“No complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Reno
Seattle, Washington
“No complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

This is a nice hotel as Holiday Inns go. We had the first room off the lobby on the ground floor. I was immediately worried that we would get a lot of noise from the lobby, but not so. The fitness room had a decent elliptical (which is important to some of us). We got a free lift into town on the airport shuttle. The room was actually quite spacious with a high ceiling. I got a good night's sleep there for sure. The complimentary breakfast was good too. I recommend the pancake maker, which produces a large pancake in about a minute. Best of all, this place is less than 10 minutes to the airport, which is why we stayed there. If our travels take us through Reno again, we will likely stay here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed here a few times and it great for a business traveller. Simple and very clean, just a Hotel though, no restraint or lounge with any grind of slot gaming, which is perfectly OK by me.
Simple getaway breakfast in the mornings and very kind and hospitable service from everyone there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear valued guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Reno Airport. Comments such us yours only spur us on to keep working hard to be the best we can be and a "Perfect" for all our guests. Please stop by anytime you are in Reno again and we will be more than happy to serve you once more. Thank you once more.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Newer hotel, very nice clean rooms, great breakfast with lots of different choices. Free coffee in evening as well as fresh baked cookies... nice touch! I would have given this hotel a 5 rating although my only beef was the whole "pet friendly" aspect of it. First of all, pet owners please be aware that this hotel is pet friendly, with a $20 PER PET/PER NIGHT pet fee. Yes, you read correctly, $20 per pet each night. And for what? They don't even have a pet potty area on sight. They do offer bags at the outer doors exiting the building, but that was about all I saw to be "pet friendly" in this hotel. A small potty area for dogs, sand pit even, would make a huge difference and partly justify the extra charge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much dear valued guest for writing this review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the difficulty you experienced with the dog walking area. Every guest concern is addressed promptly and as efficiently as possible. We hope that you will return and stay with us in the future. Thank you once again.
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for the July4th Weekend. Its a Clean Hotel mainly for business guests. The breakfast was good - lots of variety but not much healthy choices (sugar loaded yogurts etc.) The room quality was ok. TV is quite small and the bed was extremely uncomfortable - definitely not worth the $$$ we pay per night. One of the elevators was broken for all 3 nights we stayed. Also Parking lot was completely full on 2 nights when the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Not much noise from anywhere. Parking is a big issue at night when rooms are filled up. So arrive ea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review for us. Your comments are very important to us. We aim at being a "perfect " for all our guests and apologize that this stay was not so. Please contact us at 775-229-7070 and let us know, what we can do to make it right for you. Thank you once again for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've been here for a month on business and my room is always clean. Everyone on staff is amazing. I would like to give a shout out to one front desk gals in particular, who in my opinion is a huge asset to this property. Yesterday was my birthday and those of you who travel frequently know how lonely this can be when your away in a city where you have no family or friends. So after a 13hr shift I got back to the hotel and asked the driver to take me to get a cake and dinner (microwaveable duncan Hines and a cup of noodle) since it was my birthday I had to celebrate no matter how small I still wanted a cake....lol and she wished me a happy birthday and off we went to Walmart. When we came back she had a small gift bag for me and put a few snacks inside and said this was all she had and said I'm sorry your alone on your birthday but I hope you have a good night. :) Isabell this was very thoughtful of you and I hope this finds its way to your management because its folks like you who make business travelers like myself feel welcomed and makes holidays away from home not so lonely. Thank you again for this kind gesture I appreciated it so much. If I'm ever this way again I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear valued guest, thank you so much for taking the time to write a very thoughtful review. We do our best to provide a perfect level of service to our guest and are glad that you experienced that. We hope that you will return again in future so that we cater to you once more.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Universal Studios. This place was nice and quiet. What was nice was that it was so clean. My kids really enjoyed the pool after late shopping. They have a really nice breakfast bar in the morning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
KSN001, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Christian, thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that our goal to provide a perfect level of service to our guests was achieved during your stay. Reviews such as yours warm our hearts and spur us on to keep doing what we do, and do it better. Please come and visit us again soon. Thank you once more.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here after a long drive from Utah before going to Yosemite. The place was perfectly excellent - clean, comfortable, courteous staff, convenient to traveling, all the amenities we have come to expect from this usually very fine hotel chain.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Moniquepeep: Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thorough and wonderful review for us!. We understand how important a few minutes are these days. We are glad to hear we met your expectation during you stay. Please visit us again whenever you find yourself in the neighborhood!
Kenny Nagra

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno? Share your experiences!