“I always bring my guest to the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Reno-Tahoe Ski Getaway
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Citrus Heights, California
“I always bring my guest to the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have a large family, and we always come to the Atlantis, because we are going to have some really good food and service. The staff are just wonderful we always feel very special, and the Spa you have to try, you will not be disappointed. If you want to have a good time and a lot of fun, the Atlantis Casino is the only place in Reno NV you need to go.....

Room Tip: We like the higher floors, we love to look at the city at night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
atlantiscasino, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for making Atlantis Casino Resort Spa as your #1 destination for your family. I am pleased that you consistently enjoy our restaurants, spa, and guest service. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here on business for 7 days. The hotel was great and the casino floor was pretty well laid out. The Spa is a must at this hotel. I have been to Qua in Vegas and I have to say this Spa was very similar. I had nothing but great experiences with the hotel staff. Parking was easy and the rooms were very well kept.
The reason I'm only giving this hotel 3 stars and not 5 is because of the casino floor. No, it's not because of the smoke (which does not bother me), but an experience I had at the craps table. I am a big craps player. On one particular evening, I had one bet on the table, a come bet that was on 9 with odds. I had about 90$ at steak on this bet. My point hit and the dealer gave my winnings to someone else! I then corrected the dealer (not in a rude way), but I was treated like a drunk bum off the street (I wasn't even drinking)! I couldn't believe it! The guy with my winnings, he left the table. I then stopped the table and argued with the dealers, but they continued to brush me off and would not correct the mistake! The table was not that crowded or hectic. Out of years of playing craps, I have never had this happen to me.
After being burned in this situation, I went to other casinos in the area to play for the remainder of my stay. The hotel was great, but I won't stay there again because of my experience on the casino floor.

Room Tip: All the rooms had great views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I've stayed here many times for work, and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are beautiful, and the overall vibe of the resort is upscale yet comfortable. I LOVE the restaurants! Bistro Napa is one of my favorite restaurants in Reno, and the Atlantis Steakhouse is one of those classic, gorgeous steakhouses that you never forget. (oh, and the cheesecake from the Manhattan Deli is the biggest, creamiest, most delicious cheesecake I've ever had!) The sushi/oyster bar is also one of the best in Reno.

The hotel is easy to get in and out of - parking is a breeze and the parking lot is very open and well-lit. I'm not at all worried about parking my car overnight there. I'm not a big gambler, so I can't say much about the casino, but it's always busy and often has live music and tons of promotions going on. Looks like a fun time.

The room rates are good, and it seems like the hotel always has great packages going on, like ski or golf packages. Oh, and the spa! The BEST spa I've ever been to! Beautiful decor, wonderful relaxation rooms, professional and friendly attendants, a great variety of treatments - just the best!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed our spa, restaurants, and rooms to name a few. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Sparks, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The room was super clean, very quiet and the turn down service great. We were comped the room and got great perks that included a little fruit and cheese and wine. Even though we are not "high rollers" the staff and casino host(Thanks Eden)make you feel as though they really apprectate your business. We did manage to make it to dinner at the Bistro Napa and had a great dinner. The Atlantis is our go to place for all of our friends and relatives that visit from out of town and we can always depend on rave reviews from all of them!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for continuing to recommend Atlantis Casino Resort Spa to your family and friends. Providing exceptional guest service is our highest priority and I’m thrilled that we shine through each and every time. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was here on business and thought this was a good place to stay. At check in, I asked for a quiet room and was upgraded to the Concierge Rooms. They are on higher floors with a keyed elevator. They also allow access to a lounge which was nice with plenty of snacks, drinks and a pay bar for alcohol. They also include a nice Continental breakfast with an ample choice of fruit, cereals, pastry, bread, hard boiled eggs, juices, tea and coffee. The staff here was very friendly and it was nice to get bottled water, soft drinks, and light snacks.

The room was nice, with a large bed, large flat screen high def TV, and a sitting area with a great view of the mountains. The bathroom was nice, but not the type of luxury baths you find in Las Vegas Resorts. I also did not like the bath rugs since, while they were likely clean, they did not really look it. I never like throw rugs in a hotel bathroom.

I ordered room service for lunch one day and while the sandwich was fine, the fries were cold and did not look fresh. I did not try any other hotel restaurants.

My one negative was that in spite of having paid for a half day rate so I could check out late, the maids knocked on my door 3 times, even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on the room. The third time I asked the maid if she could read the sign, and she said she was "told" to check the room. Management might want to tell them what do not disturb means, especially after I agreed to pay for an extra half day to get a late checkout and they knocked before my agreed to check out time. This was annoying.

As most posters mention, this is a smoking casino and in spite of all the management answers about their ventilation system, you certainly smell smoke throughout the hotel check in area and all common spaces. I did not notice it on my floor or room. If you are really bothered by any smell of smoke, I would not stay in a Nevada Casino! This was not a big deal for me, but I could see where some people might be bothered.

Overall, this was a very good stay and I would stay again if I was in e Reno area. Especially if you enjoy gambling!

Room Tip: Concierge floor was a nice extra for the lounge, views, and privacy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Atlantis Casino Resort Spa on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Concierge Lounge, room, and gaming. I am sorry for your experience with our Housekeeping Staff on the day of your departure. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact... I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sycamore, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My stay here was very pleasant. The food at Toucan Charlie's is excellent. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The Casino was allot of fun. Free Wi-fi that worked very well. Already booked for the next trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and I'm thrilled that you chose Atlantis Casino Resort Spa for your next Reno trip!
Clarkston, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I visit Reno 2 - 3 times a year. We are not high rollers but have found that Atlantis is very generous with their comps. We found check-in to be pleasant and quick and are always treated with respect.
On this trip, rather than the deluxe tower room we had booked, we were comped a spa suite for three nights! I believe this was because we checked in on a Sunday and the hotel was booked solid. Whatever the reason, we were thrilled to enjoy this special experience.
The room was huge and, in addition to the spa, had a large, flat screen TV along with comfortable furnishings on which to relax. The king size bed was SO comfy and the bedding was perfect. Hubby sleeps warm so didn't use the comforter ... I sleep cold and the heavy comforter made for a perfect nights sleep for me.
The bathroom also had a TV and a lovely, large, walk-in shower with a wonderfully relaxing shower head. The vanity was large enough to easily accommodate not only the coffee brewer but also all my toiletry needs as well as my husbands.
The afternoon visit by housekeeping to provide turn-down service, Andes mints and whatever extras we might require added a special touch.
Those who are not familiar with the in room coffee service need to know that the brewers are for only one small (8 oz?) cup at a time. It's barely enough to get one by till they can either get to one of the deli's downstairs or the buffet.
On this visit, neither my husband nor I can offer any suggestion for improvement of hospitality by the Atlantis.

Room Tip: Ask for extra coffee if you want to spend a little time in your room in the morning.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing the highlights of your visit to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of the suite and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Been to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!