“going again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31900 Las Vegas Blvd. S, I-15 South At State Line, Primm, NV 89019   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Ogden, Utah
“going again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our favorite place to stay. The price is great , Our room was clean and fresh, and we have no complaints for the price we paid. We were there the end of May and will be there end of June.
The staff was helpful and friendly.We needed extra towels and got them in no time. Easy off and on freeway.

Room Tip: Get there before the sun goes down and get the feel of where your are at. Your stay will be more pl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way to Vegas from California but got stuck in some serious traffic a few hours in so when we saw this place I thought it a good idea to stop for a few hours and get some sleep as it was already late. Boy was that a mistake! We waited at the check in desk for 30 mins while the slowest man in the world painstakingly checked the person infornt of us and after 20 mins more we were on our way to our room. Then it happened, as we walked through the casino looking around to take in the place, it was obvious even to me that this place wasn't right, everyone looked wierd. Maybe it was the terrible lighting, or the stained carpets, or the crazy eyed staff or the grey lifeless looking people but something was up. I'm not joking when I say I could smell dispair, it was like a thick fog hanging heavy in the room. We moved quickly toward the bedroom, shurly we would be safe there.. Just a quick sleep and then out. I opened the door to, well you've seen te pictures, a room from a 70's horror movie! Worst of all it was filthy and when I opened the curtain found we were not alone. There was a guy outside the window (in fairness he probably worked there) but none the less we got the distinct feeling that best case scenario we would wake up with scars where our kidneys had been. Worst case it was going to be exactly like the ti*ty twister from the move 'dusk till dawn'. Without unpacking, I'd like to say walked but it was more of a sprint/jogged to the check in desk and checked out. $30 down felt like a hell of a deal to escape, and I was so wide awake with fear, adrenalin and freakedoutedness that we made the strip in record time. I know this sounds like I'm making it up but I dare you to go.. Just for a look, but be carful as you may never leave!

• Stayed May 2014
Primm, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The pool was closed even though it is June and very hot today.
The cash cage would only give a small amount and was unknowledgeable. The room keys were continually faulty
and there was no room service available.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Westminster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

For $38 on a Sat night, you get what you pay for. Dingy carpets. In 100 degree weather, the hotel does not air condition the elevators or hallways so the only source of relief you will feel is in your room with A/C on!

We had a King bed with obviously queen size flat sheets. The bottom sheet went just to the foot of the bed and was too short to be tucked in. The sides of this bottom sheet barely went over 5" on each side so the sides couldn't be tucked in! So needless to say, the bottom sheet went everywhere as you moved around in your sleep. Stupid to say the least. The mattress itself was softer and to my liking, although the pillows were quite hard. I've had this problem with pillows at other hotels so when I'm driving, I make it a habit to take my own pillows (which I did this time as well!)

We arrived around 8pm and went on to Vegas the next day. if you plan to stay in Primm longer, don't stay here.

Visit the Bonnie and Clyde exhibit within the casino, complete with their bullet-riddled "death car." You'll also see the bullet riddled shirt of Clyde's donated by his sister. She must have washed it because it was not blood stained. Not sure why she would have kept such a shirt for all those years, but then again, the entire family sounded pretty much like "bad guys in the business."

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Madera, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

30 a night traveling through is not bad. Buffett closes at 8 even on the weekend and is DEFINATELY not worth 15 a head, barely adequate room size. no extras, horrible location between vegas and ?. Suggestion; stay in Henderson.

Room Tip: half hour towards vegas is Henderson, everything a traveler needs
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Driving back to California,with a hangover(imagine that),and bumper to bumper traffic,we decided to stop here for another night.The rooms were clean and the price was OK.The casino doesnt offer too much as choice in tables(2 were open) or restaurants(McD or IHOP)but it served its purpose,I got some sleep,played alittle and had a bit to eat.Left the next morning with no hangover and no traffic.I would stay here again if needed to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

First of All why dont they have luggage dolly, and with all the money the make why dont they update that 1980's look, i mean i like the retro look but damm , lol. Also they need to make a adult pool, too many little kids , nothing wrong with kids, but we adults want a pool bar or swim up bar , or just change the hours no kids after 5pm adults only? Other than that everyone is friendly , it has potential to be a top draw with the right remodel and upgrades? I may come back , if they change it

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!