“Peppermill is our favorite get-a-way” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
nevada
“Peppermill is our favorite get-a-way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Local luxury, and even though we live in the area, to stay is total vacation, good food,spa/resturants/rooms are so nice and guest services is very accomodating, one night or 4, it's all GREAT! I had a great birthday;.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,389)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

i was quickly let down after having high expectations of the peppermill.

first, the standard room rates for the week i was staying (sunday - friday for work) were too high for the state of nevada per diem of $70/night so i asked a friend who is dating a VIP host if he could get the most current promo code to get the rate down low enough that i could stay there. fyi i was planning on giving the peppermill my service every time i went to reno for work, which was every two weeks for several months straight. i was told that the VIP host could NOT help me what so ever and that he does not get along with the regular reservation employees or the front desk in order to get promo codes. i thought this was a very bad first impression being that i ended up getting a lower rate just by calling the main reservation line. as a VIP host of a major competitor in the reno resort network, you are working at all times trying to get people to book rooms and spend money at your hotel rather than someone else’s. to tell someone you cannot help them because you don’t have a good relationship with the front desk and reservation line shows you are not that serious about your career in customer service for a major resort, period!

now comes my disappointment with the hotel itself... as i walked up to the check in counter i was confused by the "lanes" they have created in front of each desk employee sort of like the ones they have at a grocery store so everyone is trying to pick the one that looks like its going fastest because they DONT use fist come first serve method with a main line of people - odd! the good thing they have going for them is a kiosk to the side that allows you to check in without waiting in the line, as long as you don’t need to talk to anyone or request a specific room etc etc... i found out about it after someone in line pointed it out to me.

walking into my room (#1253) i quickly noticed how dated everything was except for the flat panel tv. the decor looked straight out of 1990 which automatically makes me think how dirty the carpet is and how old the bed is.... gross! looking over at the bed (king size) i see it has just two very flat pillows without any extra in the closet so i had to ask for more, which were just as flat and uncomfortable. when i reach for the tv remote i notice the cover to the batteries is missing so now i have to hold the batteries in to make it work (fyi the tv was very nice and newer). looking for a safe to put valuables while im away during the day, i realize there isn’t one... once again, odd.

now to the bathroom... first thing i noticed is the burned out light bulbs and strange soffit sort of tacky mirrored thing hanging about 6' above the floor over the sink. do they not want tall people to look in the mirror and possibly bang their head every time they brush their teeth?? also, the shower is like everything else, dated. it has the standard cheap 4" white tiles which are notorious for getting black mold stuff in the corners.... this one had a lot of it! can i say gross loud enough!? now i know the next items are somewhat petty but given the rest of my experience they just add to the lack of quality all around i observed. the soap was clearly very cheap and dried my skin out horribly and the towels were super rough and dry and sort of shed the little fibers all over your body so you're picking little white things off your face for a half hour after you get done drying off. like i said, individually, all these are pretty minor, but added up they equal a hotel that needs a lot of work. i have stayed at a crappy mom and pop motel in winnemucca that has this room beat hands down in every topic i've listed EXCEPT for the TV... pretty sad!

i will very gladly give another hotel my service for the remainder of my trips to reno!

ps i will give credit where it is due... the gym was very nice and i used it daily. i would say it was the best part of my stay for sure i think the couches they have in there would have been more comfortable than my bed!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I was told by a client, "Peppermill" You can't win anything there!" We could only stay for 1 night & LUCKILY, Peppermill was the only casino I could find that didn't require a 2 night stay. Check in was a breeze, Sweet Michelle said," your room isn't quite ready, but I can accomodate you on a different floor". Great! Total time from front door, stand in line, to room, 15 minutes. Oceana food was The Ultimate"! Make sure to get the rice pilaf no matter what else you order (Stuffed Prawns, yum). Entire staff, were courteous, friendly, helpful and most of them... funny! Oh... paid for the trip with our winnings and gave my Dad an 87th birthday to remember! Definitely be back when we can stay longer.

• Stayed March 2010
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

We really wanted the family package because we brought our kids with us to the Peppermill. Unfortunately they were sold out and they wouldn't give it to us. We went anyway and we were treated kindly by Laura at check-in. She was gracious to move us to the Tuscany Towers for a small fee, but that made all the difference. Our room had two king beds and a very nice bathroom. My kids loved the sunken tubs and the dual shower heads were very nice. I appreciated the magnified mirror and the vanity area so I could do my makeup. Our room was also overlooking the gorgeous pools. It was freezing outside the day we went, but their pools are heated nicely. The upper deck pool was closed when we went it looked perfect for small kids because it has a very shallow part that they could use. They only have one small hot tub, but they have plenty of room to have at least one more.
We ate at the Island Buffet for dinner. The food quality was not good at all compared to the buffet at the Silver Legacy or any other buffet for that matter. We also tried the coffee shop for breakfast. According to my husband the chicken fried steak was like rubber and my huevos rancheros were made with refried beans from a can and the guacamole was gross. As far as the casino, it is very dark and way too maze like. Plus, they don't even have wheel of fortune slots.
I walked into their boutique, I think it's called La Boutique, well the woman at the counter was not interested in making a sale. I wanted to look at and possibly buy a purse behind the counter, but I got no smile, no greeting and she walked away as soon as I approached her! Mind you there was nobody else in that snooty shop!
I can't rave about the casino or the food, but the pools and room are worth a try. I do want to return to try their spa. It looked nice.
I forgot to mention, the arcade at the Circus Circus is much better and cleaner for kids.
They do have free wi-fi (it's part of your resort fee) and there's a nice clean Walmart nearby and Starbucks.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Mt. Shasta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I just wanted to write you and let you know about our stay at your hotel. We usually stay a the Eldorado, but we stayed at the Peppermill hotel in one of the Tuscany suites during this visit. We also brought 5 other couples that also stayed in suites and all of us loved it. The staff was very professional and the rooms were awesome (we didn't do as well at the gambaling as the Peppermill did, but never really expect to). I will be staying at the Peppermill during our next visit to Reno do to the excellent service and overall experience. We go to Reno about 3 times a year and are looking forward to our next visit. Please extend our heart felt thanks to your staff.

• Stayed March 2010
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Went to the Peppermill last week. They put us in the Montago wing where we had to walk out in the snow to get back and forth to get to the main casino. I forgot my room key when I left that building and had to walk all the way around the hotel to get in. The elevator in that wing closed on us and we were injured.
There were huge vents outside the room that kept coming on and off all night, keeping us awake.
Waitress' were very rude and disrespectful. I dont care if I win or lose, as long as I am having fun but the staff there makes having fun impossible.
Food was horrible at the coffee shop and it takes forever to get your food. The buffet is alright as is the sports deli, I recommend eating at either of those two.
When sitting at the bar playing Keno, we kept having to kill cockroaches that were crawling on the bar.
We spent thousands there between the 3 couples that went but the casino staff would say things like "I wont bring you a drink because you dont have 10.00 in the machine". So we put in a 20.00 and by the time they got back, they would once again say you dont have enough in there to comp the drink. We gave up and ended up paying for all our drinks.
Games have bonus' that say they will pay out at a certain amount. they advertise that you can win them no matter how much you are betting. We noticed they ALWAYS went to people who were betting max.
They advertise lose slots but we won more in one day at the Atlantis then we did in 3 at the peppermill.
We ended up spending a day at the Atlantis casino, I wish we would have stayed there for our entire trip. Friendly staff, wonderful time.
I will never stay at the Peppermill again and I recommend you dont, do it either. go to the Atlantis, it is much friendlier.
I wish I could give it less than a one

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I wrote a review in 2005 about the Peppermill and their outdated rooms and wanted to write a new review after a recent stay in the new Tuscan Tower. The new tower is absolutely gorgeous! The centerpiece is a stunning heated outdoor pool with waterfall and it was amazing to see people swimming in the cold of December! They also added several lovely new restaurants, my personal favorite is Biscotti's, but the Tuscan Tower rooms are simply gorgeous. Very comfortable and quiet, the new tower feels worlds away from the smoke and noise of the casino, it's really wonderful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!