“Motel Hell on Steroids” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31900 Las Vegas Blvd. S, I-15 South At State Line, Primm, NV 89019   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Alder Springs, CA
“Motel Hell on Steroids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

If I could give this dive a zero, I would. My non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, and go figure – there were no “no smoking” signs anywhere, and people were actively smoking in the hallways and rooms. My room was filthy and in ill repair, with broken bathroom tiles, a torn sheet and bugs in my bed. And I don’t even want to think about what those stains were on the carpet and walls! I’ve traveled all over the world and had better accommodations in a remote Turkish hostel with a shared bathroom. Granted this place is dirt cheap (emphasis on dirt), but I have found better properties for the same money in Las Vegas, and they included “extras” like a fridge, microwave, internet, breakfast and clean sheets. Bottom line, if you want to relive your frat house days then this is the place for you, but if you want a decent hotel with basic cleanliness, the go somewhere – anywhere – else.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stopped by after leaving Las Vegas strip. The roller coaster is awesome! I think it's my favorite coaster ride ever! The atmosphere is fun and very family-friendly. The cocktail waitress was awesome. She brought drinks quickly and checked back every few minutes! Gotta love that. We liked the free monorail ride to the other casinos too. Would love to come back with all the kids next time, as this was just an adult trip this time. Rates are inexpensive and lots to do. We would like to check out the comedy show next time!

Room Tip: We didn't spend the night, as we were just passing through! But we plan on staying here next tim...
Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were in one of the older rooms. The tv was an OLD tv. The A/C did not work well. You had cold or off. We saw TONS of bugs inside and outside. The best thing about our stay was the really cool water slide. I don't think I will stay here again till the rooms are updated

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Lompoc, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Seems like facility maintenance is being avoided, kitchen "was backed" up so 20 minute delay for seating for lunch ( but lots of empty tables). ??? Very few people there so others must feel the same way. Made minimal contribution at the slots, which is our approach and expectation, so that is not the reason for our rating.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Twentynine Palms, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed on the 24th of July and again on 3 August. This place has gone downhill! The first night wasn't too bad...the room was outdated, but for $30 it served it's purpose. The second stay was, in short, horrible. No hot water and the heater smelled like burnt hair. It set off the fire alarm! I didn't bother staying the night and just left. Did I mention that this was the third room they put me in? The first room the lights didn't work; the second room the AC didn't work. Next time I'm in the area, I'll just drive to Jean and try my luck there.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Colchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stopped here before going on to Las Vegas and instantly regretted it. Though we had a child with us they put us into a smoking room (possible law suits over health issues could be a problem from others). The room was dreadful with a carpet that needed replacing and a television that was the latest model thirty years ago. They are only interested in taking your money and giving nothing in return.

Room Tip: Book into one of the sister hotels, or better still head to Vegas.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I visited this place as my family was playing at Buffalo Bill's across the highway. The very first thing I noticed is the sour smell of the air and that it was the least crowded of all the 3 casinos in the area. The original Bonnie & Clyde Death Car can be found here. Apart from seeing the car, I don't see myself visiting this place again for any other reason nor ever staying for the night at all. I would say Primm Valley is the best option for checking in.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!