“FAST check in, average stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Eldorado Resort Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   345 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89501   |
Ranked #12 of 65 hotels in Reno
Houston, Texas
“FAST check in, average stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Walked up to the counter and was out of there with my key cards in 2-3 minutes. Went during the week so was gave the free upgrade way up on a high floor with a great view of the city and Reno sign. Everything worked well in the room and was clean, no complaints. Try the 8 dollar buffet, it is a great deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MeganFinn, E-commerce Administrator at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello Jeremy,

Thank you so much for posting a review of the Eldorado Hotel Casino on TripAdvisor! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our fantastic buffet. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon!

Eldorado Hotel Casino
Reno, NV

958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Port Orchard, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Eldorado. It was OK but nothing special. We caught the shuttle at the airport. It stops right on the street and you go in on the street level. You then have to take the elevator up to the lobby. I found it a little confusing...lots of bright, blinking lights, and noise. The lobby and registration desk was in the middle of a main walkway and elevators. I did not find it very welcoming. They were very good in letting us check in early which was nice since we had been up since 4:30 am.

The room was fine..clean and comfortable. There was a tray on the dresser with water, nuts, juice etc and the refrigerator was stocked with water and alcohol. There was also a very small sign on the tray that said if anything was removed it would immediately be charged to your room bill. I was glad my grandson was not there since he likes to move things around. I almost removed things from the refrigerator so I could put in my own water and pop. Good thing I didn't or I would have been charged for removing them.

We ate in the buffet...it was good but not inexpensive.

There were security guards in front of the escalators and you had to show your room key before you could go up. I appreciate this.

We have stayed at the Silver Legacy before and I think that the two hotels are comparable. I do like the Silver Legacy better.....the drop off location is off the street and it easier to make your way up the the registration desk. If I go again I will stay at the hotel that has the best price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elko, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Upon check out, I asked to speak with a manager because the stay was not good and I just wanted to let him know that the front desk guy named Dakota was not a pleasant person. He asked what was so bad bout our stay so I told him that we reserved a non smoking and king sized bed, however we got a NASTY smoking room and two full sized beds!! He then said it is pointless to book rooms because you most likely WON'T get what you RESERVE!! However, every other hotel has accommodated what was RESERVED for us!! Just saying the manager told me that!! See no reason for another one of those stays!

Elko, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had booked our room through Expedia, however Expedia had to call the Eldorado and talk to someone because the female working for Eldorado who was supposed to finish the booking had decided to go on a break before finishing our reservation!?We made the reservation at least an hour before arrival!! So check in it was not pleasant! To top it off we are in a smoking room and none of us smoke, however, it sure smells like we all do in here! Nasty!! If I would of been asked I would of definitely said non smoking, but I was not asked and any other hotel puts us in a non smoking. If you smoke it's a place for you.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello Barb,

On behalf of the Eldorado Hotel Casino, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Eldorado on TripAdvisor. We truly care what our guests think of us and appreciate any feedback that can help us improve at meeting the expectations of our guests. We were concerned to hear about your negative experience with customer service during your stay. We are very sorry that you had to endure what seems like a frustrating process. We work hard to create an inviting and accommodating environment for our guests, and we apologize that was not your entire experience. We truly hope to have another chance to improve your impression of us at the Eldorado Hotel Casino.

Eldorado Hotel Casino
Reno, NV
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend out of town so we drove the 4 hours up to Reno from Monterey. The room was amazing as we were upgraded to Room 111, and it had a jacuzzi tub in the room along with a huge steam room in the shower . Although we didn't win anything in the casino's we did have a ghost visit us in the room that night. The faucet in the wet bar turned itself on for at least 10 seconds then turned off and we saw a figure in the mirror! No joke, we told the staff the next am and they just brushed it off, but we are planning on returning to room 111 called "The Players Room."

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Eldorado April 1 and 2. I chose a room on a high floor and the view was awesome. The beds where very comfortable and the room was clean . I was very pleased with the price and the free breakfast for two . The Eldorado has some of the best casino restaurants downtown,large menu great prices and good food. Overall I enjoyed the Eldorado and would stay again. Finally the show at the Eldorado "Mystique " was a real winner!

Room Tip: upgrade from standard to deluxe
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

we spent four nights there and had a blast, staff bent over backwards to insure a great time. Room was spacious and nice. beds were very comfortable. felt like a safe place to stay. would revisit in a heartbeat. air conditioner was a little on the loud side but other then that its was wonderful

Room Tip: ask for a view away from downtown to see the mountains
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!