“Nice getaway for a weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Military Family Rate
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockton, California
“Nice getaway for a weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

A couple of buddies and I had a chance to get away for the weekend. We found the perfect lodging with a suite at this property that was 2 bedrooms, 1 with a king bed, the other with 2 queen beds. In between the bedrooms is a living room and small kitchen.

We couldn't have asked for a better set up with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths for a very realistic price. Breakfast is included and was quite fulfilling. Though our room was facing the freeway, there was no noticeable freeway noise. The hotel is in a business park setting, and very quiet in the evening. Shopping and several dining options are conveniently located. Some nice touches were a full sized refrigerator and a DVD player. Like other Homewood Suites, if you stay on a Monday-Thursday evening, there is a complimentary reception included with the room.

One downside was the pervasive odor of smoke. We ended up going to the store for Febreze to spray throughout the suite. While it did improve the smell, it was still there.

Do take note that this property is a fair distance from downtown and the major casinos. If you are planning to do any gambling, you're going to need some transportation to get there. We had a car so we didn't mind. As long as you're aware of it and don't mind getting in a car after an evening on the town, it's totally fine.

Overall, this was a very nice stay...all except for the smokiness.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room, if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I like the location of this hotel. Also, it is very close to a trail that you can walk that goes west into the foothills of the mountains. It is a nice trail. The staff are very friendly and the food has always been good when I have stayed there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood for a tournament at the convention center and were very pleased with the experience. Upon checking in, I found out that my reservation had been cancelled (probably due to a snafu with the HHonors website) but the staff was able to rebook me, and at a slightly lower rate. The women who worked behind the front desk were very friendly and helpful, and even helped us get some breakfast well before the official opening time for the buffets. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel is located in a very quiet office park, but there are restaurants and grocery stores very nearby on the other side of the freeway. The Whole Foods is lovely and even has a beer tasting room! It was about a five minute hassle-free drive to the convention center, and I'd stay here over any of the mega-hotel/casinos any day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff was excellent and the stay was great. It was very quiet. be prepared to sign up for their rewards program if you want to get any wi-fi. The complimentary breakfast and dinner was convienient because this was a business trip, and didnt have alot of time in the mornings and just kind of tired in the evening to prepare anything. I also noticed a shuttle to the Lake Tahoe area every morning, so that was helpful.

Room Tip: turn your A/C on when you check in. I made the mistake of getting settled in and got a horrible smel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here on business for two nights in January 2013. It is your typical Homewood Suites - rooms and layout. The hotel was clean & the staff was friendly, but sparse. The location is decent (south of downtown Reno by about 10-15 minutes) & within very short driving distance to restaurants, groceries, and other shopping (none of these are within walking distance, so a car is a necessity). I found the gym area a little lacking, but had a treadmill and elliptical. I didn't partake of the evening reception/light meal, as the choices where not to my liking on the nights I was there, so I can't comment of the evening food service, but the breakfast was decent. My major complaint was that my hotel room was noisy; not from other guest, but from the appliances, heater, fans, building creaking, etc. As I'm traveling to Reno on a more regular basis now, I'll probably try someplace new next time, but this is a decent fallback hotel if I don't find something better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laramie, WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Good clean safe reliable place to stay in Reno. Rooms/suites are spacious and clean, beds are comfortable, the full kitchen was much appreciated. Hotel staff is courteous and professional, if not super friendly. Location is amenable to getting most places in Reno pretty quickly and was very close for my business meetings and personal trips. Breakfast is adequate to meet your needs. They accept pets and my dog enjoyed his stay (there is a very nice park about two miles away for long walks - Bartley Ranch Park). I would stay again anytime.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a newer property in nice shape and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was just okay, typical continental plus a little more. I recall staying at a San Diego area property and the breakfast seemed to have more options.

The 2 room suite is perfect for small kids, HOWEVER, our third story room windows were both fully open when we entered and as we were bringing luggage into the room, both of our kids (3 and 6 yr olds) immediately climbed onto the chair in front of an open window and were looking out. My wife yelled at both of them to get down and ultimately had trouble sleeping due to visions of the children falling from the window. I do not think fully opening windows is typical in upper story hotel rooms as most recent hotel stays (I travel for business) I recall either windows not opening at all or just a few inches, where a child could not fit through. Homewood, please fix this problem!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jim D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bring to my attention the safety issue you experienced. The safety and security of our guests is always a priorty. I have shared your comments with my entire staff and ensure you that we have taken appropriate steps to ensure this does not happen again. If you ahve any additional concerns, please feel free to reach me at the hotel directly. Thank you again.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno? Share your experiences!