“Great location in Reno” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California, Usa
“Great location in Reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

A newer property half way between the airport and downtown Reno, it's very convenient to both. Although situated right next to the freeway the hotels construction and orientation made for a very quiet stay and a good sleep. Good linens and good sized flat screen. Free WiFi. Nice bathrooms A typical but nicely appointed free breakfast area and a shuttle to the casinos/downtown are all pluses that made for a surprisingly comfortable stay outside the casino belt which i found to be very desirable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sharon A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi Tim W,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is one of the newest properties in Reno. It's a pleasure to come to work each day and enjoy the cleanliness, non-smoking, non-gaming atmosphere.

Should you have questions or need assistance for future reservations. I am at your service.

Sharon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Winnemucca, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This Hotel is really Nice still looks new. It's been the cleanest one I have stayed in. Stunning waterfall huge lobby and the staff is the Best I have ever seen. They treat you like you are at home. I defiantly enjoyed the spa and the pool. Oh also used the nice buisness center. In the morning like at 6 am I had a good Breakfast they had a huge variety. So much to say about this place. I strongly Recommend this property . :)

Room Tip: Any room is Good !!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi okiecb,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Your kind comments are most appreciated. We are proud of our property and your positive reinforcement is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay.

If I can be of service or assist you with future reservations. Please let me know.

new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here one night because I had a night arrival into Reno and didn't want to stay at a casino. Check in was smooth and the room was clean. One of its best features was the buffet breakfast. The two women who worked that morning to keep the buffet stocked and the breakfast tables clean were amazing and didn't miss a beat. One thing which was odd were the extremely high ceilings in the room which created an echo. Saw the pool but did not get to utilize it on our short stay.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and will be back on my next trip through Reno.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sharon A, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi evee 19,

Thank you for the kind words. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our guests. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful staff and appreciate your recognition of the ladies at breakfast.

Enjoy your travels. I am at your service should you need anything.

Sharon Ashton
Director of Sales and Marketing
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here during a business trip. Great hotel with no gambling on site. Makes it nice and quiet. My GPS took me right to it but it is kind of tucked in and out of the way. Would be tough to find without the GPS. Rooms clean and breakfast was great. Hotel even gave me the US Army per diem rate since I was on orders. Will gladly stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
redwood city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After driving over the Sierra Nevada, which took us 4 hours, during a blizzard a couple weeks I did not want to deal with Casino mania. We came upon this little Holiday Inn tucked away off the freeway. It was such a reprieve, no-smoking rooms throughout, and I didn't see any evidence of gambling. We booked a standard room with two queens, beds were comfortable as were the pillows. Rooms were exceptionally clean. They have flat screens, wi-fi (included in stay), mini-fridges (actually quite roomy when it comes to mini-fridges, microwave and a mini-coffee maker. There is a indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi, that we didn't have time to utilize but it was really warm. There also is a workout facility, not overly large, but has a treadmill and elliptical and some weights. This was clean as well. Breakfast (included in stay) in the morning was more than adequate, hot pancakes, waffles, eggs, ham, fruit, pastries, cereals, etc.... very easy and laid back atmosphere. The people who work here are very friendly, check-in was a cinch. In fact, I want to go to Mount Rose over the MLK holiday, and thought it would be nice to stay here. Grab a easy microwave dinner at Trader Joe's, hop in the pool and jacuzzi after a day on the slopes...sounds like a easy holiday vacation.

The only two odd things were: One the room had a very high ceiling, so every sound you made echoed a little bit, we didn't hear any other guests, but it was a bit odd. Second, the curtains did not close entirely and the next door evening lights were irritating. I had my husband throw a blanket over the window and this achieved the needed darkness for sleeping.

P.S. They do accept dogs, this might be helpful if you travel with your animals.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi richards 33,

What a great review, thank you so much. I have driven over the summit many times and am very familiar with those four hour journeys. I'm pleased you discovered our hotel and enjoyed the quiet, comfortable, safe atmosphere. The hotel is 100% non-smoking and non-gaming. We do appreciate the concern about the black out drapes. All the guest rooms have been inspected to ensure the drapes function correctly. The rooms on the first floor do have very high ceilings which enhances the feeling of a spacious guest room. I had never experienced an echo or had a complaint but I'm sure given the right circumstances, it may be possible.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am at your service should you have questions or need help with future reservations.

Warm regards,
Winnemucca, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel about 2 weeks ago. I always stay here my favorite place to stay in Reno. It's like home the staff is all so nice to me all the time. My room is always so clean and they give me upgrades. Lobby is always nice and clean. I think if your going to stay somewhere stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Reno if you want to stay in a clean Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Elko, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we had a doctors appointment and we have stayed at many hotels but this one was really nice. Huge clean rooms and very quite. All other places I've stayed are so noisy. Not this Holiday Inn Express. I wanted to relax and used the spa. I was also able to use the buisness center. The staff was the best better than any place in Reno. In the morning we had a hot breakfast. Will stay here again .

Room Tip: Top floor backside!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno? Share your experiences!