“Great for family. Close to Mt Rose. No need to deal with smoke and casino.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great for family. Close to Mt Rose. No need to deal with smoke and casino.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We are not the gambling type. So we looked for a hotel for the family when skiing in Tahoe (Mt Rose). We found the Staybridge from Expedia, and checked tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We liked the Staybridge.

It is off the main drag of casinos and that is fine with us. it is actually closer to Mt Rose than the casinos. The hotel is clean. Everything very efficient. Since it is a suite, there are actually two rooms - living room with desk, sofa, TV, kitchen; and a bedroom with beds and bathroom. it is quite spacious when comparing to normal hotel rooms.

The hotel serves breakfast buffet and evening manager's reception. The hotel also has a small pool/spa so it is great for the kids. The lobby area has a fireplace and large LCD TV so it is great for folks to meet and family to get together.

The manager gave us a couple for the nearby Texas Roadhouse Restaurant. Good restaurant.

I highly recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bartlesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Folks, this is hands down the best hotel we have ever stayed at! I travel on a semi-regular basis for work so I frequent hotels. The Staybridge Suites is always my favorite! And, the Staybridge Suites in Reno has been the best experience my family has ever had at a hotel. We are here adopting an infant so we were there for the 10 days awaiting legal work to be completed. The staff is extremely gracious, friendly (the evening manager played CandyLand with our 4 year old daughter while my wife and I ate dinner provided by the hotel), flexible and very accommodating to our every need. Access to a FREE laundry area was great as we went through several baby outfits due to ...........just being babies! The pool is very nice, workout facilities great for a hotel, breakfast and dinner (Tuesday-Thursday) excellent (Macaroni Grill catered 1 night). We couldn't have asked for anything more other than our legal work to get completed faster so we could go home!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Shared a two bedroom/bath suite with a colleague.

This is a nice, clean, up-to-date, and quiet hotel a bit of a drive south of town (~5-10 miles). The staff was pleasant and service oriented.

The room was clean and the decor appeared brand new (granite/contemporary fixtures). Wi-Fi, flat screen tv's in each room, and a small kitchen in the common area made this a very nice choice for business travel. The towels were large and thick. Plenty of pillows on the bed with comfortable bedding was a plus. I have stayed in hotels with better beds but not a real big complaint because the beds were reasonable.

The morning breakfast was an "expanded continental" with scrambled eggs and sausage patties but the scrambled eggs were not good.

Overall a very reasonably priced and nice hotel away from the casinos.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed here for 5 days on a recent business trip. They are conveniently located outside of the downtown area but close to everything. It's a 10 minute trip to get just about anywhere you want to go. Even close to the highway headed to Lake Tahoe if your trip allows a quick visit.

They were celebrating their one year anniversary the week I was there so, still relatively new. Chris, at the front desk, was extremely helpful and friendly. This was my first visit at a Staybridge Suites but as a frequent guest of Homewood Suites in other locations, I had something to compare it to. Room size is nice. I think I had one of the smaller rooms and it was more than adequate (almost the same layout of Homewood Suites rooms I've stayed in). Full kitchen plus complimentary coffee, tea, and popcorn is provided in the room. Standard desk with FREE WI-FI. Standard sofa, coffee table, and flat screen TV with a wide range of television station options (I usually have to miss some of my cable shows while travelling-not here!) including digital music channels. Alarm clock-radio includes an iPod dock. Plenty of lighting options (two bed lamps, two floor lamps, a desk lamp, overhead lighting in kitchen and bathroom, plus two sets of lighting in bathroom vanity area. If I had any complaints, it would be the layout of the vanity area, with the closet doors and bathroom doors. It's very clunky and you can't have the closet door open at the same time as the bathroom door (fine for most people but I like to have handy access to a trash bin while putting on makeup in the morning and pulling out my clothes). Not an issue, I finally figured out how to make it work for me but let's just say that's the only complaint I have.

Free hot breakfast in the morning includes eggs of some sort, breakfast meat (bacon or sausage depending on the day), usually a potato option (hash browns), along with cheese, salsa, and other toppings. Also on the bar are fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, oatmeal, cottage cheese, and milk. There is a full compliment of breads available; bagels, toast, muffins, coffee cake/danish along with coffee, tea, etc. I'm a big fan of happy hour in the hotel (what I like about Homewood Suites, as well), convenient for those nights when work is the priority over dining out or, you want a quick glass of beer or wine while waiting for the group to gather to go out. Happy hour usually includes food or hearty snacks that could very easily be your evening meal.

In addition to a computer center with printer, they have a guest library where you can exchange books and a small market that carries just about anything else you may need. The prices on the market are great. I ran out of Advil and the small two-pill packs that usually go for at least $1 at CVS/Walgreen's were 50 cents at the market.

The exercise room is small but includes anything you might be interested in (including medicine balls w/ handles) and is clean. Two treadmills were the most popular item while I was there but I never had to wait to use them. They also have an elliptical and recumbent bike along with a four station weight machine, yoga mat, and one of those big inflatable balls for stretching.

BONUS: They offer FREE laundry and are pet-friendly.

A comment on the light housekeeping: this is the standard housekeeping I feel you get at just about any hotel these days. They empty trash, replace towels, etc. and make the bed. The only difference would be if you want fresh towels Saturday night or Sunday night, you get them from the front desk. The full housekeeping includes changing sheets and cleaning the floors, which is done after checkout or once a week if you are staying more than 7 days.

I had a corporate rate but I believe their standard rate is less than the Hampton Inn (only 2 yrs old) right next door and the Hampton doesn't offer suites in every room or free happy hour each evening. I've stayed in both hotels and while the Hampton Inn is nice (great beds), I will choose the Staybridge every time over the Hampton for any subsequent visits.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

When I travel I always check tripadvisor before I make my pick, just like what I did for this hotel. When I read the reviews I noticed that alot of people like this hotel for it location, cleaniness and staff. I not so much. This was the first time Tripadvisor really let me down, and thats why I decided to write this review.

The location for this hotel is poor it is not close to anything, even if you are trying to stay away from casinos it is not the best spot. We did not want to stay at a casion because we dont like the smoke so we decided to stay here, knowing that we would go to the casinos later on to have some fun. We were told that the hotel was close to the airport and would be easy to find, IT WASN"T. Coming from a long flight the last thing we needed was to rent a car and have difficulties to find this place. It was what seemed to be in the middle of no where. The staff needs to be alot clearer on how far they are from the Airport and other locations they have a tendancy to go around the bush a little.

Other than that the staff was ok, nothing great but they did do what was asked of them eventually. I felt that sometimes they could have done somethings in more of a timely manner.

The hotel when walking into it seems very clean but when you get to your room it changes. The sheets and towels have some sopts on them, we could tell that they were cleaned, but they were not new they had some what seemed to be permanent stains.

They thing that would not bring me back to this place would be the price, it was way to high. It seemed that is was a deal when I booked it but with all these negative points it really made the price to much. I would not reccommend this to any one coming for a long stay or coming with other(s) to have a good time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at Staybridge Suites Reno for 10 days and I can't say enough about the staff or the facilities. First off, I was impressed from the time I picked up the phone to make reservations for myself and 15 of my co-workers to our last night and eventual check out. We've stayed many places in the past as a group but this was by far "THE BEST" in service and accommodations. The hotel itself is a short drive from the airport (actually just about 10 minutes) with a fantastic view of the mountains. Great neighborhood with plenty of resturants and shopping within a very short drive (1-1.5 mile). The rooms were 1st rate, with full kitchen and a living room/bedroom (both great for family stays or prolonged business trips). Breakfast was served every morning (free of charge) and there was a manager reception 3 nights of the week. If you are looking for a great place to stay in the Reno area, I highly recommend this hotel. My co-workers were so impressed that they ask that I use the Staybridge Suites chain when I book our meeting in Texas next March. I've already made contact with the folks down there and if the my initial contact with them is any indication, I know we'll be equally impressed.

B. BARTLOW .. DUMFRIES VA

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

This hotel is great!

We especially liked the location, as the hotel is well south of the downtown area. It is located in a business park, which made for quiet nights, and it is close enough to the freeway to be convenient, but not so close that the noise is overbearing. We were in town for the air races, and the trip to the airport was a completely acceptable fifteen minutes.

The entire hotel, including our suite, was impeccably clean. The no charge laundry facility was a definite plus, and we wished we had brought our swimsuits so we could try out the indoor pool and spa.

The front desk staff were quite courteous and very helpful. We realized we forgot to bring toothpaste, and when I went to the front expecting to buy a tube the manager opened a drawer and handed me a small tube of Colgate, no charge.

The provided towels were full size and soft, unlike the small scratchy towels provided by many other hotels. The kitchen in our suite was well equipped, and fully stocked with four place settings worth of dishes and flatware, as well as cooking utensils and cookware. All you need to provide is the food!

The included breakfast buffet was like nothing I have ever experienced at a hotel. This is not some little juice and a danish continental breakfast. This is a REAL breakfast. Bacon, eggs, and you can even make your own waffles.

Twenty minutes after we arrived, we had already decided this was where we were staying next year.

If you want an outstanding hotel, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, this is the place!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada? Share your experiences!