“Winter tri” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Davis, CA
“Winter tri”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I used a groupon and stayed one night. Groupon included room, 2 show tickets and 2 breakfast buffets. It was a great deal. Rooms are clean. Water is hot. Wifi in the rooms is not free. That is annoying these days. Breakfast buffet was included and good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been coming here for 25+ years and have always had a consistently good experience. The food is wonderful, especially at La Strada. The dealers are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean. For all those reasons, this is our hotel of choice.

Any opportunities for improvement? Well, the hotel operators weren't very helpful during this visit when asked about some restaurant specifics. It would be nice to have free Internet service (although it is free in the coffee shop).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the West. You'll get a great view of the sierras, which when covered with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This review is based on the horrible customer service I experienced at the front desk.
I ended up not staying.
I am a local in this town. I have stayed numerous times here at this hotel. I have always been very pleased with the rooms and the service before. Unfortunately I will not be coming here again.
I booked a spa room on their website a week before my stay. This was going to be my birthday gift.
When I checked in the clerk seemed nice until I handed her my visa debit card. She said they do not accept debit cards as of 2 weeks ago.
I booked my hotel online a week before and there is NOTHING on the website that tells you about this policy. I have stayed here before and NEVER had this problem. My choices were after speaking to the manager was down grading my room. Or putting down a $200 deposit.
Why would I want a regular room with just a t.v when I could of just stayed home in the first place!?
I asked the clerk if I was from out of town would of they given me the room? And her answer was yes. They do not rent spa rooms to locals with debit cards because the locals are the ones who trash the rooms. I felt very offended. I have never trashed a hotel room...especially if I have plans staying there again!?
I was told I was getting my money back. That will take 7-10 business days. I'm hoping they will keep that promise
They could of tried to be more accommodating . Especially being a local and a repeat customer.

• Stayed January 2013
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed in a luxury king non-smoking. The room is clean however there was a dark stain on the carpet. Room is above average in space but the room where the bathtub is located is too small.
The internet service which is included in the $7 resort fee is terrible. The service is accessed via a keyboard and tv but is useless. It is slow and hard to move the cursor around. They should just get rid of it and replace it with the wi-fi service. Also, the front desk would not provide a fun book so for meals and gambling, we visited the other casinos which gladly provided a fun book.

Craigavon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We Loved this Hotel/Casino, Great Downtown location, Superb room, very reasonable room rate using Priceline to book.
Great facilities on site and linked to Circus Circus and the Silver Legacy Hotels/Casinos so not much need to venture outside in the winter.
Staff friendly and helpful, several reasonably priced restaurants on site. Loads of choice in the Casino of slots and table games, we just about broke even on our gambling costs.
Had a very good stay and would highly recommend his Hotel.

Room Tip: Use a comparison site to get the best room rate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MeganFinn, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello sammeydog,

Thank you for posting a review of the Eldorado Hotel Casino on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to have you back as our guest again soon!

Eldorado Hotel Casino
Reno, NV
Adana, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I only spent one nigh at the Eldorado, but it was such a pleasant experience. The Casino itself is nice to walk around--not a gambler, so people-watching was my guilty vice! The room I stayed in was very clean, tidy and the bed. Oh, the bed was sooo comfortable. I have no idea what type of mattress they have, but I hadn't had such a comfortable, peaceful night's rest in a very long time. I'd definitely go back to the Eldorado in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Shuttle in the morning starts at 0600, so if you have an earlier flight, plan on paying a taxi betwe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello lledds,

Thank you for posting a review of the Eldorado Hotel Casino on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear you had a good night with us - for the record, we love our comfy beds too! Thank you so much for visiting us, and we hope to have you back as our guest again soon!

Eldorado Hotel Casino
Reno, NV
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here and the Silver Legacy, not much difference between the rooms, the furnishings were very similar if not identical, the beds seemed exactly the same Cal-king somewhat hard. The big difference between the two was that there seemed to be more hall noise, you know when someone was coming down the hall, didn't seem to hear as much at the Silver Legacy. The staff didn't seem as friendly but it was pretty busy when we checked in. I would recommend staying again, for a longer review of the complex in general see my Silver Legacy review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MeganFinn, Guest Relations Manager at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello summertravel999,

Thank you for posting a review of the Eldorado Hotel Casino on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back as a guest again here soon!

Eldorado Hotel Casino!

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!