“good place to rest after/before a long drive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31900 Las Vegas Blvd. S, I-15 South At State Line, Primm, NV 89019   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Sioux City, Iowa
“good place to rest after/before a long drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at Whiskey Pete's on a drive from Iowa to the California Coast. We weren't in the area to gamble, nor were we at the hotel to use amenities. We simply needed a place to rest and regroup for the next day and did not want to stay in Vegas.
This hotel served it's purpose for us. We arrived at about 2:00 am and did not have a reservation. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and talkative and found a room for us that he said would be "quiet". We noticed the front lobby smelled of stale smoke but at that hour, there were not many gamblers using any of the multiple machines there.
Our room was on an upper floor of the "tower" part of the motel and had a decent view of the pool area and surrounding desert. The ice machine was at the end of the hall and was inoperable and the pop machine took my money without giving me a cool beverage. Neither issue was a big deal but was annoying as we just wanted to call it a day and sleep after having a cold drink.
Our room did not have a coffee maker but I guess I didn't really expect much for a $30 night's stay.
My favorite part of the room was the shower. It had a proper height seat which I sat on and simply let the water run for a few minutes. That felt like heaven.
We slept for about 5 hours before taking off in the morning. Our room was super quiet and we encountered no issues. We each threw away $20 bucks in the casino machines, had breakfast in the lobby McDonald's, and headed on our way. There is also an IHOP in the lobby but we wanted fast food hadn't planned to stick around very long.
The parking lot area felt safe and we didn't worry about anything we'd left in the vehicle.
I would stay at Whiskey Pete's again. It served our purpose. . . a cheap place to crash.
I wish I'd taken the time to find out the name of the front desk clerk as he should be commended for his customer service skills. I know management sometimes reads Trip Advisor reviews. We were there on 6/21/13 at or around the time mentioned above.

Room Tip: We had a room in the tower, an upper floor. It had a decent view of the motel grounds but the surrou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cedar City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Typical casino hotel. It could have been better. My main complaint is that all of the ice machines were out of order. I tried several different floors, and all were not functioning. Finally someone told me I had to go to the bar in the casino to get ice.
Another complaint - no wireless service. I believe this is an effort to keep you out of your room and into the casino, where they make all of their money.
One last complaint - terrible dining choices. There are two places to eat in this hotel, a McDonalds and a IHOP, that's it. If you want other choices you have to get in your car and drive.
The only good thing about this place is the price, so I guess I should expect less when I only paid $35 for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Okay, hard to keep guests seeing the quality. Spa and pool slide were both inop. Looks like its been broke for months. Pool area never been swept since winter tree foliage drop of pine needles. Tran service was inop to other Primm properties. Not sure why maintenance isn't keeping up with "eye soars". Not sure why pool closed at 7:45pm when lifeguards leave as other hotels allow guests to use pool without lifeguards? Person handling towel issuance could have worked instead of doing nothing but talking

Room Tip: Choose a room with an odd number in order to get a view overlooking the pool, else looking over top...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Primm_Valley, General Manager at Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear LVTraveler2013,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding your recent visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the pool area. I have forwarded your comments to our engineering department to take action. Thank you for the suggestion of us keeping the pool open without a lifeguard. The regulations set by the Southern Nevada Health District will not allow the pool of that size to be open without a lifeguard on duty. Again thank you for your feedback.

Best,
Kenji Hall
Honoulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

As I travel, the heatwave of 118 plus hits the Las Vegas area. I stopped for gas and decided to STAY. Great, friendly staff. Remarkable rates with ice cold air conditioner, great internet access, all you could need and want for UNDER 50.00 ! Slots a plenty and tons of food options. Countless slots. (yay) The pool is crystal clean and well done. Absolutely impressive with so much to do for virtually anyone. Can not beat this 30 minute drive from Las Vegas. HOORAY !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sarah M,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,
Kenji Hall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel after spending a few days in Vegas before heading back to California. This is a good hotel if you need to rest up before returning back to your normal life. There is a decent selection of fast food restaurants which is easily accessible with the free trolley. Beer and hotdogs were 1 buck near the main entrance.

• Stayed June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I arrived, after a long day driving, I discovered they had misplaced my reservation and there was a bit of a wait while this was sorted out. My wife and I were given a free meal while this was sorted out. Fortunately I had proof of the reservation with me. After eating, the room was ready and everything turned out to be fine. The bed was comfortable, and quiet. Overall I was happy with this. Although the Primm Valley on the other side is more expensive, I prefer Whiskey Pete's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Casino Resorts outside of Vegas. We absolutely loved our stay. The parking was somewhat of an issue but we will definitely be back. The food was appetizing and staff was superb! We thoroughly enjoyed the machines and even won some money.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!