“Very restful retreat near the Valley of Fire” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Shore Inn at Lake Mead

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Overton
North Shore Inn at Lake Mead
You added North Shore Inn at Lake Mead to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   520 N. Moapa Valley Blvd., Overton, NV 89040   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Overton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Very restful retreat near the Valley of Fire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here with my brother and sister in law and nephews 27th-30th July and will be recommending this hotel to anyone who is thinking of travelling to Nevarda. The owners and staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast was very good. The rooms were very comfortable and the swimming pool excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The only reason I am giving 4 stars is due to it's location. Overton is a tiny town with nothing to do. We were traveling from Grand Canyon to Zion via the Valley of Fire. If you are in this area- North Shore is the ONLY place worth staying in. Witnessed the sunset from the pool- gorgeous. Our room was slightly dated but extremely clean and comfortable. Full breakfast was included with is a nice plus.

Carmarthen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stay here in Overton. The couple who run this place are lovely and obviously want you to enjoy your stay. Our room was comfortable and breakfast varied, just a shame about all the disposable cutlery, plates etc. We took a dip in the pool in the evening under the stars which was very relaxing and refreshing.

Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Overall, not a bad stay. I stayed for one night in the middle of July with daytime temps hovering around 110 degrees outside. The coolness of the room was a welcome relief from the outside - even though it the cooler seemed to struggle a bit to keep up.
The room in which I stayed and hotel in general were pretty clean. I stayed in a room with one king bed. It was spacious enough and included a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The room also included a small couch, coffee table and small desk.
I dealt with only two staff members (check-in and check-out) and both were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast in the morning was good. Pre-prepared scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes. Boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit were also available. Coffee, juice, waffle maker, etc. Pretty standard for the comparable chain hotels these days, but pretty good for an independent hotel as this on is.
The outside pool looked clean enough, though I didn't use it. With the outside temps being what they were, it would have been a welcome relief, but I didn't have time to take advantage of it.
I struggled on the rating for this one and could have easily given it a 3-1/2if available, but it doesn't compare to other hotels that I've given a 4 rating. Driving through town, I suspect that this is the best hotel in the Overton area and if compared only to the others in the local area it probably rates higher than what I've provided here.
My biggest complaint is regarding the bed. The mattress was hard and cheap and I could feel every spring. Given that my primary purpose for paying for a room is to get a good night's sleep, the comfort of the mattress heavily impacts the rating.
The hotel was quiet at night - though there were few other guests. I did have a neighbor and I could tell their TV was on through the wall, but it wasn't bad.
Also - and this may rate in the TMI (too much information) column, but a pet peeve of mine for hotels these day has to do with the bathroom. I'm a big guy (not necessarily overweight - just big) and the old fashioned, small, simple round toilet bowls seem horribly out of date. An update to an elongated bowl would be nice instead of the leaving in place one that seems to date to the 1960's.
Again - overall not a bad stay, just not stellar. If staying again in Overton, I'll most likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
draper, ut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The North Shore Inn is a great place to stay off of I-15 North/East of Vegas. My two rat terriers were welcome at no added charge. The rooms, while dated, were in excellent repair and spotless and I was in a pet room. It is owned by a husband and wife and reflects personal care and attention. I will stay there again for sure and recommend it to those who want a very clean, nice place to spend the night. Thanks to Chris and his lab for a welcoming greeting when I walked in the door. Breakfast is cooked by Chris' wife, though because I slept in, I missed it. If you stay and have time, visit the Lost City Museum. Hohokum artifacts rescued before the filling of Lake Mead reside there in a museum built by the WPA in the 30s. The museum contains items that I have seen no where else. Well worth a couple of hours of browsing.

Room Tip: Pick a room, any room. Personally, I like to stay on the first floor.