“Nice room, decent restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice room, decent restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was actually in Reno on a business trip but someone recommended this place to me. I got a King Suite (good price) and the room was AWESOME. The bathtub was so big I could actually float in it (admittedly I am short but STILL!!) and the bathtub was in the main room so I could watch a movie while soaking and sipping wine. That was quite heavenly after a busy work day. the bed was big and comfortable, the amenities in general were very nice. The shower stall in the bathroom was incredibly loud - it was big and doubled as a steam room (I did not try this) and the water echoed in there so much when I was done my ears were ringing... but it was a nice shower otherwise. I could hear people in the hallways but except for one man trying to apparently wake up someone who locked him out, it wasn't a problem.

This place in general is quite nice. The pool area looked beautiful (I was not able to take advantage of it). All staff I interacted with were very friendly. The casino had plenty to offer and was quite large. It could be a little bit like a maze though, I had to consult the map a few times. I ate in the seafood restaurant (Oceana I think?) that had a whimsical decor and decent food. I've had better seafood but this was a good meal. Breakfast upstairs (forget the name of that restaurant) was not bad. My first day I was very hungry and between meal times and just went to the pub for fish and chips - a bit greasy but typical pub grub I guess.

My only complaint is that everywhere the lighting very dim - so much so I found it difficult to read. I understand they do that in casino's but it was REALLY dim. I have been in others that were not quite so bad!! Also it was really smoky but that is a casino thing - there IS a non-smoking gambling room.
I recommend this place - it has everything you need in one stop - casino, restaurants, pool, spa, great room and great price!!!

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms but if you get a suite with a whirlpool tub you will not be disappo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,442)
Stockton, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our stay was in the regular tower rooms. We have also stayed in the Tuscany
suites. The main difference is the bathroom. The Tuscany is larger and has a separate water closet. The restaurants were outstanding. Have not had a bad meal at the Peppermill yet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
salt lake city, ut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in the main tower (a little more expensive than the north tower but the TA reviews scared me off). Comfortable. I had my son with me. We weren't there to gamble, so I can't comment on the casino. The pool was nice. We ate at one of the onsite restaurants. Food wasn't that great. Probably not my best choice for a family stop over. Be aware there is a 'resort fee' that is tacked on to your bill.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We got a good rate in the North Tower at the Peppermill, and I know why. There was a 15min. confusing walk from our car to our room, and we did that hike over and over again! Our room was somewhat cramped and smelled of an ashtray the entire 5 nights (casino hotel, I guess). (I think all the positive reviews are from people who stayed in the NEW Tuscany Towers!) On a positive note, the pool area was very nice, and we liked the restaurants and pleasant service. However, the service at 'All you can Eat Sushi' at Oceania was TERRIBLE! It was tasty, the sushi just took a looooong time getting to us (NOT a good thing w.a hungry teenage boy!). If you go to there, sit at the sushi bar!! Most likely we won't be returning to Reno, Vegas is much better~

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit. Thank you for staying at the Peppermill during your trip to Reno. We are sorry to hear that your trip was less than perfect.

Also, our apologies that your room was not up to your expectation. In the future, I would love for you to experience the rooms in our Peppermill or Tuscany tower. These rooms are extremely luxurious. Usually the North tower rooms are geared towards more economical pricing or if guests would like the ease of having their cars parked in close proximity to the room. With the North tower rooms, there is parking very close to the rooms so the guests do not need to utilize Valet or the parking garage if they would like to be near their cars.

If possible, I would like to speak with you regarding your Oceano experience. We take feedback to heart at the Peppermill so we can continually improve our operation. We want all our guests to leave the Peppermill with the feeling of complete enjoyment during their visit. I have sent you a personal message through Trip Advisor with my contact information. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best regards,

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence
Rocky Point, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room in the Tuscany Towers was absolutely delightful. The décor was eye-popping (in a good way) and the bathroom was big enough for a small cocktail party. The first impression is a little overwhelming - crowded lobby and some confusing signage. Things got better as soon as we got to the room. We opted for cocktails at the Terrace Lounge and ate at Café Biscotti one night and the Island Buffet the second night. The more formal dining venues looked wonderful but we went the much more casual route. The casino was OK. I've liked others better and found some of the areas way too dark but I did get decent play. The hotel was recommended to us by friends to stay here exclusively when in Reno a number of times each year and I can understand why.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lodi, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant and enjoyed ourselves. The room was very clean and compfortable. Service within the casino and hotel was very good. The apperance of the casino and the hotel was inviting and would recommend to friends and family. This is a beautiful place to stay. The food was exellent and employees were pleasant .

Room Tip: five dollars
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fortuna, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed in the Tuscany Tower. Paid a little more than the 2 older towers but would highly advise spending the extra money...well worth it. Room was beautiful with an extra large soaking jetted tub and huge beautiful walk-in shower with 2 shower heads. When you come out of the elevator, there is a large bar and the swimming pools are right there...no walking through casino in swimsuits! Outside bar with servers at the pool. When we checked in, the line was very long. There was a separate checkin for the Tuscany Tower that only took a few minutes...we were treated like VIP guests the whole stay. All employees were well trained on customer service and were great. Highly recommend staying if you just want to lay around the pool and relax or if you want to play games. There are so many eating options that we never left the resort. Great restaurants and fun games.

Room Tip: Stay in Tuscany Tower. Were on 6th floor...very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. We take great pride in the quality of our property. Also, we believe we have the friendliest employees in Reno working on our team.

I will make sure to pass along your comments to our leadership. We are glad you enjoyed the Tuscany Tower. These rooms are extremely popular with our guests. Also, thank you for sharing your photos. Our numerous pools and hot tubs are the best place in Reno to spend a summer afternoon.

Thanks again for your excellent feedback and hope you can join us again at the Peppermill in the near future.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!