“Fantastic rooms, so-so staff friendliness” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Fantastic rooms, so-so staff friendliness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The most memorable thing about my stay was the room: Comfortable with a capital "C"! I have stayed in dozens and dozens of hotels, and the carpet was the single best feeling ever - better quality than any home I've had! Strange that carpet should stand out, but most hotels have industrial-grade for high traffic use, but the Peppermill rooms were fantastic - wanted to roll around on it! silly, I know, but... The beds were equally comfortable, soft yet firm, and a very clean, solid feel to everything. Staff: a little challenging at times, had some issues with their friendliness from time to time. Restaurant staff in Biscotti's, however, were fantastic - constantly checking on me, how the food was, etc. Very friendly and helpful. One of the bars, the Terrace Lounge, was the opposite: borderline rude bartenders, slow service; one night when the bar was nearly full, the bartender announced last call at midnight - - when certainly he could and should have kept it open longer, with a crowd like that. oy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,439)
Pacifica, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to the Peppermill this weekend and had a great time. The Spa was incredible, and the room was large and clean. This hotel staff was pleasant. The Hotel is beautiful, you really don't need to go anywhere else as they have everything to offer, nice resturants and a great casino, a nice lounge and night club. I would definitely go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mariposa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

love the Tuscany Towers. Stayed in a room with the hot tub...enjoyed the Island buffet and the pool. Also enjoyed the spa services(massage). The spa was my favorite! Although this hotel is away from the main strip, it has everything...there are two pool areas and they are nice with the fountains and oranate designs.... it almost feels that you are in Europe.... The pool on the lower deck has a waterfall that spashes every so often...it was fun for the younger ones...A nice hotel to unwind...or gamble....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Renton, Wa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Peppermill was the first place I stayed in Reno many years ago. My first return trip November 2012 was stunning. No trace of the resort hotel I enjoyed years before was obvious, the name yes. I used the spa, ate at their reastaurants and gambled too. It was a really relaxing time. I can't think of anything that I wanted the hotel could not provide. Very nice room on a package deal. Great spa and wonderful spa employees. Thanks Peppermill, great job!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tiburon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a long ago guest returning for a business meeting I can tell you the Peppermill is really gone upscale, but not in price. Try this super location, lovely rooms, great spa and nice restaurants for your next weekend jaunt to Reno.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 4 days at a conference in this hotel. I made the mistake of indicating no preference if the room was smoking or not. After one terrible night I had to move to a nonsmoking section and I am not sure all the smell is out of my pores. The next room was heaven so if you are a non smoker be warned.
This is a big hotel and the conference rooms reminded me of being in a corn maze. There were no windows or doors to help one navigate. It seems silly but it really did bother me. There were plenty of signs to help in finding the ultimate destination but it was not pleasant, nor relaxing. Staff were robotic. I got locked out of the stinky smoke room twice and had to wait in the stinky hall for the stinky security guy to get in the room. He acted like he did me a favor. He didn't. Great location and food was fine.Efficient shuttle service to airport got me gone with a smile.

Room Tip: If you are alergic to smoke smell be forewarned.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you, uiguy, for posting a review for us. We are sorry to hear that you had such an undesirable experience with the smoke you smelled in our resort. We have made great strides in eliminating smoke in our hotel towers along with all of our conference areas. We have recently eliminated smoking in all of the areas outside of the casino and we are installing state of the art air handling equipment to purify the air throughout our entire resort. Occasionally we may have the inconsiderate person that believes they can smoke outside of our casino and we are all doing our best to approach these individuals and remind them of our designated smoking areas.

As you mention, we are a large resort and we have created unique meeting venues in several different areas with the intent of having many varieties of meeting spaces available for all varieties of needs. We have placed signage throughout all of these areas that are strategically placed to make sure that every section of our resort is well described and all directions of travel are explicitly defined. We’re sorry that this was still confusing to navigate for you.

We’re glad to hear that you were pleased with our location and that you found our food enjoyable. Hopefully someday you will return to see us again and have a much more memorable experience.
Long Beach, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

excellent place , great value , terrific sports book .hope to retturn very very soon. theservice , the foof , the people all great .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peppermill Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!