We stayed at Whiskey Pete's on a drive from Iowa to the California Coast. We weren't in the area to gamble, nor were we at the hotel to use amenities. We simply needed a place to rest and regroup for the next day and did not want to stay in Vegas.
This hotel served it's purpose for us. We arrived at about 2:00 am and did not have a reservation. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and talkative and found a room for us that he said would be "quiet". We noticed the front lobby smelled of stale smoke but at that hour, there were not many gamblers using any of the multiple machines there.
Our room was on an upper floor of the "tower" part of the motel and had a decent view of the pool area and surrounding desert. The ice machine was at the end of the hall and was inoperable and the pop machine took my money without giving me a cool beverage. Neither issue was a big deal but was annoying as we just wanted to call it a day and sleep after having a cold drink.
Our room did not have a coffee maker but I guess I didn't really expect much for a $30 night's stay.
My favorite part of the room was the shower. It had a proper height seat which I sat on and simply let the water run for a few minutes. That felt like heaven.
We slept for about 5 hours before taking off in the morning. Our room was super quiet and we encountered no issues. We each threw away $20 bucks in the casino machines, had breakfast in the lobby McDonald's, and headed on our way. There is also an IHOP in the lobby but we wanted fast food hadn't planned to stick around very long.
The parking lot area felt safe and we didn't worry about anything we'd left in the vehicle.
I would stay at Whiskey Pete's again. It served our purpose. . . a cheap place to crash.
I wish I'd taken the time to find out the name of the front desk clerk as he should be commended for his customer service skills. I know management sometimes reads Trip Advisor reviews. We were there on 6/21/13 at or around the time mentioned above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a lucky 777 guest rooms, we’re located just outside of Las Vegas on the I-15 freeway. Featuring your favorite slots and table games, Whiskey Pete’s has exactly what you’re looking for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiskey Pete`s Hotel And Casino
- Whiskey Pete`s Hotel Primm
- Whiskey Petes Las Vegas
- Whiskey Petes Hotel
- Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino Primm, Nevada