“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Reno. It's big and gaudy and pretty much what I expected it would be. There is a free airport shuttle to and from the airport that was convenient and efficient. The hotel isn't too far from the airport, but is a bit inconveniently located for other things such as restaurants and shopping. There isn't much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel and trying to find a coffee shop proved impossible. But for the most part, (like in most of these hotel/casinos) you can survive just fine without ever venturing outdoors. Not really my scene, but I still had a good stay while on business.

I checked in while it was not yet too busy and it was quick and efficient, though coming down through the lobby later, the check in line appeared to be a bit long and chaotic. This may have been because there were several events in addition to the conference taking place.

My room was very comfortable and I had a great sleep each night. I had just a regular room in the Peppermill tower. I used the fitness center which was well equipped and you got a free bottle of water as you entered. Also ate at a few of the restaurants. The best in my opinion was Oceano, which had surprisingly good sushi.

My only complaint is that this hotel and casino complex is huge and it is very easy to get lost. It's also easy to spend the entire day inside and never needing to go outdoors. After a day of being inside for the conference, I absolutely had to go outside and get some fresh air and sunlight. However, as I mentioned at the start of my review, there really isn't anywhere to go within walking distance. So I walked around the parking lot and then went back in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,343)
Pittsburg, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Keep the quality of services, cleanliness.,the security and food service provided and all the entire resort you provided us and the others guest that visit your hotel.
My wife and me we plan to return soon .thank you for all your attention.

Truckee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I regularly visit the Peppermill Reno with my husband, sometimes my family, or even with girlfriends. I am never disappointed with the staff, facilities, rooms, restaurants, gaming, entertainment and amenities. The Peppermill Reno has customer service that rivals 4 and 5 diamond resorts, the rooms are luxurious, the casino and entertainment clean and enjoyable, the restaurants ( all of them!) are exceptional. Keep up the great work Peppermill. We will keep coming back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Graham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

typical Vegas/Reno type casino hotel. Instead of charging a room rate, they offer a rate then tack on a "spa fee" of $15 then tax that also. Rooms are descent but dimly lit, especially the bathrooms. Bed pillows were probably obtained from a closed hotel located in Virginia City in the late 1800's. Extremely overpriced products (water, alcohol, snacks) in the rooms and if you pick up the item for over 45 seconds, it automatically charges to your room. Refrigerators advertised in the rooms are for their "for sale" products and absolutely no room for personal items. So, if you need to store items like insulin, etc., you're in trouble. Overall, okay but nothing spectacuar, would use a standard hotel next time in Reno.

Room Tip: obtain a fresh breathe of air before entering as it is very smoky as you pass through the casino are...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Peppermill as your place to stay in Reno. We’re sorry that our resort fee was not clearly explained to you upon making your reservation. This fee of $12 (yes, it is taxed another $1.56) covers a wide range of amenities that we provide for all of our guests that stay at our resort. Some of these include our high speed WIFI service along with access to our “internet cafes” and business center, airport shuttle service, valet or indoor self parking, access to our 6,600 square ft. fitness center including our resort pools, in room coffee, all local and 800 calls, concierge services, and $10 off for a day pass in our award winning Spa Toscana. All in all this is a small fee for what we feel is a nice bundle of offerings.

We provide a down alternative pillow in our guest rooms as we have found this to be a favorite by most of our hotel guests. Please give housekeeping a jingle if you would like to choose from a variety of other pillows that we can provide to you. Our snack tray and mini bar offerings provide a quick and easy snack for our guests that do not want to make a trip down to our gift shop or resort bars in order to have a quick bite or drink. We do have medical refrigerators available for your use. Please let the front desk know upon check in and we will make one of these available for your use.

We have made great progress in reducing the smoke smell throughout our casino. We have also established a nice new non smoking slot section for those that prefer to be completely away from our smoking guests. We hope you enjoyed the better part of your visit with us and that someday you will return and stay us again.
Crescent Lake, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had an easy time finding this place never being to Reno before. The staff was friendly. The rooms were a little dingy despite being newly remodeled. But very cozy bed and well stocked mini bar and snacks. The casino in the hotel was really fun and some nice shops and and places to eat inside. The only bad thing I would say is that the rooms themselves were very confusing to find at first. We had to take multiple elevator trips up and down different towers and through different cooridors, a gps would have been helpful....seriouslly. Fun place to stay, would go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you want one, we got stuck looking into an alley...
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have stayed in just about all the hotels in Reno and the Peppermill is by far the best! They offer amazingly quiet rooms for when I am working but also a great place to kick back when I am not. I love the Tuscany towers because they have fabulous bathrooms with walk in showers, a jetted tub and it's own TV. Sounds silly but it is great when you are trying to catch something but have to get ready.

They also have the best room service. Great soups, a fantastic club and hands down one of the best ice cream sundae's ever! If I want to venture out of the room take out from the 24 hour diner is great. I love the pad Thai there. Also Bemini is also great but definitely on the pricey side.

The only down side is that you can't use the mini fridge for personal items because it is stocked with hotel goodies.

Overall it makes my work trips feel more like a getaway than work!

Room Tip: The Tuscan towers have the best rooms and are absolutely worth the little extra.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights and had a great experience with the entire staff from valet to check out. Everyone here seems to take guest satisfaction personally. Had great meals and loved the lounges for music and a glass of wine at night. Went to the spa on Thursday and cannot say enough about the amenities and staff, wonderful relaxing day! Spa was clean, we'll stocked with towels, refreshments and amenities and totally RELAXING! I had a facial and thought the pieces were very reasonable for the level of service and atmosphere. I'd go again in a second. Stop looking and book this hotel, it's a gem.

Stayed December 2012

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!