 in free slot play. Best rates are usually Sun-Thursday. If you aren't familiar with the area, Sept - Nov are typically great times to visit Reno (check events calendar). The weather in Sept and Oct is usually quite nice, and you can rent a car and head over to Tahoe to enjoy the lake without the crowds. Fall weather can turn quickly (as it did on our trip...we had to head back to Sacramento early to avoid having to buy chains for getting over the mountain pass), so pay attention to the weather reports. If you like to ski, Reno casinos offer some excellent ski/lodging deals (make sure the resorts have snow...last year was a drought and the skiing was terrible). Granted, Reno isn't Vegas...but I actually like that about Reno.... and you can't beat the prices, service, and proximity to Lake Tahoe...and you can't beat the Atlantis for comfort and ambiance.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor...nice mountain views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of Atlantis; we appreciate your feedback! Our Sushi Bar is now open for your enjoyment on your next visit. I will pass on your comment regarding the shower railing to our Executive Housekeeper so we can be sure it is in the optimum location. Thank you for your continued loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Taipei, Taiwan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We chose this hotel because it is so highly rated. But we were really dissapointed.
We arrived at the hotel pretty exhausted, but we couldn't get in the room because our keys were not working. We waited for the staff and then the engineer to come, but it was no use. Finally, they gave us another room, but it was not the king bed that we booked for, but a twin room.
The carpet in the hall was not clean and the air was smoky. The room and beds were okay.
To play the games in the casino, we had to register to be a member of their club, and it took us like 15 mins each to get registered.
In summary, it was not a pleaseant stay. I think there should be a better option in Reno.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am so sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations of Atlantis. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay at your convenience, please feel free to contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I hope to hear from you and again please accept my sincerest apologies.
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just got back from another wonderful trip to the Atlantis. We have a girls spa getaway 3 times a year and now always go only to the Atlantis. Warm welcome and treated great by all of staff. We ate at the Bistro Napa, prices good, but they use far to mutch garlic in the steam clams and other dishes. Our favorite restaurant is the Sky Terrace Oyster Bar, great seafood and good selection.
They recently remodled the casino, now the black jack tables look like the Michelin Man, found tha to be funny and interesting.
We return again after the first of the year for another great time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review, Diane. I will pass your comments regarding the steamed clams on to our Food & Beverage Director. Thank you for making Atlantis your girls spa getaway location. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back next year.
the villages, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

we've been visiting the atlantis approximately once/year for about 20 years. we used to ski at various ski resorts around lake tahoe and stay @ this resort the 1st and last night of our vacation (we live in the midwest). Since we've "retired" from skiing, we just visit the atlantis for 3-4 nites to enjoy it's ambiance and to "play" in it's casino, whenever we visit friends in sacramento and the bay area. the food is great, and the friendliness of the staff makes our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Paul for continuing your Atlantis trips even after retiring from skiing. I sure hope our ambiance and play have made for a suitable replacement to the ski slopes. I look forward to continuing to welcome you to Atlantis.

Been to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!