“Outstanding in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Berne N.Y.
“Outstanding in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

Stayed at the Peppermill Aug. 24th - Aug 29th . Traveled with my wife and two teens. Room was clean and large enough for the 4 of us. Check in took about 2 minutes with my requested view granted quickly.
We had most of our meals at the ' Coffee Shop " and found the service, food and prices excellent.
14 different bars were alot of fun to check out ,with bartenders very friendly . Poker room is one of the best I have seen, Sports Book is large with plenty of T.V.s . Parking is close and with a 3 minute walk I'm in my room unlike some vegas hotels where you walk forever to your room. Overall I loved this place and will return here again . I've stayed in Reno at the Atlantis and Silver Legacy , both were nice but i'll take the Peppermill over both . In fact I prefer Reno and the Peppermill over Bloated Las Vegas anyday.

3,828 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,224)
Cedar Rapids, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

My boyfriend and I did not stay at the Peppermill, so I can't review the casino/hotel, but I have to rave about its fabulous Italian restaurant , the Romanza.

We stayed at Circus Circus Reno on Friday August 13, 2004, and fled from the noisy family chaos there in search of some fine dining. We found this at the Romanza. Tucked away in a corner of the Peppermill Casino, we found a sanctuary of fine wine, fantastic food, and superb service.

The restaurant is small, with only about two tables per wait person. It is beautifully decorated with satin wall curtains, a rotating statue, and flaming sconces. Our waiter was incredibly friendly and attentive-- gave us an excellent wine recommendation. And the food... oh, the food. From the appetizers of mushroom stuffed pasta and breads with three dipping sauces, to a decadent tomato bisque soup, to our entrees, we were in heaven. I had a halibut with fennel, carrots and potatoes backed in parchment-- which made it incredibly tender and flaky. We were too full to try the desserts, but they looked incredible.

The atmosphere was classy and intimate. And the prices were very reasonable-- we spent just a bit over $100 for two, which included appetizers, a full bottle of wine, and after dinner drinks.

I highly recommend this restaurant to those who long for a night of class and sophistication.

Stayed August 2004
Saugus, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

After reading some review's here, I was unsure if I should stay at the Peppermill, however, it turned out to be OK. The room was right out of 70's Vegas, with mirrors all around, but it was clean and quiet! Check in was quick. I had reserved a non-smoking room, and when I arrived, none were available, but the room didn’t smell bad.
One word of advice...Don't drop a cent in their casino. Those may have been the tightest slots I have ever experienced, and I was not alone. I heard several other slot players grumbling! I've had better luck on Cruise Ships!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

In the last three years I've done Vegas five times, Biloxi, Atlantic City, Vicksburg (Harrah's) and Reno four times. The Peppermill is not the best Casino Hotel I've stayed in, but having said that, it ranks among my favorites. The rooms in the tower are nice and spacious. I'd heard enough to know to avoid the older motel-like lodge. I liked being able to watch the caberet entertainment on the TV in the room. The 24 hour coffee shop has a big menu featuring a wide range of cuisine. The other dining options are numerous and decent. Finding a place to drink is not a problem here either. You have to take off your shoes to have enough available digits to count all of them. Service was quick and attentive. I will return.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2004

Stayed at the Peppermill June 6-11. Had a very good time, and don't have any complaints about the place. Room was very clean, check-in and out was quick and painless. The 24 hour coffee shop rocks! Nice big portions that won't make your wallet commit financial suicide. Cocktail waitresses were fast and friendly. Pool left a bit to be desired, but what do you expect with loads of people using it each day? Neon began to overload the eyes toward the end, but all in all, when we decide to come back to Reno, we will stay here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2004

Haven't even seen the rooms because we get free rooms elsewhere (Sands is our favorite, followed by Harrah's), but if you're over 55 years of age, you're crazy to eat anywhere else for lunch, Mon. thru Fri. !! Get their club card (free, of course) and if you're over 55, it'll have "55+" on it and lunch will only cost you about $5.30 apiece for two... and that's for the best buffet (although Atlantis' buffet is damned near as good!) in Reno. Shrimp every day, roast beef or prime rib, shrimp scampi, great chicken dishes, Chinese dishes, Mexican dishes, nice salads, ripe melon, 3 good soups, good desserts and hand-scooped ice cream and in a terriffic atmosphere.

The line is often long since nearly every senior in Reno eats there during the week. I kid you not... we'd eat there almost as often even without the 2-for-1 deal (but don't tell THEM that!)

• Stayed February 2005
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2004

We just returned from Reno, Nevada and a stay at the Peppermill. This hotel is the most relaxing and fun hotel we have stayed at including some of the finest hotels in the world. The customer service is the best we've experienced, the restaurants outstanding and moderately priced, the casino just plain fun. The only area that I would have liked to be better was the pool which was great for kids but not up to the standard of many of the Vegas hotels. If we even looked confused or needing help the employees would volunteer to assist with a smile on their face. The Peppermill has their act together in providing a wonderful stay for their guests.

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Peppermill Resort Spa Casino

Address: 2707 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Luxury Hotel in Reno
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Reno
#1 Spa Hotel in Reno
#1 Casino Hotel in Reno
#1 Romantic Hotel in Reno
#2 Business Hotel in Reno
#2 Family Hotel in Reno
Hotel Class:4 star — Peppermill Resort Spa Casino 4*
Awarded the prestigious AAA Four Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence, the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno, Nevada offers a first-class experience as well as upscale amenities that create an unforgettable stay. Peppermill offers 1635 guest rooms, including 600 lavishly appointed suites, 10 award-winning restaurants, 16 bars and lounges, two geothermally heated resort pools, the three-story Spa Toscana, and free live entertainment or dancing until the wee hours in Reno's hottest nightspot, EDGE. Custom-made, double pillow-top mattresses, 42" high-definition LCD TVs and media hubs are all featured in our guest rooms, and complimentary premium Wi-Fi is available for all hotel guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Peppermill Resort Spa Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Peppermill Hotel Reno

If you own or manage Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.