“Charged too much for internet connection!” 4 of 5 stars

Eldorado Resort Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1607 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89501   |
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Hayward, California
“Charged too much for internet connection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Clean room. More light and sound than I like entered from the hallway and through the closed windows but they weren’t that busy so we were still able to sleep. Refrigerator was packed with items for sale - no room for a couple of bottles or cans we might bring in. Distressed to find that they charged way too much for an internet connection ($4/hour or $18 for 3 days). I’d expect a free internet connection based on their room cost and that they want to attract business people. I couldn’t even connect to a free site as their page which charged for a connection would over-ride everything – even in their coffee shop where they advertised free internet! Won’t return for that reason – like millions of others, I count on the internet to check keep in touch, look at restaurant and show offerings, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This Hotel Casino is a family owned place...some fabulous Italians. The rooms are wonderful, comfortable and well maintained. The food is outstanding. LaStrada is their premier restaurant...a place impossible to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go high up for a good view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

When we checked in we got upgraded because our room was sold out on arrival. :-) :-) we had room 1601 a corner room it was a suite. Lots of Big Windows . Nice comfy, comfy bed, hot tub in the room (a little hard to get into), nice couch, small table with a couple of chairs. The bathroom was nice a little small especially with the door location and the toilet right behind it plus the shower in the same little room. Not the best bathroom set up but it was all still nice.
I've stayed here many times and all the rooms we've stayed in were Nice , clean and very comfortable. I'll be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We've stayed here several times. Each and every time, there's been a 15-30 minute wait for check-in. Different check-in times and we stay mid week. Our deluxe room was nice. A typical hotel room with a great view. The "standard" room not so great. Decent size, just slightly smaller than the "deluxe" room. The room was in an odd spot of the hotel with no view. We expected a less desirable room since it had a lower rate. Mid week the rate for the standard was only $30 plus tax, Reno tax ($2 a night) plus that ridiculous "amenities fee" of $7. IMHO: the amenities fee borders on deceptive. I believe it's just a way to lower the advertised room rate. Just raise the room rate by the fee amount and be up front with your guests (Harrahs for example?). As I stated previously, we understood that the "standard" room was less desirable. For the rate, we were satisfied. But any higher of a rate, mid week, would have been very disappointing.

Our rooms were clean and kept that way by housekeeping. Public area restrooms, not so much. My elderly mother was very grateful for the security presence both at the elevators and in the hallways.

My wife really enjoys the "spa" type room which Eldorado doesn't have. They do have a weight room and a pool. Pool is only open seasonally which is common among all the hotels.

The casino was fair. To many "gimmicky" table games for my taste. I like to play traditional blackjack. Others in my group were very happy with the slots so it could just be my personal preference. Drink service was very timely.

The Buffet is the best breakfast deal going. Breakfast mid week is $8.99. And, with a gold card, it's $2 less. Don't expect the same selection of food as the weekends. But, the selection is still very good and all the food was quite tasty.

Overall the stay was rather average. The people at this hotel make up for the other disappointments.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Eldorado was serviceable and central. The best part, seriously, was the parking garage. Easy to access, park get to the hotel and get back out again. Hated the casino - we're not gamblers. The room was tolerable - we were in the Sierra tower, I think? Apparently, the Spa tower is better. We were on a supposedly non-smoking floor but there were guys constantly smoking by the elevators. We informed security and the front desk on two separate occasions but nothing was done about it. We left the premises for food and drink.

Room Tip: rooms in the Spa tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
McArthur, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ok, This is a copy of a comment I posted on the El Dorados Webpage. I added a couple things not on the comment.I went on a trip there on my bike, had some really disappointing times mixed with some good times. So here goes:

This was a mixed bag, Had many problems on this trip. Gene Carano, Your casino needs much work. I go to resort casinos to enjoy many things, one is the hot tubs. I had to go to the Silver Legacy because apparently yours is not working. I had to wait over an hour to get a simple pass to use it. That is after I had to negotiate my way around the area to even find the place to get the pass. REALLY! Come on. I was disappointed that you have no shuttle to the ski areas during the week days.Your advertising does not mention that. Thats one of the reasons I came to Reno. You really do need to do better. I lost $150 very quickly in gaming. Got locked out of my room for over an HOUR!!!!
Ok that's the bad, the Good was The Brew Bro's were good, the buffet was good,I won $150 on Keno (that's unheard of for me), the valet were great they let me use the charger box on my motorcycle when my battery died. The following personal: security, desk, maid service, food service were all very good. But your Eldorado needs a serious facelift if you want to compete with Atlantis and Peppermill. I am going to post this comment on trip advisors. If you offer me a comp do to my disappointing trip I would accept and I will also post that as well. I believe in giving a fair and honest review of places I visit. Overall, an "average" is the rating I will give you, do to my bad experiences there the only reason I would go back is because your location is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Deer Park, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room was average. I really had a hard time with the lighting in the bathroom, especially putting on my makeup. The people were all extremely helpful and the food was pretty good. We ate at several different resturants in the hotel. I did not go there to gamble, but my husband had a great time with that! I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!