“Very clean, very nice rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #9 of 65 hotels in Reno
“Very clean, very nice rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Extremely clean and nice rooms. We only needed one night could have stayed longer. Didn't smell pets and staff was professional and friendly nice big suites with kitchen and separate bedroom with tv, living room has clean couch and tv there is also a little sitting area in the kitchen area.

• Stayed July 2013

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Camdenton, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Needing enough room to accommodate my daughter and me and her two large teenage sons who were with us for a volleyball tournament was the purpose of our eight days in Reno. Couldn't have asked for better accommodations unless we had rented a condo. Everything was pleasant especially the beautiful patio with two grills under a pergola. We thought we would miss having an oven in our kitchen but it turned out to be no problem. The location was so close to the Interstate highway that getting around was no problem. The Staff and the breakfast were superb - best breakfast we have ever had in similar hotels.

Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband travels for work and almost always stays at Staybridge, therefore he has many traveler points. We usually only have to pay the pet fee if there is one. Because we do travel with our pets, we like having a room close to the exit which was provided. We were across from the pool and didn't hear any noise whatsoever. The nightly social hour and the breakfast are always a plus and never disappoint. The only negative would be the distance to downtown but that wasn't that big of a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first stay in a Staybridge Suites. I have stayed in many a Marriott Residence Inn and expected much of the same. When I walked into the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised with an updated, warm and comfortable look and feel. But so many hotels spend money on their lobbies and not their rooms, so I waited to fully formulate an opinion.

The check-in process was smooth and quick. We (my family of four) headed to the room and once inside, I found that the owners spent some resources on the rooms too. The room was up to date: small kitchen with stainless steel appliances and what looked like granite countertops, newer mattresses with tasteful linens, and a bathroom that was clean and nice.

Having stayed in many hotels, I usually expect to wake up feeling stiff and sore from firm or lumpy mattresses, but I must say that that did not happen. I woke up feeling great. I headed down for my free breakfast, which was really just okay. It's about what you would expect at any similar hotel. But the fact that it was included in the price meant I wasn't going to complain about it.

Overall, the stay was very nice. Maybe my expectations were a little low and that contributes to my excellent rating. If you're looking for the Ritz, this isn't it. But with the class of hotel it is and at the price we got the room, I would definitely consider it an excellent value.

The only negatives I could find were the lack of parking (unless you want to park out in the dark corner of the lot) and the location (a bit outside of downtown Reno). But we also got back at 1am, so that could explain why the lot was pretty full. And location is purely subjective.

Whittier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice clean rooms, the lay out of the hotel was great. Laundry room, with 4 washers and dryers, right next to the fitness room and pool. Great breakfast! It isn't close to anything, it was in an industrial area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here in May with my husband and three of our kids. We were in Reno for a basketball tourney. The hotel was sold out but you wouldn't know it. The staff was great, very quick with anything we needed (towels-lol). The breakfast buffet was outstanding, always hot and plenty of food! The outside patio with BBQs was fabulous, we barbecued and sat out there to eat-it was great! The location is good, right near a grocery store and a Starbucks, My only complaint location wise would be no restaurants close by. The evening manager was especially personable, we will stay here next year for the tournament as well!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This stay was our second time at the Staybridge Suites in Reno; our last stay was 18 month ago. We again had a one bedroom King bed suite located on the fourth floor corner location overlooking the parking lot; we were satisfied with the location. The only noticeable “change” was the sofa sleeper in our suite appeared well used and could be spruced up greatly if the cushions would just be replaced. The suite was clean and in order and stocked with all promised items. The shampoo is more water based, so you may prefer to bring your own. I love the breakfast at this property, it has Special K breakfast cereal with two choices of whole fruit and if just one is out you can request the Breakfast attendant to check for another. And for yogurt there is the choice regular calorie count or the light and fit with 50 calories. Finding hotel/motel breakfast rooms that will offer more than one low sugar item are not an easy task. This Staybridge Suites, it appeared to me, does not overload the breakfast choices with breads, donuts, and other breakfast sweets and I really appreciate that. The breakfast eating area could be larger, I dislike having to walk around carrying a tray with food. The library and business center are right off the breakfast room. The laundry (located off the fitness room) has three “smaller” stacked front loading washers and dryers and one larger side by side washer and dryer. The pool/hot tub and outdoor patio area are located through the same entry door as the fitness and laundry. All three areas are cleared and attended too throughout the day. This stay we did not attend the evening light meal not by choice; we had a dinner commitment with our children. Our last stay the light meals were very good and looking at the menu on the frig in the kitchen of our suite those menus appear to be just a inviting. The USA Today is available in the lobby, also you will find the small “market” which also offers refrigerated and frozen foods and sundry items for sale. Again, I am sad to say, the front desk personal are not as outgoing as other properties we have stayed at; they are not rude or off putting, I just don’t get the feel of real warm and welcoming greeting. And sadly the hardest working young lady that attended to the laundry/fitness/pool area and also was the same housekeeping that took care of our week end light housekeeping did not speak any English. I have nothing but respect for her as she was such a hard worker, but speaking English is a critical component to working in the hospitality business. Broken English would even be acceptable to none. We will be back to the Staybridge Suites in Reno NV in the future.

Room Tip: This stay was our second time at the Staybridge Suites in Reno; our last stay was 18 month ago. We...