“Best Downtown Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sacramento, California
“Best Downtown Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Eldorado is the best hotel/casino in the downtown area of Reno with the Silver Legacy being the close second. I have stayed at both of these hotels several times for both business and personal trips. Great variety of restaurants from fine dining to the buffet to fast food - all good! The value for the price paid is excellent. The location is in the heart of downtown one block from the Events Center.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
northern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

e love the ElDorado. You can count on it to have the cleanest and nicest rooms, and just overall top comfort. The staff is outstanding. Everyone is so very helpful. The hotel rooms and casino are the cleanest and you feel very safe. Wouldn't stay anywhere else and we have tried them all!

Room Tip: If you like a suite, 1920 is nice. Rooms facing west have the best view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Took a quick overnight trip & wished we could've stayed longer!! Plenty to do even on a Sunday night!! Room was fantastic!! Brews Bros food was super yummy & my Bf that hates buffet even enjoyed it!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed December 2013
Anderson, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in some very nice rooms at the Eldorado and I have stayed in some of the smallest rooms ever at the Eldorado. Overall the rooms are nice and have been updated. The older rooms in the old tower are updated but they are small. We have found if we find a great deal on budget friendly websites you end up in the small rooms. This being said I have also stayed in some fantastic rooms at this resort. I would never hesitate to stay here regardless of the room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeview, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I made reservations over the internet and we were given an envelope full of coupons when we checked in supposedly because we used the internet. We got to experience all of their different restaurants for a drink or dining with a discount because of the coupons. The staff more than welcomed our coupons and all the restaurants and bars were fun and clean and good drinks and food. Without the coupons we probably would have left the Eldorado and went wandering, they kept us there with the discount coupons and glad they did cause all of the food and drinks were great!

Room Tip: Had a non smoking room with two queen beds. Only downside is the close proximity to the hospital so...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Granger, In
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I checked out most but not all of the casinos in Reno including the Pepperment and Atlantis but found the Eldorado to be my favorite Casino in Reno with Atlantis a distant second.
Granted the casino is a bit old but clean and comfortable with prompt, courteous service in all aspects. I could find myself staying there for a few days without having to leave the property because of the variety of restaurants and bars.
I mostly play video poker, blackjack, craps and poker. The poker room had daily thirty dollar tournaments with no rebuy and have a great deal going on in which they will give you 10 bucks in chips if you play in a tournament then go to a cash game and will also give you another ten dollars if your in one of the first tables in the morning so I paid 30 dollars to play in the tournament but then I was given 20 dollars in chips when I got knocked out and went to a cash game.
I also think their players club is pretty good. My girlfriend plays slots and she did very well there and got lots of free play and resort credits through their slot club.
Only bad thing is free play expires in 90 days while the resort credits expire in 14 months. When we asked when the points expired we were told 14 months not the 90 days. If we would have known the free play expired in 90 days we would have used them up the next day before we left and flew home ( in fact she tried to use her free play in the early morning but was told the system was down for maintanence.) The slot club isn't very clear on their rules so now looks like we will be out several hundred dollars on free play as I don't think we will be able to fly out there again so soon and having the casino erase your free play so soon dosn't exactly give you an incentive to go back there when there are cheaper flights to Vegas.
The rooms I thought were large and comfortable, which I thought were in much better shape then the room I stayed at in Harrah's Reno which is the only other hotel room I can compare it to while in Reno.
All and all I would highly recommend this casino.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

It's the shows that get us to the Eldorado sometimes. It's so nice that the bars and restaurants are so wonderful that we just stay and have all our fun in one spot. To me the highlight of the Eldorado is their employees they always go the extra mile.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!