“Uncomfortable but fun” 4 of 5 stars

Owner description: at Primm Valley Casino Resorts
Seattle
“Uncomfortable but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

It's been a year since I went on Desperado, but I need to comment about it, since so many people are complaining about it.

Desperado is not a comfortable coaster by any stretch of the imagination. The seats are about as soft as a pew. It's very rough in spots, and you can get some nice bruises if you're not careful. It is fun though, if you like speed and air.

Here's a tip: Don't ride in the middle rows. For some reason there's a lot of unpleasant vibration during the ride at the middle rows. Get in the very front of the very back. The back is probably the best, because you'll get the best air-time. I've been on Desperado at least 25 times and have come to this conclusion.

Yeah, there are a lot of better coasters out there, but when you're in the Vegas area, Desperado is a nice diversion.

hollister
“Exhilirating but Very Jerky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We paid the $8 for a ticket and got right on the ride. No lines to speak of, although the casino was packed. Loved the initial drop but hated the neck jerks. My boyfriend ended up with a sprained neck the next day. The company that designed this ride should have made the coaster ride smoother. All in all, a fun experience.

Denver, CO
“Stay far far away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

My partner and I "experienced" this coaster on a recent trip to Vegas. Even though I read the reviews I didn't pay much attention. I should have. The first hill is extremely steep and banks immediately afterward. To say the ride was bumpy would be an understatement. I wasn't screaming in excitement - I was screaming in pain.

Three fractured ribs later, $70 in doctor bills and $59 in prescriptions later, I'm on the mend. No, I'm NOT kidding. It's interesting that there was a fairly large sign at the exit of the coaster which said "For injuries, see Security." No doubt so they can have you sign a liability release form.

The casino looked nice, but stay away from Desperado.

El Centro
“the best roller coaster ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

desperato is the funnest roller coaster ever the funnest part of the ride is the drop off because u go down 225 feet and two stories below the ground and it goes over 90 mph if u havent rode the desperato you need to because it is the funnest and the biggest wildest roller coaster so u should ride it u wont regret

nolan coyne

California
“Warning. Stay away.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Last week was my third trip to Primm's Buffalo Bill's amusement area with my son. Both of us are roller coaster enthusiasts. We have season passes to Six Flags Magic Mountain and go many times over the last 2 years running from coaster to coaster.

My son was at first a little weary of Desperado due to the height, but was ready this time. We warmed up to the coaster by doing a few other things first. That's when I should have noticed something was wrong: every arcade game and ride had something broken on it. Arcade games either ate our money or didn't give us the tickets we won, all three ticket counters were dead, several rides were closed while others were half-broken or were held together with duct tape. Half the gates to the coaster were broken and tied shut with ziplocks, so you had to walk around through the working gates to get to the seats you want. Everything felt run-down and unkept. The employee who is supposed to watch the top of the hill on the log ride was, literally, fast asleep!!

Well, against my instincts, we went on Desperado anyway. My fear level went up when I saw the main operator was not paying attention to her job at all, but was yacking it up with another employee. I had to watch myself to make sure they did their seat harness/belt check.

The ride itself? Extremely bumpy and uncomfortable. So much so that it was just plain unenjoyable. I really can't say more than that.

My son would gladly go on Goliath many times, which is a similar type of hypercoaster. The true test of the ride quality is that he would not go on it again, not that I would let him anyway. It just seemed too unsafe.

Been to Desperado Roller Coaster? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Desperado Roller Coaster, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.