“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Stockton, California, Usa
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our stay was in the regular tower rooms. We have also stayed in the Tuscany
suites. The main difference is the bathroom. The Tuscany is larger and has a separate water closet. The restaurants were outstanding. Have not had a bad meal at the Peppermill yet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

3,844 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,233)
salt lake city, ut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in the main tower (a little more expensive than the north tower but the TA reviews scared me off). Comfortable. I had my son with me. We weren't there to gamble, so I can't comment on the casino. The pool was nice. We ate at one of the onsite restaurants. Food wasn't that great. Probably not my best choice for a family stop over. Be aware there is a 'resort fee' that is tacked on to your bill.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We got a good rate in the North Tower at the Peppermill, and I know why. There was a 15min. confusing walk from our car to our room, and we did that hike over and over again! Our room was somewhat cramped and smelled of an ashtray the entire 5 nights (casino hotel, I guess). (I think all the positive reviews are from people who stayed in the NEW Tuscany Towers!) On a positive note, the pool area was very nice, and we liked the restaurants and pleasant service. However, the service at 'All you can Eat Sushi' at Oceania was TERRIBLE! It was tasty, the sushi just took a looooong time getting to us (NOT a good thing w.a hungry teenage boy!). If you go to there, sit at the sushi bar!! Most likely we won't be returning to Reno, Vegas is much better~

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit. Thank you for staying at the Peppermill during your trip to Reno. We are sorry to hear that your trip was less than perfect.

Also, our apologies that your room was not up to your expectation. In the future, I would love for you to experience the rooms in our Peppermill or Tuscany tower. These rooms are extremely luxurious. Usually the North tower rooms are geared towards more economical pricing or if guests would like the ease of having their cars parked in close proximity to the room. With the North tower rooms, there is parking very close to the rooms so the guests do not need to utilize Valet or the parking garage if they would like to be near their cars.

If possible, I would like to speak with you regarding your Oceano experience. We take feedback to heart at the Peppermill so we can continually improve our operation. We want all our guests to leave the Peppermill with the feeling of complete enjoyment during their visit. I have sent you a personal message through Trip Advisor with my contact information. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best regards,

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence
Rocky Point, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room in the Tuscany Towers was absolutely delightful. The décor was eye-popping (in a good way) and the bathroom was big enough for a small cocktail party. The first impression is a little overwhelming - crowded lobby and some confusing signage. Things got better as soon as we got to the room. We opted for cocktails at the Terrace Lounge and ate at Café Biscotti one night and the Island Buffet the second night. The more formal dining venues looked wonderful but we went the much more casual route. The casino was OK. I've liked others better and found some of the areas way too dark but I did get decent play. The hotel was recommended to us by friends to stay here exclusively when in Reno a number of times each year and I can understand why.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lodi, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant and enjoyed ourselves. The room was very clean and compfortable. Service within the casino and hotel was very good. The apperance of the casino and the hotel was inviting and would recommend to friends and family. This is a beautiful place to stay. The food was exellent and employees were pleasant .

Room Tip: five dollars
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fortuna, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed in the Tuscany Tower. Paid a little more than the 2 older towers but would highly advise spending the extra money...well worth it. Room was beautiful with an extra large soaking jetted tub and huge beautiful walk-in shower with 2 shower heads. When you come out of the elevator, there is a large bar and the swimming pools are right there...no walking through casino in swimsuits! Outside bar with servers at the pool. When we checked in, the line was very long. There was a separate checkin for the Tuscany Tower that only took a few minutes...we were treated like VIP guests the whole stay. All employees were well trained on customer service and were great. Highly recommend staying if you just want to lay around the pool and relax or if you want to play games. There are so many eating options that we never left the resort. Great restaurants and fun games.

Room Tip: Stay in Tuscany Tower. Were on 6th floor...very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Director_Peppermill, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to the Peppermill. We take great pride in the quality of our property. Also, we believe we have the friendliest employees in Reno working on our team.

I will make sure to pass along your comments to our leadership. We are glad you enjoyed the Tuscany Tower. These rooms are extremely popular with our guests. Also, thank you for sharing your photos. Our numerous pools and hot tubs are the best place in Reno to spend a summer afternoon.

Thanks again for your excellent feedback and hope you can join us again at the Peppermill in the near future.

Scott Evans
Executive Director of Service Excellence
San Lorenzo, CA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We always enjoy our stay there. The rooms, the restaurants, the good service, and our new discovery: the Fitness Center. All the great equipment, couches to read the latest papers in, and much more free to the guests. We also enjoy the pools and surroundings. The last time we were there in June, I called the hotel as I had left some personal items in the room. Marty Babione, an officer of the Lost and Found let me know that they had my things, and would send them to me. He was so nice, and said they would pay for the shipping. I was delighted with his attention to my problem, and the excellent service. I received the package in a few days. Thank you, Mr. Babione

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!