“Very Classy Restaurant, Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 763 restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jensen Street
Reno, Nv
“Very Classy Restaurant, Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

As with most high-end restaurants, the food was great but there just was not enough of it... other than that, the service was exceptional and the atmosphere very nice. Would definitely eat there again for a special occassion.

Visited December 2012

65% Recommend
Walnut Creek, California
“Steak to Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I decided to splurg and have a real "steakhouse" steak on my trip to Reno and the Grand Sierra Resort. I prefer eating a "heavy" steak dinner early in the evening, so I arrived shortly after 5:30 PM. Since I was solo, I decided to sit in the lounge rather than the formal restaurant. I ordered a fillete with mashed potatoes, which was accompanied by a house salad. Everything was absolutely delicous. The meat was so tender and tasty. The potatoes were mashed to perfection and the salad was excellent. I had cheesecake for desert to top off a perfect steak dinner that I will long remember and will do again next trip. Highly recommend Charlie Palmer Steakhouse.

Visited November 2012
Pacifica, California
“Average for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Early November my wife and I had a 2 nites stay at the Grand Sierra so we tried out this Charlie Palmer. From outside it looked nice. We went early like 5:30 pm and were seated right away. We had the GSReward card so we got a $25 discount on the meal.

We had 10 oysters on the half shells at the happy hour price of $1@. I had the Lobster Bisque (w/ cognac cream) $9.95 and the CP Burger $12.95. My wife had the appetizer Sared Foie Gras at $16.95 (marker price). The meal was bit disappointing. The oysters appeared to be already opened sitting somewhere waiting for order. The lobster bisque was "plain", not that good. I specifically asked to have te burger meat FULLY cooked with NO pink. But the inner meat came with plenty of pink. The only item good was the foie gras. It was pricey. Service was good but still lacked the very fundamental of waiting - "refill my water" which the waitress did not. Thank you.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Does Charlie know about this?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Had weak cocktails at the bar and tried their Happy Hour offerings -- oysters on the half shelf could have been better quality, crispy calamari were downright bad: dry as the desert with the batter mounting on the plate. Barely touched it, nobody asked why.If you don't like Happy Hour, don't offer it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Placerville, California
“It'll be 20 minutes ... an hour later”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The wait was longer than expected and from what we saw, there were empty tables all over the place. I think it's a conspiracy to make you gamble more. Anyhow, we were finally seated and able to order around 9 p.m. All that wait for this? The meal was just OK – not the best. Not to mention, the prices were outrageous. I've had better.

Visited November 2012