“Really nice resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Primm Valley Resort & Casino

You added Primm Valley Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Primm Valley Resort & Casino
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   31900 South Las Vegas Boulevard, I-15 S. (California Nevada Border), Primm, NV 89019   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Really nice resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was great to be here for a week in my trip.Swimming pool is really nice, food is good, not far from somewhere I wanted to visit. My children were very happy with playing garden for children. This is the first time we are here but we will go back in near future for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The only positive here is that the bed appeared to be clean. Otherwise, my family and I slept in our close and got out of there quick! Like speedy quick!! There were huge dumpsters filled and over flowing with trash when we got up in the morning. I think there may have been a body or two, or at least that's how it smelled, terrible!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Vegas has gotten so overcrowded. This resort has everything I need for a quick weekend getaway without having to drive the extra 45 minutes to Vegas or fight the crowds. I have stayed at both Buffalo Bills and the Primm hotels and enjoy both. The hotels are a great value...clean and comfortable. However, they do not have the frills of some of the higher end places in Vegas. Primm does have the nicer rooms (I'm told Buffalo Bill's was interrupted by a burst pipe in the middle of renovations last year). The resort comps are better than great and there are plenty of food and entertainment options to fill a weekend. GP's steakhouse at Primm is perfect for a nice romantic dinner and the Pancake house is worth the trip just for the fresh squeezed OJ. The buffets are only "so-so", probably because this is where you redeem all your food comps. Various snack places, Dennys and Ihop, are options as well. Oh and the one dollar hot dogs at the sports bar is great for a late night snack. The outlets usually have some outstanding deals; the bands that play regularly at Bills and Whiskey Pete's are foot tapping good; and there are some fun rides at Bill's on weekends. The service in the casinos stretches from very slow to superman fast. I suspect it depends on how busy they are. The cash-cage/ players-club people are always friendly and the restaurants' staff is usually pretty efficient. I would recommend that families only stopover while waiting for traffic to subside as opposed to a longer stay. There are some cool rides at Buffalo bills for kids and teenagers might like hanging out at the mall, but after the first couple hours, there won't be much to do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
California City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We just spent five days in Vegas and thought it would be fun to stop off for the first night in Primm to check out the outlets and ride the roller coaster at Buffalo Bill's. The Primm Valley Resort looked to be the bet choice in Primm based on the Trip Advisor reviews so we opted for their $140 a night suite. I was fully aware that the hotel was on the older side as I had stayed once previously some 10 years ago. I wasn't however prepared for how dilapidated the place was.

You enter through the casino which is a series of old doors that are blacked out so you cannot see in or out. Once you enter you are overwhelmed by the odor of cigarette smoke, which amazes me given the air filtration systems that are available these days. The casino and front desk area looked outdated and dirty. The staff was not particularly friendly and it appeared that customer service wasn't particularly high on the hotel priority list.

As for our suite (laughable), it was reminiscent of a tenement studio apartment. The furniture was cheap old foam furniture and it smelled terrible. The door dividing the bedroom from the living area was hanging off the hinges and wasn't operable. The tile grout in the bathrooms was cracked terribly causing many of the tiles with sharp edges to lift . Our mini fridge wasn't cleaned out and had old milk cups in it. The jacuzzi tub had hair stuck in the jets and everything just felt filthy. The bedding smelled and a good night's sleep was not to be had. My husband (who is the most low maintenance person I know) actually rolled over at about 5am because he couldn't sleep and said FYI...this place is a dump.

I wouldn't even recommend the outlets. There were no bargains that I saw and the shopping is really no comparison to the stores and malls in Vegas. The only semi bright spot in this hotel was the Pancake House. The service was quick and the food was pretty decent.

To sum it up, I wouldn't ever stay here again....even if my rooms were comped. I suggest driving the extra distance and just staying in Las Vegas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Victorville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I LOVE STAYING AT STATE LINE, WE RECEIVED FREE COMPS AND thats ALWAYS A PLUS. This month we were there to play in a free BINGO TOURNAMENT with 3 free nights. IT was a great mini vacation! I get comps for free food and rooms. We get invites for free slot tournaments. Make sure you get a players card which is good to use at all 3 of the casinos. It PAYS to use your card!

Room Tip: WHISKEY PETES is the oldest of the 3 HOTEL AND CASINOS. The rooms show it, however they are clean...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was great for what I recevied free rooms and a concert enjoyed the views of the mountains and liked the thunderstroms that went through always enjoy the racbook were else can I play caveman menorah at the bar and play the pony's all in one spot my favorite casino on the statline

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Primm_Valley, General Manager at Primm Valley Resort & Casino, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again very soon.

Best,
Kenji Hall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This Primm Valley Casino and Resort is on the Nevada side of the California/Nevada Stateline. My hubby and I stayed July 18-20. We used a free 2 night stay room offer I earned from gambling there in April. The room was a typical Motel 6 room with a loud AC wall unit. I suggest they change it out to a quiet central AC. The slots were hot the first night and then the second night was not so hot. I suggest if you visit Primm you should sign up for the player's card and use it, the free offers are generous.
There was a bad storm the second night and we experienced 2 blackouts for about 2 seconds. It took a while for the slots to boot back up.
The Original Pancake house served up some yummy food and the Friday night buffet was serving the same food from the lunch buffet with the exception of crab legs. The crab legs were tasty and the rest was just average and salty. Overall it was an average stay, but we made the best of it.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Primm Valley Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!