“Ghostly Night!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Monterey, California
“Ghostly Night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend out of town so we drove the 4 hours up to Reno from Monterey. The room was amazing as we were upgraded to Room 111, and it had a jacuzzi tub in the room along with a huge steam room in the shower . Although we didn't win anything in the casino's we did have a ghost visit us in the room that night. The faucet in the wet bar turned itself on for at least 10 seconds then turned off and we saw a figure in the mirror! No joke, we told the staff the next am and they just brushed it off, but we are planning on returning to room 111 called "The Players Room."

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Eldorado April 1 and 2. I chose a room on a high floor and the view was awesome. The beds where very comfortable and the room was clean . I was very pleased with the price and the free breakfast for two . The Eldorado has some of the best casino restaurants downtown,large menu great prices and good food. Overall I enjoyed the Eldorado and would stay again. Finally the show at the Eldorado "Mystique " was a real winner!

Room Tip: upgrade from standard to deluxe
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

we spent four nights there and had a blast, staff bent over backwards to insure a great time. Room was spacious and nice. beds were very comfortable. felt like a safe place to stay. would revisit in a heartbeat. air conditioner was a little on the loud side but other then that its was wonderful

Room Tip: ask for a view away from downtown to see the mountains
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and always have had a good visit. This one however was special and above and beyond what you would expect. Usually fly by myself, but this time drove up with my wife. When we had valet bring up car, they said someone had damaged the car and pointed out a 2 foot long scratch on the hood that was damage from a key. It is something I would never have noticed until later when washing the car perhaps. Then, I would not know where or when it was done. They took full responsibility for the damage and took a report. Later when I sent a estimate for repairs, they sent a check to cover the repair.. They even comped me a night in the future!

The food is great. We had dinner at the prime rib restaurant, sushi, pho soup place,and the buffet for Sunday brunch and dinner- all excellent and good value and service. Rooms are clean,quiet, and nice. I like poker and the poker room is very good. Friendly dealers and staff and good games. Location good , easy walk to other places- river walk, car museum, other restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: Check their offers on the web. Some really good ones.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel, although older, is a perfect location for bowlers. The bowling venue is one block away from the hotel, so perfect. We also enjoy the fact that there is an indoor bridge to restaurants and shops. The buffet and the coffee shop are very good as well. We got a players club card last year and received some nice comps this year. We were in room 1719, found it very comfortable. The view was great as well.
The room was clean and quiet, and also supplied a coffeemaker. I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are there for the men's nationals.

Room Tip: Floor 17 is non-smoking, I would recommed this floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calif.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel itself is nice enough, but...We arrived just after the 3:00 pm check-in time, and the hotel had just two reps working the desk. There were at least three major events in town, and they only have two reps?! When the line started to spill into the lobby a third person finally showed. up and we eventually got our room. But...we reserved a non-smoking King and got a smoking double queen with a broken A/C thermostat. They fixed the thermostat quickly enough, but when I called the front desk about the reservation, the reply was "we guarantee the type of room (e.g. standard, deluxe, suite) but not the bed layout or if its smoking or non-smoking." The clerk did offer to try to find a non-smoking room for the next night, but didn't hold out much hope I find this surprising in a town so dependent on convention revenue. Suppose, instead of my wife and I, we were two unrelated people there for the bowling tournament, and received one king instead of two queens? Or if a guest is allergic to cigarette smoke? The reservation website does not clearly state the hotel doesn't guarantee the bed layout or smoking choice. One of the first things we did was walk to the local store and buy a spray bottle of odor eliminator to get the stink of stale smoke out of the room. It worked for a while, but we used almost the whole bottle by the end of our two-day stay.

I will say the room was quiet, clean, and the staff friendly and helpful to the degree they can help. Overall, the property is well-maintained. Realistically, there's not a lot to choose from if you're looking for a decent hotel in Reno, so the El Dorado may be as good as any of the other big hotels. But they should be more up front about the tentative nature of their reservations.

Room Tip: Be sure to clearly state your bed and smoking preference--for all the good it does.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've been quite pleased in the past with the reviews here and they have saved me tons of money and aggravation, but my luck ran out here. It does have a nice casino, but the rooms are really just not worth it. I upgraded to a deluxe suite and got a room no better than a La Quinta, loud AC, a beautiful view of a ventilation shaft and worn and saggy beds. There has got to be better to be found in Reno somewhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!