“Very good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Reno
Utah
“Very good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Booked through Priceline bid ($22 plus taxes) for a Sunday night stay. Add in the $11 resort fee and taxes and the total was $43. For what we paid, I was very pleased. Our room was in the Virginia tower 9th floor, which I believe has the older, smaller rooms. The room had a full size bed, which was a bit small for the two of us, and the view wasn't great. Room and bathroom however was very clean. The vent/air was rather noisy, so we turned it off for the night. Again, for what the room cost I wasn't complaining. Had I paid the full rate, I would have expected to be in a larger rooms with a king size bed and a better view. Parking was free and getting to the room was simple. We ate at the Brew Brothers restaurant, which we did enjoy.

For the most part, I value cleanliness and $ amount spent pretty high and this one fit the bill just fine. If you can get the low rate (probably only available Sun-Thrs) and can deal with the small bed, I'd recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The El Dorado is our favorite casino in Reno. It is located in the heart of downtown, and just a block and a half from the Reno Events Center. The staff throughout the casino are very nice, and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms and public areas are always clean. We love the Centro bar which features freshly squeezed juices. Unlike some other casinos, they offer premium liquor when you get complementary cocktails if you are gambling.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lemoore, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here on a Thursday night at the end of our 25th anniversary trip around Lake Tahoe. I booked us a king spa suite. I could not believe how beautiful this room was! It was exactly like the picture. We had a corner room on the 10th floor with a jacuzzi spa in the bedroom, a huge king size 4 post bed, the tv was in a cabinet that popped out when you hit the switch. There was a steam shower, a huge dressing area with 2 sinks and a vanity for the ladies. We could have stayed the whole 24 hours in that room without leaving. It was very romantic. Room service was fantastic. I don't think I can put into words how awesome this place was. My wife said she felt like a princess.
There are many good restaurants down in the casino for your choosing. We only had a coffee and something called "suicide pie" at the coffee shop. We tried the slots for a while and lost $100 very quickly so we walked over to the Siliver Legacy which is connected to this casino. We did much better there. We came out ahead at the end of the night. The resort fees weren't so bad. I think it was like $8 per night. It was all well worth it. Because we stayed on a Thursday night, we got this suite at a price of $159. I will definately be back!

Room Tip: If you go during the week, pay the extra money for a suite. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had made reservations to spend 2 nights at the El Dorado in Reno, but when I got the confirmation, I was to pay more for the resort tax and the other assorted taxes than I was willing to pay. So I cancelled my Reno trip out of protest, and until Reno and Las Vegas reconsider these high taxes on the tourists, I will not be spending any of my money in their cities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

As a disclaimer, I am not a fan of casinos, and I was there for a business trip.

The place is a bit old, it needs some renovation. My room was kind of dirty, and I found a very smelly sandwich in my fridge (probably left there by previous guests). Perhaps, invest some more money, and get a suite.

The restaurants inside the hotel are extremely good, thumbs up! Sleeping quality is good, I could not hear my neighbors.

Be careful when you make a reservation: they make you pay $8 per day more when you arrive, in order to have some basic amenities.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MeganFinn, Manager at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Response from Whitney G. of Eldorado Hotel Casino Reno on 2/24/14
On behalf of the Eldorado Hotel Casino, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments. We appreciate your candid concerns as well as your patronage. We realize that all of our guests deserve nothing less than to receive superior service and the ultimate in dining entertainment and lodging needs. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your needs. This was unacceptable and we have spoken with our Housekeeping manager to ensure that there is better communication & training with our staff in regards to areas that need improvement - or areas that may have been missed! Again, we are sincerely sorry and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Eldorado Hotel Casino
Reno, Nevada
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

But I really hate the resort fee, especially during the winter, Room was great. Very comfy bed. The casino was fun with really loose slots. Service at the front desk, not so great. It would be nice if they would volunteer a little information on where to catch a cab. All in all, they seemed confused most of the time. Also, you need to be aware of the fact that the recession hit Reno hard so downtown, where this casino/hotel is located, is pretty darn sad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had a great experience at the El Dorado Hotel and Casino. I left $65 ahead so I did not hit the big one, but what a nice experience. My room was very clean and great value. The restaurants at the El Dorado were very nice and also a good value. The elevators always had a security guard present so I felt very safe. I would give the El Dorado my highest recommendation and I will for sure go back again.

Room Tip: I was in room 1403 which faced the mountains to the west. I did enjoy the view of the snow covered...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reno
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Whitney Peak Hotel
#9 of 66 in Reno
4.0 of 5 stars 706 reviews
The Sands Regency Casino Hotel

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!