“Great resort with an Italian flair” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Peppermill Flight Program
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great resort with an Italian flair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Peppermill resort and spa in Reno, although difficult to fly into and out of Reno, once there the resort is well worth it.
The rooms are beautifully done and the large marble baths are opulent.
There are numerous restaurants to choose from.
Chi offers high end Asian cuisine and the meal was pricey but great.
Oceano offers an all you can eat sushi option. I had a fabulous and fresh spicy tuna and avocado tower. They offer an extensive wine list.
The Terrace Lounge offers a happy hour and small plates special from 4-7. The flat bread pizza had canned sauce on it so I sent it back. The waitress gladly removed it from my bill and replaced it with my choice. I had the lettuce wrap and it was prepared perfectly.
There is also a steakhouse and an Italian restaurant on the premises. Romanzo, the Italian restaurant was closed Monday and Tuesday.
The grounds are beautiful, a full gym with steam room and sauna are a welcomed amenity. Although it was cool in November the out door pools were open and heated to a comfortable temperature.
Enjoy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,319)
Lusk, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our daughter was with us when we stayed at the Reno Peppermill on Nov 4th. She had hung her vest in the closet when we arrived & we forgot it. She missed it this AM as we were unpacking and it was her favorite. My husband & I travel quite often through Reno & have left a few items over the years at different places along the way and have NEVER had anything identified or returned. Thus...we highly commend "Marty" for his assistance AND your staff member/members for their honesty to turn it in. I had an e-mail response within minutes of going to your web site that it was sent AND w/o cost of S&H! Thank you SO much. We will obviously be returning again & again as we travel to & from SF area to visit family! Brenda Pfister

Room Tip: #869 was VERY comfortable and rates in cleanliness as one of the 2 that we have had in the past. Cle...
Green Features: We have noticed the filtering of smoke has improved which means much to me!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We love to hear when our guests have had a great experience at the Peppermill, so thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Our team members strive to deliver Four Diamond service on a daily basis so that each guest is well taken care of during their stay. I am very pleased that Marty was able to return your lost item to you. He is one of our outstanding employees and I will be sure he is recognized for his proactive service.

Thank you again for your feedback and it is wonderful to see that you received the exceptional service that we are proud to deliver. We look forward to seeing you back at the Peppermill soon.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence
West Linn, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights 5 days for a conference. Not much within walking distance, so we were not going far or exploring off the property!

If you can look past the neon lighting of the casino, the hotel is very nice. Rooms were very large, plenty of room, though if you bring anything back from the restaurants there is NO room in the fridge to keep it. The gym is large with free weights, machines, elipticals, treadmills, bikes, a small studio space, sauna and steam sauna. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, our preference was Oceano. If you are more of a "greens" person, their salads seemed to be the best. Mixed greens (other resturants were mainly iceberg), and plenty of toppings depending on which salad you order. Even the "house" salad is good! We took it "to go" for the plane ride home.

Although we never went into the pool, it did look very inviting. We were good students for our conference, therefore did not spend time in the gaming area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Last week, I stayed at the Peppermill for the first time on my return home from a trip to San Francisco. Although Reno seemed a little down-and-out compared to most destinations, the hotel made up for it by being comfortable and inviting. The staff in particular were very friendly and helpful in a number of ways. For example, the cashier at Island Buffet invited me to look at the food before buying, and the gentleman that served me in Biscotti asked repeatedly over breakfast if I needed more coffee, which I really appreciated after waking up a little too early. I stayed in the Tuscany Tower, and my room was much less kitsch and more comfortable than I expected after looking at pictures of the place. The bed was comfortable, and everything was spotlessly clean. Beware, however, that some suites apparently do not have a bathtub, so you may need to request one if you need it. Also, the "suite" was just a large room with a sitting area and entry hall, but it was still very nice and worth the weekday rate I paid. The restaurants I ate in (Island/Biscotti's) had decent fare, although some items at the buffet could have been better, particularly the desserts and Mexican food. I would recommend just ordering a decent meal at Biscotti's instead. Just a couple of things to note about Reno if you haven't been: most of the town is run down with old motels scattered about, and the target market of the casinos seems to be the traditional gaming set and not the casual tourist. As a result, you will find more smoke than usual, and the place may seem a little chintzy, but the Peppermill does a great job of ventilating the place and making it comfortable. Overall, I give this place a 5 because of the attitude of the staff and the efforts made to make the Tuscany Tower a place worth staying in.

Room Tip: I would pay extra for the Tuscany Tower if you can afford to do so.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. From your profile, I can tell that you are an avid traveler and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are extremely proud of the exceptional service levels that our team delivers on a daily basis. They work very hard to ensure that all of our guests feel completely welcomed and relaxed during their stay. I will be sure to forward your comments to our leadership team.

Our Tuscany Tower is very popular among our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations. We frequently receive positive feedback regarding the quality and luxurious feel of the rooms. I am glad that you had a wonderful dining experience at both the Island Buffet and Biscotti’s as well. Our Executive Chef puts tremendous effort into continually creating and improving the items that are served in each dining outlet.

Thank you again for your excellent feedback and we hope to see you back at the Peppermill in the near future.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence
sf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were here last Winter with family. Rooms were redone, amneties were nice. We were updated to a suite for free when we asked.
The Shower was a O2 pressure shower and bathroom had Valencia Orange flavored Soaps etc.

Room Tip: ask for a free room upgrade
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Nevada, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Tuscany Tower suites were excellent. It was nice to have a separate check in desk. No fridge though. Only a fridge with drinks that you pay for so you couldnt store your own items in it as well. We called to make reservations at Bimini Steak house and they were very polite and friendly.The food and the service was amazing! I would recommend a room above the 6th floor if you would like some quiet. We could hear musisc from Edge and the bars along with a lot of people coming and going from their rooms. The view was nice. We ate breakfast at Biscotti's and the food was excellent. The waiter wasn't as attentive as I would have liked. He didnt refill my coffee or even ask if I wanted a refill. Overall it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 6th floor if you would like some quiet and don't want to hear the music fro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
North Fork, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Peppermill Resort has it all, the room we had in Tuscany Suite was beyond description of words, everything we needed was there for us. The restaurants service was impeccably, everyone was friendly, helpful and courteous to us. Definitely will come back here and stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!