“Great value...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Burlingame, California
“Great value...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is usually my hotel of choice when I come to Reno for business. It's located in a newer and quieter part of town. The rooms are spacious and the hotel is in very good condition. Breakfast is always adequate and the nightly reception is also a nice touch if you don't feel like going out for dinner. The last time I was here I had a long flight delay and the manager allowed me to stay till 4PM without charging me for an extra day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The Homewood Suites is a fine hotel located near US395 a few miles south of downtown Reno. The rooms are spacious and include a small kitchen. There was plenty of room for our family of four with a king bed in the bedroom and a nice sofa sleeper in the living room. The room was nicely furnished though there a few small signs of wear. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area and lobby were very nice. We would definitely return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Early check-in request granted, however, upon entering room found wet bath towel on bathroom floor and used toiletries in shower. Desk assigned us another room. Informed housekeeping we'd be out most of the day and to please clean room on the 2nd day of our stay. Room had not been cleaned upon our return. Desk sent up on-call housekeeper who tidied up while we watched t.v. Akward! Pool smelled of chemicals so did not use. Exercise room had treadmills with t.v. channels, nice! Elevator. Breakfast is quantity over quality but yogurt saves the day. Good variety of beverages. Property is away from town, plus. I'll return for the beds. Oversights were corrected but...should not be happening.

Room Tip: Visit the room before and make sure it is clean and ready for occupation before attempting to take y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sonoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed at many Homewood Suites throughout the Western US. This one was the worst. It is really out of the way. Had trouble with the front desk. Twenty somethings running the place. Room was not cleaned the first day, asked if I could just have towels. By 7:30pm they did not show up. Complained loudly. Finally received just towels at 9pm that night. Had to put dirty dishes in hallway. Not good. More than once I stood at the front desk for more than 5 minutes waiting for someone. Food quality not good. Overall, not impressed with this one.

Room Tip: If you are looking to stay near the casinos or the airport, this is not a good choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jim D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I have shared them with my entire staff. We strive to ensure a memorable stay and have put steps in place to ensure that these sort of issues dont happen again. Thanks again for your comments.
Jim D
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

During the volleyball tournament I reserve the room for our relatives. When I booked the room I clearly told them they have two kids and two adults and they needs a room with two beds. They charge us the ridiculous price for the room $292.67. I never paid this kind of price just stay at simple hotel like this one. But I thought it is ok to pay as long as they got the room to stay. But the worse part was the stay. When we got to the hotel no one was on desk, few people were waiting before us. It takes almost half hour for them to check us in. Then we were checked in to the room wasn't clean. Went back to front desk and wait for another 15 mins to talk to front desk clerk and no apology was offered. They want us to wait in lobby for half hour. We sit in lobby and after 45 mins of wait. I went back to front desk to check the status of room and nothing was done. After waiting waiting finally they told us our room is ready and they put us in room with one bed. Once again, we went down to switch room and finds out no rooms available with two beds. Front desk clerk instead offer an apology, they start argue with us. We reserve the room with one bed. I wasn't mind paying the premium I paid for the room, but I didn't receive the value of the price I paid. I paid so much forbthe room and one of the kids have to sleep on floor when we ask for a roll away bed and it wasn't available either. Next morning we came down for the breakfast. Bunch of kids were running around and nothing was available to eat. Overall it was very poor stay and bad experience.

• Stayed April 2012
Jim D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reach out and tell us about your recent stay here in Reno. I have shared your comments with my staff and assure you that we make every effort to ensure a relaxing and comfortable stay. Please feel free to contact me at anytime here at the hotel to discuss any future lodging needs.
Placerville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My son loves the basketball sports court. I love that we can BBQ outside. Rooms are clean, newer and large. Indoor pool was a hit with my daughter, Breakfast was good, dining area, pleasant and comfortable. Our volleyball tournament trip to Reno was made much more enjoyable and comfortable by choosing to stay here. We'll be back next year. Hopefully with the rest of our team.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor with view of the Sierras.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Being a Hilton Diamond member these days is great. Once they see you are platinum level, staff usually does all the can do satisfy you. For this stay, I was not disappointed! Asked and received an upgrade to a two bedroom suite. Most units at a Homewood are the 1 bedroom configuration. And, I was able to use the 1 bedroom point schedule! Very nice they let me do this.
Accommodations were great, at least 800 square feet, full kitchen and two baths. Very clean and comfortable. Very good AC system.
Nice location in an newer office complex area, need to drive to nearby restaurants. Quiet rooms, great parking, newer property. Close to 395 frwy, but road noise minimal. Atlantis Hotel about 1 mile. Peppermill casino, 2.5 miles.
Breakfast included and above average.
Will be back again. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno? Share your experiences!