“Really enjoy this property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Surprise, Arizona
“Really enjoy this property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This stay was our second time at the Staybridge Suites in Reno; our last stay was 18 month ago. We again had a one bedroom King bed suite located on the fourth floor corner location overlooking the parking lot; we were satisfied with the location. The only noticeable “change” was the sofa sleeper in our suite appeared well used and could be spruced up greatly if the cushions would just be replaced. The suite was clean and in order and stocked with all promised items. The shampoo is more water based, so you may prefer to bring your own. I love the breakfast at this property, it has Special K breakfast cereal with two choices of whole fruit and if just one is out you can request the Breakfast attendant to check for another. And for yogurt there is the choice regular calorie count or the light and fit with 50 calories. Finding hotel/motel breakfast rooms that will offer more than one low sugar item are not an easy task. This Staybridge Suites, it appeared to me, does not overload the breakfast choices with breads, donuts, and other breakfast sweets and I really appreciate that. The breakfast eating area could be larger, I dislike having to walk around carrying a tray with food. The library and business center are right off the breakfast room. The laundry (located off the fitness room) has three “smaller” stacked front loading washers and dryers and one larger side by side washer and dryer. The pool/hot tub and outdoor patio area are located through the same entry door as the fitness and laundry. All three areas are cleared and attended too throughout the day. This stay we did not attend the evening light meal not by choice; we had a dinner commitment with our children. Our last stay the light meals were very good and looking at the menu on the frig in the kitchen of our suite those menus appear to be just a inviting. The USA Today is available in the lobby, also you will find the small “market” which also offers refrigerated and frozen foods and sundry items for sale. Again, I am sad to say, the front desk personal are not as outgoing as other properties we have stayed at; they are not rude or off putting, I just don’t get the feel of real warm and welcoming greeting. And sadly the hardest working young lady that attended to the laundry/fitness/pool area and also was the same housekeeping that took care of our week end light housekeeping did not speak any English. I have nothing but respect for her as she was such a hard worker, but speaking English is a critical component to working in the hospitality business. Broken English would even be acceptable to none. We will be back to the Staybridge Suites in Reno NV in the future.

Room Tip: This stay was our second time at the Staybridge Suites in Reno; our last stay was 18 month ago. We...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Paradise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our first stay at the Staybridge Suites in Reno and we wish we never had to leave. It was a special trip for my daughter and I and we were not disappointed. The two rooms were spacious and the kitchen was well stocked. We had reserved our room through a booking website and there was some confusion over our last day. Doug Burton, the desk attendant, was so helpful in resolving our situation. I will always stay at this chain of hotels in the future. The breakfast was wonderful. If I had to rate this it would be an A+++++

Room Tip: If you travel with a dog the rooms provided are far enough away from other guest that you don't...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Usually a good place for business travelers, Staybridge is usually one of the better Holiday Inn chains. This time it was awful, I've never wrote a review for anything before but their customer service was non existent and I felt like they didn't care if I ever stayed there again. My experience started over the phone and I really didn't think much of it at the time but it was consistent. Not sure if the management has changed recently but it was the hotel manager specifically, not the front desk. I hope it was just a bad day for her, but I'll be staying somewhere else when traveling to Reno.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
getcomfortable, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that you felt the customer service during your recent stay was not satisfactory. We always strive for great customer service and to make our guest feel at home. I am always open to suggestions and would love to hear from you if you would like to contact us directly regarding your stay. Kelly Frerking GM
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family of four has been staying at the Staybridge in Reno for several months now. I tend to be a little particular about things, and I cannot complain about much of anything here. The rooms are spacious and meet the needs of a family away from home- bathtub, stove, large fridge, all kitchen utensils required to make lunches and dinners, internet, good cable tv, dvd players, etc. The view of the mountains is amazing! The facility has a lovely pool and spa, free laundry (no quarters necessary!), a workout room (which is quite hot, and may be my only complaint), good little business center, a good common area/lobby, and (my favorite) the "backyard" area- this area is fully enclosed, has plenty of comfortable patio seating, and has bbq grills for guest use along with necessary utensils. Not only is the facility great and clean, but the staff are wonderful. Everyone from the handyman, to the breakfast cook, to the front desk staff are so friendly and accommodating. We had a leak in our room and had to move (which was a huge pain, but it happens), and the manager was so thoughtful she brought up a gift bag full of toys for the kids and a giftcard for dinner, just because of the inconvenience. This is the kind of personal service you will receive at this hotel. The breakfast has enough to meet just about anyone's needs. The social hour is nice for a light dinner and a beer. The wine leaves much to be desired, but if that's my only complaint...I am highly satisfied! I can buy my own bottle down the road at Total Wine! Overall, I highly recommend this facility for a clean and family friendly stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the backside of the hotel, the mountain views are lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Woodside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We (myself, wife and 10-year-old daughter) stay at either this hotel or the "twin" next door on Professional Circle (they're both under the same ownership group, just different brands) twice a year when my daughter has business in Reno. The hotel gets a slight nod over the near-identical place across the parking lot because of the suite option. For mom and dad to have a bedroom while a kid has a fold-out bed -- with an honest-to-god door in between them -- is a huge deal. The furnishings are all essentially new, with top-line televisions, etc. The beds are huge (with those gigantic down comforters and pillows you get lost in). The breakfast buffet is very welcome, as that's one less thing to go out for when we need to hit the road early in the morning. We've only had loud neighbors on one stay there out of perhaps six or seven visits. Be aware this is WELL south of downtown Reno. There are plenty of good restaurant options on the main drag (S. Virginia) though. If all you need is a place for dinner, you won't necessarily need to go all the way into downtown. (And if you ARE going into downtown, do yourself a huge favor and eat dinner at the Santa Fe Hotel. You'll thank me later.)

We will definitely return to this hotel. It has everything that's essential to us and nothing extraneous.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a child, the small amount to upgrade to a king suite is a good value.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the first time I've stayed in a Staybridge. I was astonished at the amenities, cleanliness, floor layout, and the staff responsiveness. The only thing I found lacking was the timeframe in which the rooms were cleaned daily (4:00). The facility offers daily breakfast and staff reception (dinner and beer) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Nice pool, jacuzzi, laundry facilities (gratis), and exercise room.

• Stayed May 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our new "go to" place in Reno. The rooms were spacious and the in room DVD players / free DVD rentals were great for the kids. The breakfast buffet was delish with a great selection and was always replenished. Having the fridge in the room allowed us to store snacks and water. I have three boys and do not like to stay in Casino Hotels since they constantly want to go down and play in the arcade. The location of the Staybridge is close to malls, restaurants and is only a short drive to the strip. The hotel was sold out but you couldn't tell. It was clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada? Share your experiences!